The Government has now lost 6 votes in The Oireachtas since its formation.

General Urko

The Coalition of Blueshirts and Endapendents has lost 2 votes this week, one on tracker mortgages and one on The Fossil Fuel divestment Bill.

Yes 6 wickets gone but still batting away!petunia

'It brings to six the number of Government defeats on Private Member’s motions, including Bills, since the Coalition was formed in May last year.
It avoided another defeat last year by not calling a vote and conceding to a Fianna Fáil motion for variable mortgage interest rates.'

This is probably a record for an Irish Government and surely there will be many more to come!petunia

Two more Dáil defeats brings Government losses to six

Dame_Enda

Bonfire of the vanities. The ego still has some way to go.

Amnesiac

Isn't this what a more powerful Dáil looks like? Still, you'd have to wonder about the priorities of the opposition when they push for NTMA fossil fuel divestment and the passage of toothless motions.

Brera

I never got the obsession with a government losing a vote ?

It happens in lots of other countries. As long as it's a not a budget releated vote, it's not a major issue.

General Urko

Isn't this what a more powerful Dáil looks like? Still, you'd have to wonder about the priorities of the opposition when they push for NTMA fossil fuel divestment and the passage of toothless motions.
Well Eff EFF want Edna as The Blueshirt Taoiseach for sure!petunia

Last edited:

Brera

Having a stronger Dáil is ideal but "New Politics" seems a long way off !

General Urko

It happens in lots of other countries. As long as it's a not a budget releated vote, it's not a major issue.
It's nice to see it happen, but given the strong whip system in outr parliament it very rarely happens and accept for some Governements falling over budgets, two of the very few votes, I remember a Governement losing was the National coalition losing on the family planning bill in the 70s when Taoiseach Liam voted against his own Government and Fitgerald/Dickie Spring Axis must have lost over the wording for the abortion referendum as it was the EFF EFF motion insanely legally equating a woman's life to a foetus that has landed us in so much shyte on that issue and possibly has cost lives that was put to a then highly fúcking redneck electorate!:mad:

Tough Paddy

Precisely. Apart from bringing comfort to the OP's sad existence, it has very little significane in the grand scheme of things.

General Urko

Precisely. Apart from bringing comfort to the OP's sad existence, it has very little significane in the grand scheme of things.
I don't have a sad existence and surely a Misgovernment with a Troika Party at its helm taking it up the hole goodoh is a cause for celebration!petunia

venusian

I don't have a sad existence and surely a Misgovernment with a Troika Party at its helm taking it up the hole goodoh is a cause for celebration!petunia
Anything that accelerates the destruction and downfall of FG is a cause for celebration!

Dame_Enda

This is political spanking to put manners on cosy elites.

wombat

The only problem with silly issues is the possibility of unintended consequences.

ger12

The new politics seems fairer than the old politics all the same.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
some of the bills that have passed to committee arn't great but the gov needs to get use to having to accept them and make them better (rather then just block them in the committee instead)

Last edited:

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Peppermint

I don't get why this is in anyway surprising?
They are a minority government with FF deciding policy..

Hence shag all being done..

venusian

The Coalition of Blueshirts and Endapendents has lost 2 votes this week, one on tracker mortgages and one on The Fossil Fuel divestment Bill.

Yes 6 wickets gone but still batting away!petunia

'It brings to six the number of Government defeats on Private Member’s motions, including Bills, since the Coalition was formed in May last year.
It avoided another defeat last year by not calling a vote and conceding to a Fianna Fáil motion for variable mortgage interest rates.'

This is probably a record for an Irish Government and surely there will be many more to come!petunia

Two more Dáil defeats brings Government losses to six
Any idea on how to make them lose six TD's? Time for the rotten FF owned FG government to go I say!

New Threads

Most Replies