The Irish Daily Star to give away a free deck of Cards tomorrow

Iarmhi Gael

With every newspaper. NOTE* Sorry they are not free - They cost €1 with a coupon you will get in the paper

The Deck of Cards is of "W*nker Bankers" & "Rogue Politicans"

Collectors piece imo

John Hurley is one of the Jokers
Sean Fitzpatrick is Ace of hearts

Last edited:

jmcc

Death cards like Iraq and Vietnam? Interesting marketing idea though.

Regards...jmcc

flavirostris

The BBC radio 4 Newscaster could not repeat the recent headline ( "Useless Gobsh*tes" ) the other day.

H.R. Haldeman

The interview Ger Colleran has just done with Sean O'Rourke was hilarious. When O'Rourke asked him how many papers he was hoping to sell tomorrow he answered - we're talking about several billion. lolz all round. Red-top vulgarity is not usually my cup of tea, but serious kudos to the Star for not giving a toss about convention and expressing what so many people are thinking.

justme1

The interview Ger Colleran has just done with Sean O'Rourke was hilarious. When O'Rourke asked him how many papers he was hoping to sell tomorrow he answered - we're talking about several billion. lolz all round. Red-top vulgarity is not usually my cup of tea, but serious kudos to the Star for not giving a toss about convention and expressing what so many people are thinking.
Well said H.R.,couldn't agree with you more.

theObserver@hotmail.com

Tabloids like The Sun and The Star are hammering ireland, or Direland as they call us, on the other side of the ocean. Avoid them.

Last edited:

Oldira1

Will Dermot Gleeson be one? Chairman of AIB from 2003 and yet gets a very easy ride from the media and opposition?

I wonder why?

FakeViking

I loved the way SO'R had to try and claim to be impartial, while defending his beloved FFers.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
The Star are calling them "Celtic Tiger Crash" cards, they've sent Politics.ie the four aces which ill get up here asap.

One thing the Star have asked me to point out. They're not included in tomorrow's paper itself, the paper tomorrow includes a coupon with which you can send away for the cards for EUR1 post and packaging.

Arracht

The Star are calling them "Celtic Tiger Crash" cards, they've sent Politics.ie the four aces which ill get up here asap.

One thing the Star have asked me to point out. They're not included in tomorrow's paper itself, the paper tomorrow includes a coupon with which you can send away for the cards for EUR1 post and packaging.
€1 P&P?! :mad:

Someone should tell the money grabbing hacks that there is a recession on!

Trophonius

Tabloids like The Sun and The Star are hammering ireland, or Direland as they call us, on the other side of the ocean. Avoid them.
I believe that the Irish Daily Star is a total and complete seperate entity from the Daily Star in England. On the Sun however you are correct.

king5494

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
what will that b***ocks Ahern be ?

They'd make great dartboard targets.. b'stards

Inda Kenny

Will the ex financial regulator be on them?
Card playing will be back in fashion in the candle light shortly

Éireann go Brách

Just in case anyone does not know and/or recall about where this idea comes from

Most-wanted Iraqi playing cards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 2003 invasion of Iraq by a United States-led coalition, the U.S. military developed a set of playing cards to help troops identify the most-wanted members of President Saddam Hussein's government, mostly high-ranking Baath Party members or members of the Revolutionary Command Council. The cards were officially named the "personality identification playing cards".

polarbear

Is it just me or are our collective media types running around hysterically waving their hands in the air, spouting bollox about things they know nothing about. Ranting away completely out of control., showing that for the most part they're a pretty thick and poorly educated bunch. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of our Government, and I think our banking sector is in crisis. But for the love of God could we hear/ read about something else. When you hear the likes of Ray D'Arcy or the Irish Daily Star commenting on politics/ economics you realise how ridiculous this has all become....

New Threads

Most Replies