The IMF's walk, an exercise in media management

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The imf showed they owned Dublln today. The 3 senior guys took the scenic route on foot , sendind their 8 minions ahead in people carriers. After leaving Finance, their carefully chosen route went by Anglo HQ, several slowdowns when they met beggars, a stop at SGSC and a slow saunter down Grafton St. The media were so well tipped off that they'd even pooled resources at the Central Bank.

Simple but effective, even this contrasts with FF, what do posters think of the media effort ?

Also do you noticed how much the 'swagger' annoyed the Government ?

TonyBird

Its all a wonderful 'orchestration' .
A masterful piece of choreography .
Even the 'oppossition' have been trained to sing on cue .

'orebel

I do noticed that, but where's Dublln.
Get some sleep cyp

delaad

There is a helipad atop govt buildings, am I right in saying? Courtesy of one CJ Haughey?

Could be a nice setting for the EU's equivalent of the last flight outta Saigon!

Mind you, we could offer to keep the lights on in the IFSC for any 12.5% corpo tax claiming, outlying mittel europ bank,...if they felt the need to stay around.

ocoonassa

punchdrunk

The imf showed they owned Dublln today. The 3 senior guys took the scenic route on foot , sendind their 8 minions ahead in people carriers. After leaving Finance, their carefully chosen route went by Anglo HQ, several slowdowns when they met beggars, a stop at SGSC and a slow saunter down Grafton St. The media were so well tipped off that they'd even pooled resources at the Central Bank.

Simple but effective, even this contrasts with FF, what do posters think of the media effort ?

Maybe the threat of a default might be in order. Default on all the debts. Would create panic I should think. Just might soften their cough???????????

Holy Cow

A government still in bed with a hangover?

At least the IMF people can get up and walk to work, unlike somebody who gets up pissed out of his head and confuses the good friday agreement with the crook park fraud.

Fair play to the IMF, heading to work like the rest of us.

eoghanacht

Fair play to the IMF, heading to work like the rest of us.
Now minister can you explain why each cabinent minister past and present has a chauffer drievn merc when we can stroll from gov bulidings to our lodgings......... and as for the gov jet.............muwahhahaha.

eoghanacht

Maybe the threat of a default might be in order. Default on all the debts. Would create panic I should think. Just might soften their cough???????????
'soften their cough' cop on they'll get a big stick and beat the head of us so hard it'd make a christian bro blush

Holy Cow

Now minister can you explain why each cabinent minister past and present has a chauffer drievn merc when we can stroll from gov bulidings to our lodgings......... and as for the gov jet.............muwahhahaha.
Well, at the time that FF ministers need Garda protection most, the IMF will be taking it away.

These traitors are going to get exactly what they deserve.

Mushroom

T

here is a helipad atop govt buildings, am I right in saying? Courtesy of one CJ Haughey?

There is indeed, it's on top of Ag. House. However I understand that it cannot be used - due to updraughts or downdraughts or lobbying from the Shelbourne Hotel or somesuch.

delaad

With all due respects, it's gone a little bit beyond TD's expenses.

They're no mugs; they were just trying to get a picture of how you were dressed, how much shopping was going on, how calm the place was. To get a bit of reality behind the statistics.

eoghanacht

With all due respects, it's gone a little bit beyond TD's expenses.

They're no mugs; they were just trying to get a picture of how you were dressed, how much shopping was going on, how calm the place was. To get a bit of reality behind the statistics.
I'd say that the needed a bit of fresh air after the meeting where they just scratched the surface of the monumetal task ahead of them.

delaad

I'd say that the needed a bit of fresh air after the meeting where they just scratched the surface of the monumetal task ahead of them.
Fair dues. Chances are these guys wont have a clue what's going on here. In fact the more civil servants they meet, the more confused they're going to get.

Dillinger

And don't forget all the on duty Gardai scratching their swiss waiting on these ministers. But of course, they are only there to make sure the car comes back.

TonyBird

Fair dues. Chances are these guys wont have a clue what's going on here. In fact the more civil servants they meet, the more confused they're going to get.
and then...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybhroG408SU]YouTube - Apres Match - Tonight with Vincent Browne[/ame]

Bobs yer uncle !

Dillinger

That was me in my last job, when I had to deal with the HSE management everyday. I don't think I ever spoke to the same manager twice. It was like some David Copperfield magic trick from Vegas. They did all seem to act the same way though (arrogant and rude).

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies