The Great Employment Robbery We Face Jobfit the new Agency ..Another FAS jobs Scam??

cedissapointed

Job Fit is another FAS jobs scam stealing jobs from the community & returning nothing,i have been first witness to this,as a ce worker,and have read countless reports in newspapers,on news bulletins,and threads all over the internet also.FAS have been responsible for robbing the community(the unemployed they proport to help) of full time paid tax returnable jobs for years,while draining one billion out of our community,they have no respect for any community they enter and provide their own brand of employment which sucks what could have been full time jobs out of the community.Further consigning those on the poverty line to a lifetime of further poverty.They have had a system in place whereby,if you got hired as an apprentice or a ce worker,you would not be put in a position of employment,yet they reffered to themselves an employment agency.FAS (or faux jobs) had a habit of replacing full time posts with free labour posts,why do multi national businesses and local businesses need subsidising from agnecies like FAS and JOBFIT,obviously you could argue that this is cost effective for the company involved,but how is this cost effective for the government,if thier is no tax returns?
Not one FAS graduate has been employed since the set up of this FAS training Not one graduate of €39m Fás scheme employed | Irish Examiner
We have all heard the odd story here and there about FAS missappropriation,and about the NASA project,they even were paying for british recruitment agencies for the army..And not a word was uttered about this in RTE until it was too late,there are many ce workers all over ireland who have not had employment since doing a FAS course and with many employers being skeptical of taking on FAS workers.What difference will JOBFIT have??If it is basically the EXACT SAME STRUCTURE AS OUR LAST EMPLOYMENT AGENCY - FREE LABOUR ,POLITICAL LOBBYISTS AND OF COURSE THE HANGERS ON WHO COME WITH THAT DECREPID VAMPIRE SEMI STATE WHICH ONLY CONCERNS ITSELF WITH ITS OWN PARASITIC SURVIVAL.
http://www.indymedia.ie/article/90107

Job fit is basically a similiar scam,the central idea is that they provide free labour,to whatever business might be interested in their services,and approach them.They got funded 32 million by our government this year for 12,000 welfare recipients.http://jobfit.ie/

Here is a breakdown of what you get..

You can get from one day and a limit,of up to four weeks ''job placement''.

The company involved with jobfit don't pay you a penny, and are under no obligation to hire you, even if a post becomes available..

This year, job fit also got extra funding a couple of mill, whats another couple of mill in a country that is JOBLESS and in DEBT?

They have had their job fit 'oppurtunities' AD campaign on the most expensive irish television station , yes you guessed it.. radio telifis eireann..

How can our government provide jobs for the community when they are letting agencies like FAS and JOBFIT steal what could have been a full time paid job for our nation which makes up millions,isn't it time we invested in the real people of ireland who can pay prsi in their droves as opposed to hiring yet another vampire semi state agency..

And isn't angela kearns the head of all this new outfit,paid enough euro?

Someone needs to tell her to stop hagging up the jobs scene..

This is exactly whats wrong with our country she can have two jobs,but there are some out there who do not even have one.

Why do our government persist on consigning people on the poverty line into further poverty and on letting agenices like this drain public funds and deliver very little in return other than pad their own c.v and of course wallet...I hear as you get richer your desire for more money becomes even more ravenous..

If you did the numbers you would be better off having all this agency rubbish cut loose.
http://www.indymedia.ie/article/97583

Fine Gael is on the board of JOBFIT,soon to be lobbying their interests if they get elected,as these FGers have jobs in linked organisations.

What will change in government with semi state agencies like these draining funds of our government,and on the other hand providing no paid tax returnable employment,the only difference is that FINE GAEL is on the board of a SIMILIAR ''employment agency'',which i would prefer to call a free labour agency JOBFIT..What will change?:eek:

I would like to see if anybody else has any thoughts and or opinions or anything significant to add in relation to this thread,and please stick to the point of the thread. :roll:

Last edited:

JobFit is for:
People who have been in receipt of social welfare payment for three months plus and are qualified to Junior Cert. or below. You may qualify to retain your social welfare payment while on the Jobfit programme. Contact your local Social Welfare Office for further details

Is it for you?

So stuff all for educated people then. Knowledge economy LOL.

new politics

I get very nervous when the government try to run anything!!!!!

this is a quango.

why not have the developers who owe us billions do public works for free using people from the dole once a week?

Pay the people on the dole €50 extra and we can get much needed developments done for a fraction of the costs.

WE OWN NAMA DEVELOPERS!!!!

GET THEM TO WORK.

WE HAVE A LABOUR FORCE EAGER TO DO SOMETHING!!!

