The IRA take action against a rapist.

SevenStars

Make of this what you will but rape in general isnt taken half as seriously in our society as it should be....

SevenStars

"A RAPIST who was shot seven times in the legs and genitals in a paramilitary attack in Belfast last month has lost his genitals, after surgeons were unable to save them.

Darren Murdoch was wounded after masked men broke into a house he was staying in, in Ardoyne on the northside of the city, on November 15 and fired at his groin, abdomen and legs, striking him seven times.

The Irish News reports that though surgeons were able to save his legs, which were severely damaged, they were unable to salvage his penis and testicles. Murdoch will require permanent medical treatment for the rest of his life as a result."

Rapist loses genitals after being shot seven times · TheJournal.ie

eoghanacht

Will they be goin after Liam Adams next?

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
Good point in the comments section:

If having your house stormed by masked intruders and being shot in the balls seven times is “punishment to fit the crime,” then what’s the fitting punishment for storming someone’s house and shooting him in the balls seven times?

picador

"A RAPIST who was shot seven times in the legs and genitals in a paramilitary attack in Belfast last month has lost his genitals, after surgeons were unable to save them.

Darren Murdoch was wounded after masked men broke into a house he was staying in, in Ardoyne on the northside of the city, on November 15 and fired at his groin, abdomen and legs, striking him seven times.

The Irish News reports that though surgeons were able to save his legs, which were severely damaged, they were unable to salvage his penis and testicles. Murdoch will require permanent medical treatment for the rest of his life as a result."

Rapist loses genitals after being shot seven times · TheJournal.ie
I am sorry but this is absolutely perverted. The people who did this craved power. Rape is not too dissimilar in that sense.

Mickeymac

Good point in the comments section:

If having your house stormed by masked intruders and being shot in the balls seven times is “punishment to fit the crime,” then what’s the fitting punishment for storming someone’s house and shooting him in the balls seven times?

The punishment you described sir is quite lenient especially if the intruders raped your wife and children....end of.

Cato

Make of this what you will but rape in general isnt taken half as seriously in our society as it should be....
I agree that rape isn't taken seriously enough but I could not condone an action like this. In a civilized society the rule of law must be upheld.

Mickeymac

Presumably 'the IRA' did this to increase its appeal to the intelligence-disadvantaged.

I pray sir that such events will never happen to you or your family, you sound like one of those dopes who think 'that won't happen to me, that sort of stuff only happens in the projects'

Tedkins

I agree that rape isn't taken seriously enough but I could not condone an action like this. In a civilized society the rule of law must be upheld.
In full agreement with Cato and also with Ifor Bach, yes another act of vigilante barbarism from a paramilitary organsation.

Mick's apologism for the crime speaks volumes and its good of him to out himself as a supporter of such dissident crimes after of weasal words of support for Sinn Fein previously. Clearly a very mixed up and confused individual.

SevenStars

Id agree...But Im not sure Ireland can be called a civilized society.

Tedkins

Id agree...But Im not sure Ireland can be called a civilized society.
I would call it a civilised society with uncivilised people in it, people such as those who carried out this attack and others who seek to justify it.

Thankfully they are outweighed by the majority though, I'd be quite confident of that.

SevenStars

I would call it a civilised society with uncivilised people in it, people such as those who carried out this attack and others who seek to justify it.
Uh.....Crap...Off the top of my head the figure given by the Rape Crisis Centre for the percentage of women and girls who have been raped or seriously sexually abused in the Free State is 18 per cent (if memory serves me right its about the same or not higher for the "UK")....However of all the cases of rape or sexual abuse that I know of that have taken place here only one girl went to the Rape Crisis Centre, and none of these cases were reported to the police...So the figure is probably a lot higher. Working class Republican areas where the insurgents have a strong presence are one of the few places in Ireland where women and girls are actually safe...And if it means occasional brutal acts such as this to keep it that way than Im okay with it.

Tedkins

Uh.....Crap...Off the top of my head the figure given by the Rape Crisis Centre for the percentage of women and girls who have been raped or seriously sexually abused in the Free State is 18 per cent (if memory serves me right its about the same or not higher for the "UK")....However of all the cases of rape or sexual abuse that I know of that have taken place here only one girl went to the Rape Crisis Centre, and none of these cases were reported to the police...So the figure is probably a lot higher. Working class Republican areas where the insurgents have a strong presence are one of the few places in Ireland where women and girls are actually safe...And if it means occasional brutal acts such as this to keep it that way than Im okay with it.
I agree that rape conviction rates are not good enough, but I can think of better wasy of dealing with that off the top of my head through reforming how the criminal justice system deals with it.

Paramilitary vigilatism is an uncivilised response. Its a vicious cycle of violence which doesn't deal with the problem. Yes, thought processes such as your own would make Ireland an uncivilised society, but as you quite rightly point out rape is not unique to Ireland so it is not rape that makes Ireland any more uncivilised than anywhere else, it is the response that you advocate to it. Thankfully you're in a minority, I believe the majority are much more civilised that you, and that can be seen through the reaction of elected representatives to this dissident act of barbarism which you seek to justify, making you, quite frankly, every bit as uncivilised as those who carried it out.

Wee Buns

and when they get it wrong and shoot an innocent, then that would be an Oops instead of an, "I'm okay with it"?

Tedkins

and when they get it wrong and shoot an innocent, then that would be an Oops instead of an, "I'm okay with it"?
No doubt Seven Stars will be outside the home of a paediatrician near you demanding "JUSTICE".

SevenStars

I agree that rape conviction rates are not good enough, but I can think of better wasy of dealing with that off the top of my head through reforming how the criminal justice system deals with it.
My point was about reporting and not convicting and the huge amount of women who have suffered rape or serious sexual abuse in this country which often has horrendous long term effects on their life...Even when convictions happen when something like this actually comes to court the sentences tend to be very lenient given the crime. So sorry....Im more concerned with the right of females to go through life without suffering that kind of crap than your middle class sensibilities.

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
My point was about reporting and not convicting and the huge amount of women who have suffered rape or serious sexual abuse in this country which often has horrendous long term effects on their life...Even when convictions happen when something like this actually comes to court the sentences tend to be very lenient given the crime. So sorry....Im more concerned with the right of females to go through life without suffering that kind of crap than your middle class sensibilities.
8 years isn't 'lenient'.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies