• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The greatest Fianna Fail Taoisigh

jo9jo

i am interested in finding out how you rate all FF Taoisigh.

For the rating, please only consider the positive aspects of the person during their time in politics (this includes also positive achievements in various ministries).

Disregard all political scandals in your deliberations.

Here is my rating :

1 Cowen
2 DeValera
3 Lemass
4 Reynolds
5 Haughey
6 Ahern
7 Lynch

Morgellons

I can't seeing this being a very long thread.

Last edited:

ShoutingIsLeadership

I like your style, pal.

Regards, Angie.
Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, the continuation of what are broadly FF policies, has perhaps saved FF from oblivion.

Regards...pragmaticapproach.

And So I Said

For the rating, please only consider the positive aspects of the person during their time in politics (this includes also positive achievements in various ministries).

Here is my rating :
who would that leave?

Morgellons

How can Cowen be the best?

44percent

The fact that you had to say that says an awful lot. Think about that. A long long time.

Spirit Of Newgrange

Haughey, he was the most Fianna Fail of all these Fianna Failures . Every FFer wants to be like CJ.

jo9jo

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, the continuation of what are broadly FF policies, has perhaps saved FF from oblivion.

Regards...pragmaticapproach.
I agree with you and it shows the bravery of Cowen and the last administration to save the country after teh big bank on Stateside went belly up.

Without their vision, conviction and boldness there would have been no money in the ATM machines to feed the nurses, the guards or the teachers.

The bank guarantee was a work of great genius and bravery.

I do not think any other leader of FF would have taken the course that Cowen took.

This country will be a better place in 5 years and there will be reforms put in place for us to prosper again.

Regards, Endanile.

borntorum

I can never tell if the OPer is a wind-up merchant or not. Same again this time. How anyone could seriously believe that Cowen was better than Dev or Lemass is beyond me

Dame_Enda

Lemass for beginning an opening of the economy to international trade, to Unionists and (slightly) to personal freedom e.g. relaxing censorship.

Morgellons

I agree with you and it shows the bravery of Cowen and the last administration to save the country after teh big bank on Stateside went belly up.

Without their vision, conviction and boldness there would have been no money in the ATM machines to feed the nurses, the guards or the teachers.

The bank guarantee was a work of great genius and bravery.

I do not think any other leader of FF would have taken the course that Cowen took.

This country will be a better place in 5 years and there will be reforms put in place for us to prosper again.

Regards, Endanile.
Are you taking the piss or what?

im axeled

there has had been no good one during my sojourn in this wet, windy, misfortunate, crooked and greed fill isle, so making matters worse the blue hued ones are possibly worse.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I can never tell if the OPer is a wind-up merchant or not. Same again this
time. How anyone could seriously believe that Cowen was better than Dev or Lemass is beyond me
OPer is a superb troll at times (not a bad thing). Always leaves people wondering.

SPN

Here is my rating :

1 Cowen
2 DeValera
3 Lemass
4 Reynolds
5 Haughey
6 Ahern
7 Lynch
Fianna Fail is one long, past its sell by date, political scandal.

Ahern, Cowen, DeValera, Haughey and Lynch all bankrupted the Country (whilst lining the pockets of their buddies).

Don't get me started on Reynolds and the antics he got up to. (Selling Irish passports to Al Quaeda bagmen in return for investment in his offal business).

Don't know much about Lemass, but if he was so involved in the FFailure MaFFia that he could become leader of that nest of kleptocrats then he can't have been up to much.