Great train robbery :d

On the grapevine they have been saying JOBFIT will be rolling out thier unemployment services to other age groups,in the near future.Jobfit and Fine Gael to replace FF buffons and FAS perhaps? :D

Expose the lot of them

Jobfit is funded under the Labour Activation programme, the company that got the contract is a TBG Learning (TBG Learning -) a UK company connected to Rehab. The programme is limited to People who have been in receipt of social welfare payment for three months plus and are qualified to Junior Cert. or below. It is funded until March 2011 (I think) but rumour has it that the funding will be extended - could very well be the FAS replacement.

From their website "JobFit is a 13 week, full time programme that includes employability training, work placements and vocational training.

It offers all participants the opportunity to achieve FETAC level 3 Preparation for Work and level 3 Work Orientation qualifications."

How it takes 13 weeks full time to deliver two FETAC level 3 programmes is beyond me - have a look at http://www.fetac.ie/doc/WelcomeServlet?DocId=0901df9e800027b3. Now how this actually provides anyone with any realisic training for work is beyond me, when you strip out the nonsense, this what the participants "learn"

Candidates must achieve all of the following Specific Learning
Outcomes:
1 Distinguish between different ways of working.
2 Carry out a survey about different types of work and working
life.
3 Identify some ideal qualities of employers and employees.
4 Identify possible sources of work in the locality.
5 Determine his/her own personal strengths and weaknesses which
are relevant to working life.
6 Identify possible careers that would suit his/her own skills,
qualities and interests.
7 Make an application, real or simulated, for a job suitable to
his/her own interests and capabilities.
8 Take part in a simulated interview for a chosen job.

and it gets better

Some Assessors may encourage candidates to complete their
own Marking Sheets. This is acceptable provided that their
accuracy is verified and guaranteed by the Assessor.

Ah the great FAS scam.

More people, with more worthless "qualifications" and no skills transfer.

cedissapointed

Unfortunately for some ''FAS graduates'' myself included,are almost shooed away from an interview room if some employers hear about ''FAS'' experience,they immediately make up their mind they are not going to hire you.I understand there are people out there who have fallen on hard times who want to get experience, but it could be to their detriment,it's quite sad and i kinda feel bad for the new ones,because FAS have even hired ex cons on some of their ''workplacements'',there were some situations at the place i worked at,where some ce workers were fired,and proper procedure had not been followed,i narrowly escaped that centre without being fired,by a supervisor on a power trip..And that supervisor in question,got the job because her mother held a more senior position in dublin's head office..I went to complain about certain inequalities there at that centre and was ignored completely by FAS,they absolved themselves of all responsibilities,and sent me a generic letter 2 weeks later,stating it was not withing their remit to investigate this FAS supervisor,as they said she was not a direct employee of FAS,yet this supervisor in question,is on the FAS payroll.
Quangos like this are open to abuse at the bottom as well as the top,typically by people who have no previous work experience,before she got landed this role in FAS,she was a welfare merchant with 8+ children(this was when having each child got you a welfare allowance)..

asknoquestions

FÁS was good back in the 90s, they responded to what the multinationals told them they wanted. Problem is, they haven't updated their skills offering. They should have been offering language skills over the past few years because this is one area where Ireland is lacking. 70% of Google's workforce in Ireland are non-nationals because Irish people lack the language skills.

idle tim

Job Fit is another FAS jobs scam stealing jobs from the community & returning nothing,i have been first witness to this,as a ce worker,and have read countless reports in newspapers,on news bulletins,and threads all over the internet also.FAS have been responsible for robbing the community(the unemployed they proport to help) of full time paid tax returnable jobs for years,while draining one billion out of our community,they have no respect for any community they enter and provide their own brand of employment which sucks what could have been full time jobs out of the community.Further consigning those on the poverty line to a lifetime of further poverty.They have had a system in place whereby,if you got hired as an apprentice or a ce worker,you would not be put in a position of employment,yet they reffered to themselves an employment agency.FAS (or faux jobs) had a habit of replacing full time posts with free labour posts,why do multi national businesses and local businesses need subsidising from agnecies like FAS and JOBFIT,obviously you could argue that this is cost effective for the company involved,but how is this cost effective for the government,if thier is no tax returns?
Not one FAS graduate has been employed since the set up of this FAS training Not one graduate of €39m Fás scheme employed | Irish Examiner
We have all heard the odd story here and there about FAS missappropriation,and about the NASA project,they even were paying for british recruitment agencies for the army..And not a word was uttered about this in RTE until it was too late,there are many ce workers all over ireland who have not had employment since doing a FAS course and with many employers being skeptical of taking on FAS workers.What difference will JOBFIT have??If it is basically the EXACT SAME STRUCTURE AS OUR LAST EMPLOYMENT AGENCY - FREE LABOUR ,POLITICAL LOBBYISTS AND OF COURSE THE HANGERS ON WHO COME WITH THAT DECREPID VAMPIRE SEMI STATE WHICH ONLY CONCERNS ITSELF WITH ITS OWN PARASITIC SURVIVAL.
Fas scheme workers abused in the social economy - Indymedia Ireland

