The greatest danger to Ulster is Northern Ireland".

SevenStars

"From the moment that Lloyd George coined an unpronounceable, geographically incorrect, insidiously loaded name "Northern Ireland" , our ancient land was anaemic. The only way to reverse that sepsis is to call your country by its 3000 year old name, and never let across your lips that multi-syllabic, geographically absurd, amorphous and nondescript travesty. The size of Ulster has varied down the ages - as has the size of France and Switzerland, Poland and Germany. None of these countries dropped their sacred name when their area diminished. The greatest danger to Ulster is ‘Northern Ireland’."

Rev. Brett Ingram.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
"From the moment that Lloyd George coined an unpronounceable, geographically incorrect, insidiously loaded name "Northern Ireland" , our ancient land was anaemic. The only way to reverse that sepsis is to call your country by its 3000 year old name, and never let across your lips that multi-syllabic, geographically absurd, amorphous and nondescript travesty. The size of Ulster has varied down the ages - as has the size of France and Switzerland, Poland and Germany. None of these countries dropped their sacred name when their area diminished. The greatest danger to Ulster is ‘Northern Ireland’."

Rev. Brett Ingram.
Are you in the photo SevenStars ?

SevenStars

The people of Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan live in Ulster you know
Did I say they didnt?

However I would agree with him about the term Northern Ireland....I mean why be "Northern Irish" when you could be an Ulster man or an Ulster woman?

SlickWilly

Greatest danger to Ulster is that the clowns from both sides will be forced to share public services in the face of cutbacks, nobody else anywhere would tolerate these clowns, who were made for each other!

Portadown madman

Rev. Brett Ingram.
Why dont you open your front door and step out into the big world.

you seem to spend your entire boring life logged onto the internet posting utter crap like this.

centauro

Rev. Brett Ingram.
Makes a lot of sense. We did try to change the name of our wee country to Ulster a couple of times but were blocked by Westminster.

Ireland insists on calling itself Ireland despite the fact that it clearly isn't, so why shouldn't we call ourselves Ulster. Yeeeeeeooooo! :)

C

Cass

Well, you had the people of Cavan placed outrside Ulster only a few months ago .....

Nassau Senior AFAIK was the first person to differentiate and state that there were two countries, the North of Ireland and the South of Ireland.
That's what happens when immigrants don't assimilate. He's wrong though, there's two countries in the North and one in the South.

SevenStars

Makes a lot of sense. We did try to change the name of our wee country to Ulster a couple of times but were blocked by Westminster.
Are you serious? What years did this happen?

SevenStars

I know there are lies, damned lies, statistics and statistics about the north but I can across some survey recently that showed something like 15 per cent of people from an RC as compared to only 6 per cent from a Reformed background in favour of an independent Ulster which really surprised me given that all the Ulster seperatist websites and groups Ive been able to come across have all come out of Unionism.

Northern Voice

I know there are lies, damned lies, statistics and statistics about the north but I can across some survey recently that showed something like 15 per cent of people from an RC as compared to only 6 per cent from a Reformed background in favour of an independent Ulster which really surprised me given that all the Ulster seperatist websites and groups Ive been able to come across have all come out of Unionism.
Websites aren't an accurate portrayal of political thought in Northern Ireland, though. I have yet to encounter an "Ulster separatist" regardless of the amount of these websites. Websites are easy to make, a vibrant political movement isn't.

New Threads

Most Replies