The greatest threat to Irish democracy? SF

ger12

Mr Varadakar today declared that the political party SF was the greatest threat to Irish democracy, claiming he is not "putting out an olive branch to Sinn Féin. I think Sinn Féin remains the greatest threat to our democracy and our prosperity as a State."

He views their (SF) strong polling as a worry. Democracy being the great threat then.

“What Fine Gael under my leadership would mean by a united Ireland is uniting communities in Northern Ireland.
If I am Taoiseach I will use a huge amount of personal and professional time in Northern Ireland forging relationships within unionist communities.”"

Have ya ever heard such BS .... the next leader of FG objecting to a party that has come to the democratic table, turning away from the gun to the ballot box. A party that has been power sharing for over a decade with it's complete opposite in the North. And it's a threat to democracy :shock:

A leader promising to divide a nation ... seriously folks, is this what Ireland needs? And is this classic deflection?

http://www.thejournal.ie/varadkar-sinn-fein-3406109-May2017/
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-plan-to-rebrand-fine-gael-draws-scorn-from-coveney-1.3094610

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 17573

Mr Varadakar today declared that the political party SF was the greatest threat to Irish democracy, claiming he is not "putting out an olive branch to Sinn Féin. I think Sinn Féin remains the greatest threat to our democracy and our prosperity as a State."

He views their strong polling as a worry.

Have ya ever heard such BS .... the next leader of FG objecting to a party that has come to the democratic table, turning away from the gun to the ballot box. A party that has been power sharing for over a decade with it's complete opposite in the North. And it's a threat to democracy :shock:

A leader promising to divide a nation ... seriously folks, is this what Ireland needs? And is this classic deflection?

Leo Varadkar says Sinn Féin is "the greatest threat to our democracy"
First thing I thought when I heard this was that he was reminding us of IRA terrorism and setting it against the background of the Manchester tragedy.

Jack O Neill

Ireland certainly does not need this west brit as its leader . Luckily even if he does become one it wont last long , he will make the Noonan leadership era look like a runaway success.

mac tíre

The greatest threat to our democracy is Leo Varadakar's world view.

ger12

First thing I thought when I heard this was that he was reminding us of IRA terrorism and setting it against the background of the Manchester tragedy.
Nope.

They have too many people voting for them ... so democracy is a threat to democracy?

razorblade

All the major Irish political parties are a threat to democracy with their strong pro EU stance and love for mass immigration.

PBP voter

Ireland certainly does not need this west brit as its leader . Luckily even if he does become one it wont last long , he will make the Noonan leadership era look like a runaway success.
FF/FG/Lab/SF would have us all live in slums with ten to a room with their EU and mass movement agenda.

Buy a once off house people. Keep away from the slums.

RasherHash

He's like a whore turning on the blueshirt rhetoric trying to win this poxy leadership race.

ticketyboo

He really is an arrogant smarmy bollocks of a man.....suffering from the same delusions as May in Britain....thinks that he is untouchable....may we live to see him getting his comeuppance.
And...FG the united Ireland party....oh, sweet suffering fúck!!!!!
If you want to see behind the facade of FG, just go no further than Ogra, with their lifetime Presidency awards to Thatcher and the "let's rejoin the commonwealth".....
Bring it on, smarmy....as far as I'm concerned, you and the twin sister are traitors to the vast majority of this country's people....I'd put it as strongly as that with no qualms.....it's not my fault that the electorate can't see it....

between the bridges

Thon Leo boy seems like a sound lad, for a mexicant that is...

Jack O Neill

He really is an arrogant smarmy bollocks of a man.....suffering from the same delusions as May in Britain....thinks that he is untouchable....may we live to see him getting his comeuppance.
And...FG the united Ireland party....oh, sweet suffering fúck!!!!!
If you want to see behind the facade of FG, just go no further than Ogra, with their lifetime Presidency awards to Thatcher and the "let's rejoin the commonwealth".....
Bring it on, smarmy....as far as I'm concerned, you and the twin sister are traitors to the vast majority of this country's people....I'd put it as strongly as that with no qualms.....it's not my fault that the electorate can't see it....

This little pric is going to lead the blueshirts into oblivion . His appeal is to a certain type of west brit /d4 and some of the spin generation .Major mistake by the blueshirts in electing him .

PBP voter

Thon Leo boy seems like a sound lad, for a mexicant that is...
A lot of the IRA crowd hate him.

He is gay, he is of mixed race and he went to a protestant school.

All things that piss them off.

mac tíre

A lot of the IRA crowd hate him.

He is gay, he is of mixed race and he went to a protestant school.

All things that piss them off.
LOL. Ten minutes ago you were squealing that SF were a party of mass immigration.

FF/FG/Lab/SF would have us all live in slums with ten to a room with their EU and mass movement agenda.

Buy a once off house people. Keep away from the slums.
Have you got dementia or something?

PBP voter

LOL. Ten minutes ago you were squealing that SF were a party of mass immigration.

Have you got dementia or something?
I said the IRA crowd. Not SF. :D

TheWolf

Varadkar is playing to his crowd.
Populist bullsh1t to garner support from braindead blueshirts.

PBP voter

Varadkar is playing to his crowd.
Populist bullsh1t to garner support from braindead blueshirts.
Correct.

SF can't deal with FG anyway. Nor vise versa.

Nor can SF deal with FF/lab/Greens/Sol/PBP or the Ind all.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies