• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Gravy Train Rolls On Under FG.

Fr.Ted Crilly

With all the talk of the excesses of FFail before we fired them and then the constant digs at Pearse Doherty about his travel expenses recently, I wonder can any of the FG lot on here defend this 'John O'Donohue' type of travel expenses claimed by one of their own?

It seems the FG noses are as deep in the trough as any of the FFailures ever were.

MCGINLEY SAYS BULK OF TRAVEL COSTS WERE FOR HIS TWO DRIVERS | Donegal Daily

I especially love his defence where he says earlier reports of the figure being €129k were wrong and it was actually nearer to €118k.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

hammer

With all the talk of the excesses of FFail before we fired them and then the constant digs at Pearse Doherty about his travel expenses recently, I wonder can any of the FG lot on here defend this 'John O'Donohue' type of travel expenses claimed by one of their own?

It seems the FG noses are as deep in the trough as any of the FFailures ever were.

I especially love his defence where he says earlier reports of the figure being €129k were wrong and it was actually nearer to €118k.

Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civil.

hammer

Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civie.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civil.
This guy has 2 civil drivers!

Ryan Tubbs

This guy has 2 civil drivers!
Two who job-share, so one full post. (Obviously one man couldn't do the job 7 days a week due to legal limits on driving for a living)

Ministers travel a lot, all the time, 7 days a week. Expecting them to drive themselves is criminal and dangerous. Especially someone like Dinny McGinley, who lives a huge distance away from Dublin and is in a Ministry which brings him to the farthest reaches of the country on a regular basis.

tigerben

Is it any wonder that they will do anything to protect "their seat". How do most of ye get into work, even with a long commute . Do you get a allowance or extra wages to cover the commute, can you do a work placement scheme that some one can claim a extra €50 and be your driver? Do you when you clock into work get turning up money? Do you get a allowance to get your clothes washed?
Every one who ran and got elected knew where the Dàil was, why all the expenses for a job they acually ran for election for, and say in the first interview alway, not in it for the money, I want to make a difference!

blokesbloke

HOW MUCH?! Jaysus!

ned green

These guys have no scruples,they are living high on the hog,totally indifferent to the suffering and devestation they are inflicting on ordinary people,once their insatiable appetites for excessive saleries and over inflated expenses.are satisified.If our fiscal rectitude government were anyway interested in introducing some sort of equality and fairness into their austerity and cuts agenda,they should start by making it mandatory for all Oireachteas members to use public transport.

Sync

Ministers

The highest transport costs per individual related to the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, with an average cost of €126,414 each for the Minister, Jimmy Deenihan, who lives in Kerry, and Minister of State for the Gaeltacht, Dinny McGinley, who lives in Donegal. Transport costs relating to Minister of Finance Michael Noonan were just under €124,000 last year.
The numbers are all insanely high, but are these just domestic? If so, how the hell is Noonan on the same costing as the 2 form Ballygobackwards?

Fr.Ted Crilly

If the guy claims that €25k or so were for his own 'milage and other costs',does this mean that he pays 2 part time drivers €40k+ per annum?

cabledude

Its still cheaper than providing 2 Gardaí for Ministers as chauffeurs.

constitutionus

who the fup is driving em, micheal schumacher ?

:D

i'd like to say im surprised but FG being the second cheek of the FF arse is no shock.

expect some FG shill to come along and defend it hillariously though !

Fr.Ted Crilly

How much does it cost €€€€ Bertie to provide his own transport :)
That pr1ck can well afford it considering his pension of almost €150k PA, plus the money he makes from after dinner speeches in Nigeria on how to run, yes I said run not ruin, an economy.

hammer

That pr1ck can well afford it considering his pension of almost €150k PA, plus the money he makes from after dinner speeches in Nigeria on how to run, yes I said run not ruin, an economy.
Well at least FG put an end to some of his 'costs'....the little !!!!!!!