The Greeks shall inherit the earth. Or is it the IMF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 42179
  • Start date

nomahdi

Speaking of the genius Yanis what's he up to these days?
One of Yanis's better formulations (from the height of the Greek crisis 2 years ago):
"Greece is the canary in the mine."
This whole story is about the mine, not the canary (trans.: least Germanic economy of the 27).
And about the mine owners' refusal to take any responsibility.

Sweet Darling

Maybe you should read up what happened in Greece. The people voted no to the "Bailout" so the nice guys in Europe decided to cut off their money supply send them over the edge and waited until The Greeks "saw reason" .. or in english the Eu made the problem 100 times worse until the Greeks agreed to bailout the banking system .

Same thing happened here except our Feckless idiots folded much quicker than the Greeks .

There was no "Bailout" to any country just a "legitimate businessman's social club" giving a "Loan" at a "reasonable" rate ..........
Look at where we are at now, and look at the state Greece is still in now. They are a bunch of chancers who kept up the "pity me" for way to long.

publicrealm

Greece and indeed Ireland are members of the European Union.

As such they are full and equal partners in a mighty co-operative union which looks after its members.

Their partner EU countries will never allow them to suffer or be punished. That is reserved for nations who leave their loving embrace.

Therefore I have no concerns about Greece, Ireland or any other EU member at all, on any subject.

I hope this reassures you all.

Thead can be closed, unless it's kept open to discuss the perils of Brexit, a subject which is strangely almost absent on P.ie...

Hell hath no fury than a woman (somewhat past her prime) scorned.

NAPBAR

So by this logic, Greece should not have gotten its multiple bailouts and should have been allowed to collapse economically. It should also have been kicked out of the Eurozone and probably the EU too.

Harsh but I can see the logic. Fair enough.
Funny how insolvent banks received massive bailouts and zero austerity.

No one made homeless or jobless in Europes banking cesspit.

Your day is coming sham, believe me.

cytex

Look at where we are at now, and look at the state Greece is still in now. They are a bunch of chancers who kept up the "pity me" for way to long.
Think you missed my point . but anyway ..............

Tacitus

Maybe you should read up what happened in Greece. The people voted no to the "Bailout" so the nice guys in Europe decided to cut off their money supply send them over the edge and waited until The Greeks "saw reason" .. or in english the Eu made the problem 100 times worse until the Greeks agreed to bailout the banking system .

Same thing happened here except our Feckless idiots folded much quicker than the Greeks .

There was no "Bailout" to any country just a "legitimate businessman's social club" giving a "Loan" at a "reasonable" rate ..........
The Greeks did not say no to further bailouts. They said no to further austerity while still demanding further bailouts. That did not sit well with the other member states, particulary the poorer states, so they were told they would either accept austerity, or no further money would be send to them. Once the Greeks realized that they had no leverage they accepted it.

HarshBuzz

Funny how insolvent banks received massive bailouts and zero austerity.

No one made homeless or jobless in Europes banking cesspit.

Your day is coming sham, believe me.
OK. Backs away slowly and clicks 'Ignore'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies