The government should be getting more credit from the media and all post Article 50 triggering

sport02

Listening to comments from Donald Tusk post the triggering of Article 50 by Theresa May I was struck by the big level of importance Ireland has received.
I also remember Charlie Flanagan last summer saying he would meet every EU foreign minister to fight our cause over the border and CTA.
Enda also made it his business to stress to other leaders in the EU, just how important border/Irish issue is.

I think this government deserves credit, I'm not seeing much it from the media.

If you remember the last big issue in europe for us, it was the bailout, and we had Fianna Fáil gone awol, reports our reputation in tatters in euroep over Fianna Fáil ministers not turning up.

Enda and his government derseve some applause.

redneck

Unfortunately for the present FG government they have left this issue too late. Minister Flanagan has only recently come around to the view of "Ireland" as an semi- independent entity. For most of his political life he actively opposed Irish Nationalism eg Northern issues.
It is too late now.
Brexit has been triggered.

commonman

Eu did not give a fucck about us when the banks went down and the government done what they were told to do , like they will do on this brexit.

truthandjustice

What a strange place Ireland is now in, our friends and closest neighbours are leaving the toxic EU and instead of acting like a sovereign independent country Ireland would rather continue to give up her border controls, tax affairs fisheries and budgeting powers to Germany. Ireland could be a rich prosperous nation without the EU. I believe in Ireland but I have no faith in our leaders as they betray our children's futures to unrestricted mass immigration from the EU and also it seems to illegal immigration from North Africa that the EU will heap upon us with the threat of financial penalties if we refuse. What a manufactured housing crisis we live in. A joke of a "country". :cool:

darkhorse

Listening to comments from Donald Tusk post the triggering of Article 50 by Theresa May I was struck by the big level of importance Ireland has received.
I also remember Charlie Flanagan last summer saying he would meet every EU foreign minister to fight our cause over the border and CTA.
Enda also made it his business to stress to other leaders in the EU, just how important border/Irish issue is.

I think this government deserves credit, I'm not seeing much it from the media.

If you remember the last big issue in europe for us, it was the bailout, and we had Fianna Fáil gone awol, reports our reputation in tatters in euroep over Fianna Fáil ministers not turning up.

Enda and his government derseve some applause.

Absolutely
But why would they not?
We are a rightful part of the EU and deserve that loyalty - regardless of who is Taoiseach
It's not like we are part of a shítty Union such as the UK who forbid their constituent nations the right to self determination

niall78

Eu did not give a fucck about us when the banks went down and the government done what they were told to do , like they will do on this brexit.
The EU lent us countless billions of Euro to soften the blow of FF's absolute mismanagement of our country instead of letting our economy completely collapse.

Detail where we would be now if we hadn't got this emergency liquidity? Are you stupid enough to believe the economy would have recovered as if by magic if only for the billions the pesky EU lent us?

Last edited:

GDPR

Absolutely
But why would they not?
We are a rightful part of the EU and deserve that loyalty - regardless of who is Taoiseach
It's not like we are part of a shítty Union such as the UK who forbid their constituent nations the right to self determination
Indeed.

How could you take seriously a Union which denies the right to its member countries to vote on the Union but at the same time exits from another Union based on the votes of just one constituent member of that Union?

And not even a landslide - 48% to 52%.

Democracy, my ass.

sport02

The government has delivered.
For so long we heard Michael Martin whine about the government not having a specific Brexit minister.
But just look at what Fine Gael has delivered compared to Cowan and Martin under our bailout from the last EU crisis facing Ireland.

Credit where credit is due.
Enda and the government has delivered.

truthandjustice

Indeed.

How could you take seriously a Union which denies the right to its member countries to vote on the Union but at the same time exits from another Union based on the votes of just one constituent member of that Union?

And not even a landslide - 48% to 52%.

Democracy, my ass.
Did Scotland have an in out referendum recently? Why do you lie?

Lúidín

We don't even have control over our water policy in the failing European Union or our finances or our border.

LadyLou

The government has delivered.
For so long we heard Michael Martin whine about the government not having a specific Brexit minister.
But just look at what Fine Gael has delivered compared to Cowan and Martin under our bailout from the last EU crisis facing Ireland.

Enda and the government has delivered.

On P.ie, my friend? You expect posters to give credit to the Government? Not in this millennium!

redmonite

There will be no credit from the media, we now live in an age where the media treat any one in power or who has to make a judgement call as incompetent, corrupt or in it for themselves.
A few weeks ago Chris Donahoe on newstalk talked about the unemployment rate, it dipped below 7% and what was his response? " Well done the listeners" which would be fair enough if when unemployment was 15% he told his listeners to get up off their backsides and get a job.
The media will allow anyone who kicks against authority a free ride , look at how they blew up the "Nama shredding notes" b**s** . Eventually noone will want to go into public service.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies