• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The greening of Beltane

chimera

With a Spring in their step, Beltane devotees are greener and more environmental. In Scotland, it's Bhealtuinn Bhealceach " fixed in May. floods". And quite rightly so as old Belenos was the giver of springs of water and fertility in crops with his rainbow-ribbons on the "strong man" May-pole.
Across the waters, in Lebanon he was Baal of the sun, rain and springs as was "balin" the strong warrior Indra of India. His son was Balin, and in Bali Indonesia he made springs of water for healing his troops. These are ceremonially used today.
And so the legend came to Australia centuries ago before Saxons arrived to seize the whole blessed continent for some king in London. Aboriginal people have the Ring Balin = Rainig an Bailceach, a ceremony of walking in the steps of the warrior with a Sanskrit name. He was creator of the Darling river in Vedic Mahabharata style in the Belenos fire tradition with a wise old fish like the Boyne salmon. Danu the water goddess has 4 temples in Bali and there you have it.

Ren84

Er, come again?! Sounds like something lifted straight out of a Tolkien novel.

Alan Alda

Why cant we have bonfires or 'bomb fires' or 'tine cna' even, anymore?
Its political correctness gone mad.
No wonder society/community is going to the dogs.

chimera

Er, come again?! Sounds like something lifted straight out of a Tolkien novel.
Right both times! Rainig beal : "comes. lord". Ring in Sanskrit means " move. advance slowly". In Sanskritic Balinese language (Indonesia) ring : "at, with". balin "warrior".
Murrundi Ruwe Pangari Ringbalin - River Country Spirit Ceremony ..
(I can't post the website yet but you can google the heading).

Dame_Enda

Time to restore Baal to his rightful place on the Hill of Tara and shake off the Galileen madness.

Last edited:

FrankSpeaks

This thread is too intellectual for me!

chimera

It's got coloured pictures but you'll have to google, again. Here we see Celts at around
2000 years ago. maybe.. (could someone with 50 posts send the images?)

Pura Tirta Empul, the holy springs temple in - Discover Java and Bali
The holy water of Tirta empul can heal some sickness. ... Bathing serves a sacred purpose and follows a ritual of offerings, prayers and blessing. .

DuineEile

It's got coloured pictures but you'll have to google, again. Here we see Celts at around
2000 years ago. maybe.. (could someone with 50 posts send the images?)

Pura Tirta Empul, the holy springs temple in - Discover Java and Bali
The holy water of Tirta empul can heal some sickness. ... Bathing serves a sacred purpose and follows a ritual of offerings, prayers and blessing. .
I looked at your posts over on Irish Language Forum.

What exactly do you want done? Happy to help. I'm intrigued.

Like this post to get my attention to your reply, if you can give likes. And no one else like it please.

D

chimera

DuineEile
That's as good as it gets. It gave me a kick to find the connections (it must be a wiring thingy in the brain). Glad that you read the stuff and people can make of it what they will.
It's an interesting chain of common heritage reaching from Atlantic to Pacific, under the full moon and dancing in May.