• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The HSE,SIPTU and the missing 2.3 million!

spidermom

Two newspaper reports...

HSE calls in gardai over Siptu's €2m - Times Online

Siptu denies receiving HSE funds - The Irish Times - Sun, Jun 13, 2010

I know our place has instituted the skills programme, with some sucess.

But this has all the appearance of a FAS type scheme...lots of money and no accountability!

This strikes me though as another wonderful example of the HSE and their complete incompetence...how many grade 7s were involved in the administration of these funds...and how many heads will roll????

seenitallb4

Some quotes:

"HSE auditors had concerns over a series of foreign trips, airline flights, taxi journeys, meals and other expenditure over a five-year period from 2004. One source described the expenditure as looking like a “mini-Fas”, a reference to the lavish spending on foreign travel at the state training agency."

and here is the best one:
"Trade union Siptu today said it had not receive funds from either the Department of Health or the HSE for a staff training programme."

I continue to be bemused by the way the state-union-business axis manages tax payers money.

spidermom

I continue to be bemused by the way the state-union-business axis manages tax payers money.

Well you are better than me so...I'm long past "bemusement"....:(

Newsy

It certainly sounds like FAS round II. SIGH.......FFS

brughahaha

Looking at the figures in the Times 60,mill over 6 years , so on average 10 million a year just to train 2000 employees .... is that not extraordinarily expensive

I'd love to hear the details of the training involved ????

spidermom

Looking at the figures in the Times 60,mill over 6 years , so on average 10 million a year just to train 2000 employees .... is that not extraordinarily expensive

As I said it has been some sucess in my place, the unbelievable bit is who has the dosh?

Siptu says it doesn't have it!

The HSE said they do!

I know in the overall budget of the HSE this is small potatoes...but as granny used to say..if ya mind the pennys..etc??

Newsy

So would I.

brughahaha

Whats involved though,

Given it excludes wages (paid by HSE to its staff while training) a 10 mill budget for a training unit that involves 2000 per year seems exorbitant

Mind you remembering the last FAS course I was on took place in the Westbury, 3 course lunches included for 5 days nothing suprises me anymore (a warehouse on the long mile road would have sufficed our needs!!!)

seenitallb4

thebig C

Two newspaper reports...

HSE calls in gardai over Siptu's €2m - Times Online

Siptu denies receiving HSE funds - The Irish Times - Sun, Jun 13, 2010

I know our place has instituted the skills programme, with some sucess.

But this has all the appearance of a FAS type scheme...lots of money and no accountability!

This strikes me though as another wonderful example of the HSE and their complete incompetence...how many grade 7s were involved in the administration of these funds...and how many heads will roll????
Cojent points indeed Spidermom. As you work in the Health area (I think?)...I will ask you this....how many grade 7s involved in the administration of these funds are also Union bigwigs??!!!

spidermom

Cojent points indeed Spidermom. As you work in the Health area (I think?)...I will ask you this....how many grade 7s involved in the administration of these funds are also Union bigwigs??!!!
Excellent question...to which I have no answer...unfortunately!

You are right that I do work in health...and should be said am no great fan of the unions either!!

thebig C

Excellent question...to which I have no answer...unfortunately!

You are right that I do work in health...and should be said am no great fan of the unions either!!
:) You are in the same boat as my Dad then:) He maintains that the Unions and management are very intertwined and have the HSE sown up together!

Yeah, I was thinking I had seen you mention being in Health.

spidermom

:) You are in the same boat as my Dad then:) He maintains that the Unions and management are very intertwined and have the HSE sown up together!

Yeah, I was thinking I had seen you mention being in Health.
Your da a very wise Man!!!

laidback

Just thinking, Prof Niamh Brennan, regarded as leading iIish expert on corporate governance - and made chair of DDA for that expertise and to sort that organisation out - has been on the Board of the HSE for several years - and this waste/lack of accountability etc has gone on since 2004...

How could it be that apparently so much money has been spent and is unaccounted for......with such an expert on the HSE board?

DCon

If you take out the 5 million consulting fee paid to Bert E A'Hern training and consultancy services, it does not look too bad

hammer

You may need to check who was signing the cheques :)

Accountability = NIL. Might put someone on paid leave. Happy Days :)

Its only €2.3 million
We seem to have no problem giving INBS €2,700 MILLION