Job fit is basically a similiar scam,the central idea is that they provide free labour,to whatever business might be interested in their services,and approach them.They got funded 32 million by our government this year for 12,000 welfare recipients.http://jobfit.ie/

Here is a breakdown of what you get..

You can get from one day and a limit,of up to four weeks ''job placement''.

The company involved with jobfit don't pay you a penny, and are under no obligation to hire you, even if a post becomes available..

This year, job fit also got extra funding a couple of mill, whats another couple of mill in a country that is JOBLESS and in DEBT?

They have had their job fit 'oppurtunities' AD campaign on the most expensive irish television station , yes you guessed it.. radio telifis eireann..

How can our government provide jobs for the community when they are letting agencies like FAS and JOBFIT steal what could have been a full time paid job for our nation which makes up millions,isn't it time we invested in the real people of ireland who can pay prsi in their droves as opposed to hiring yet another vampire semi state agency..

And isn't angela kearns the head of all this new outfit,paid enough euro?

Someone needs to tell her to stop hagging up the jobs scene..

This is exactly whats wrong with our country she can have two jobs,but there are some out there who do not even have one.

Why do our government persist on consigning people on the poverty line into further poverty and on letting agenices like this drain public funds and deliver very little in return other than pad their own c.v and of course wallet...I hear as you get richer your desire for more money becomes even more ravenous..

If you did the numbers you would be better off having all this agency rubbish cut loose.
Interview of Director of 'FAS SERVICES' Paul o Toole - Indymedia Ireland

Fine Gael is on the board of JOBFIT,soon to be lobbying their interests if they get elected,as these FGers have jobs in linked organisations.

What will change in government with semi state agencies like these draining funds of our government,and on the other hand providing no paid tax returnable employment,the only difference is that FINE GAEL is on the board of a SIMILIAR ''employment agency'',which i would prefer to call a free labour agency JOBFIT..What will change?:eek:

I would like to see if anybody else has any thoughts and or opinions or anything significant to add in relation to this thread,and please stick to the point of the thread. :roll:
A couple of weeks ago i posted a comment regarding Jobfit on the Fas Rebranding thread which is in the Education and Science Forum.Since then i have spoken to a friend who is a Fas employee(not a high ranker) who informed me that his office are receiving a lot of calls from JobFit personel looking for advice and information,he basically sees them as a joke.It is my opinion that Jobfit will be in line to replace Fas come the new year.

GridLock

The whole lot of them in the DAIL are a quango,fas and jobfit may very well be one expense,but look at the other non government agencies and businesses getting funds from our government!

neutral_lurker

I'm sorry for your personal experience, there seems to be an attitude of dismissing people seen to be at the bottom, abused children, unemployed , elderly in care homes etc.What area would you like to work in, perhaps someone here can give you some pointers.

If unvouched expenses were done away with and higher paid PS had a levy applied, there would be enough maybe to give unemployed an extra 20 quid a week to do work experience.Its not much but its an incentive to work, people want to work,I completely disagree with WPP1 and 2.

Feedback should be welcomed from participants this is a major problem the scheme is to help the participant not provide jobs for unqualified cronies.Who is gonna investigate this woman then if not Fas - somebody has to deal with your complaint, can you ask them who and then post their reply up here.

BabyonCocaine

Do you know the actual cost of administration for each and every ce worker??127,000 euros,and none of the ce workers benefit from this mispending,it certainly does not treacle down to the ce workers,the facilities are unhygieniec,and eventhough working conditions are dependable on those who employ you.
With Jobfit they spent 32 million and only had 12,000 doing free non tax return labour?
The only people benefiting from this as far as i can see (certainly not the government) are TGB Network in the UK and rehab care,didnt they get 52 million for their NGO rehab care?
What the feck are they doing?

neutral_lurker

Do you know the actual cost of administration for each and every ce worker??127,000 euros,and none of the ce workers benefit from this mispending,it certainly does not treacle down to the ce workers,the facilities are unhygieniec,and eventhough working conditions are dependable on those who employ you.
With Jobfit they spent 32 million and only had 12,000 doing free non tax return labour?
The only people benefiting from this as far as i can see (certainly not the government) are TGB Network in the UK and rehab care,didnt they get 52 million for their NGO rehab care?
What the feck are they doing?
Ah there must be somebody with FF connections on that Board or something-a bit of investigative work lads if you're not working. The whole thing is pointless if people are stigmatised for taking part and less likely to get jobs as the results seem to be indicating to back up your personal experience. 127,000 euros per worker!!! do the CEworkers get extra money for being in the scheme, do the employers get any money for particaipating - how in the hell can it cost 127000??

BabyonCocaine

Taking out the initial ten grand it does actually cost 117,000,some funds go towards allocating you the ce worker,administration and management.Honestly, i couldn't quite believe it myself!And to think that people are compromising their good name going into these jobs,had got me concerned about what right they have to keep this from the public,some who are on ce schemes and fas courses,i took a look at jobfit and it is the exact same thing,free labour,i wonder what the fees are for each worker,considering they have 12,000 on them and 32 million for that jobfit scheme.I often wonder what would have happened if they let the banks burn and didnt push things beyong the sub prime stage,it is crazy how some people in media are suggesting that we are going to be in a situation of growth when we are in debt of billions and we are refusing to let the prices drop down..

They currently have both ''employment'' agencies open and they are being funded by our government in our current financial crisis (and these agencies are all about taking jobs from the community,it is what these parasites do best) - what a mess!

neutral_lurker

Taking out the initial ten grand it does actually cost 117,000,some funds go towards allocating you the ce worker,administration and management.Honestly, i couldn't quite believe it myself!And to think that people are compromising their good name going into these jobs,had got me concerned about what right they have to keep this from the public,some who are on ce schemes and fas courses,i took a look at jobfit and it is the exact same thing,free labour,i wonder what the fees are for each worker,considering they have 12,000 on them and 32 million for that jobfit scheme.I often wonder what would have happened if they let the banks burn and didnt push things beyong the sub prime stage,it is crazy how some people in media are suggesting that we are going to be in a situation of growth when we are in debt of billions and we are refusing to let the prices drop down..

They currently have both ''employment'' agencies open and they are being funded by our government in our current financial crisis (and these agencies are all about taking jobs from the community,it is what these parasites do best) - what a mess!
How is this broken down?

loner

Ah there must be somebody with FF connections on that Board or something-a bit of investigative work lads if you're not working. The whole thing is pointless if people are stigmatised for taking part and less likely to get jobs as the results seem to be indicating to back up your personal experience. 127,000 euros per worker!!! do the CEworkers get extra money for being in the scheme, do the employers get any money for particaipating - how in the hell can it cost 127000??
TGB Network seems to be an English part of the Rehab organisation and the Chief Executive of Rehab was qouted recently as a supporter of the Jobfit initiative---and why not!. Wonder has anyone else any knowledge of the project.

B

boo-boo

Scams

FAS, jobfit, careerdirections!!! They all come under the FAS umbrella in one way or another....but regardless they are still unfit for purpose....cos the same owl cronies are running the assylum!

CE schemes, I done a posting on these schemes a couple of weeks ago. Talk about cronyism! Believe me there are some projects, where their systems of financial management can be summed up in one word....fraud! Governance structures, well the office for corporate enforcement needs to focus on many of these projects...and maybe revenue should scrutinise their books for undeclared income, and that's in addition to other public bodies in the area of education that they may be interacting with and receiving funding from!

Forfas done a very interesting study a while back which reiterated my own work-based experiences....there are very few participants who ever move from CE onto open full-time employment....as I recollect the figure was in the 40% mark. From talking to participants, many are quite open about their lack of intention ever to get a job....as they put it "they'll loose all their entitlements or benefits". Then there's the issue that many of the schemes in operation are not actually relevant to the current labour market....so participants do not learn transferrable skills in sectors that may be relevant to today's labour market.

Rehab, I take it that's the same place out in Sandymount....otherwise called Rosyln college??? A relative of mine, went to these people a couple of month's ago....quite an interesting story and experience. I wont go into the specifics of the case, other than to say that maybe the courses they provide warrant a good bit of investigative journalism with focus on how they match students to the courses, how they identify each students learning needs or dont as the case is. The clincher came when I learned that they place people with physical and mental health difficulties in work placements as part of the courses they provide, and some of these work placements are in very large expensive 4 star hotels which in terms of wholesale staffing benefit compliments of Rosyln college from "free unpaid manpower". And what do the participants get out of these courses and mandatory work placements, certainly not appropriate training, manual handling or staff supervision. Some of us would call it the exploitation of our most vulnerable!!! Begs the question, what does Rosyln get out of providing hotels and other sectors with free manpower....?????

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies