The Irish People don't want an Election?

Fullforward

How many times in the last few weeks have we heard the comment "The Irish People don't want an Election" from Fianna Fail and Fine Gael TD's?

What does it ACTUALLY mean when they say that?

Are they trying to say that your average John and Mary are hiding under the bedsheets in fear of facing the painful 10 minute pilgrimage to the Polling station?

I believe that after decades of exercising effective total control over the finances and affairs of the state both FF and FG have realised that with the Shinners, Indos and others having the number of seats that they have means no more majority Governments for the FF and FG gangs and ergo their corrupt backers are no longer ensured their guaranteed "Return on Investment" for the money they normally stump up for Elections.

Too many Shinners, Indos and others on Councils also ensure that the previous days of planning corruption are also at an end, THAT is what they mean when they say "The Irish People don't want an Election".

Boy M5

I want an election.
I want Kärcher FG out of government before they wreck the place totally and their supineness screws us totally over Brexit.
I want the Gardaí reformed and I want a full scale investigation into Denis O'Brien.

I want Vlad experiencing the reality of what he didn't do has on fellow citizens and what the reality of his economic beliefs really results in for the individual.

blokesbloke

Of course the Irish people want an election.

They want to elect Joan Burton as Taoiseach, having realised their grave error last time.

niall78

FF propping up a FG government of visa versa would be politically impossible after another election. It will be a case of coalition for the two cheeks of the same arse.

This is why one isn't wanted by FG, FF or their cheerleaders in the media. Hence the Orwellian - 'the Irish People don't want an Election'.

bokuden

Of course the Irish people want an election. Fg and ff are just lying scumbags. You can't believe a word they say anymore.

bokuden

I want an election.
I want Kärcher FG out of government before they wreck the place totally and their supineness screws us totally over Brexit.
I want the Gardaí reformed and I want a full scale investigation into Denis O'Brien.

I want Vlad experiencing the reality of what he didn't do has on fellow citizens and what the reality of his economic beliefs really results in for the individual.
Varadker is pure scum. He was announcing an extension to the CE schemes, and he still had to get thr fg boot in. He said "let's face it, people on CE schemes aren't able for a proper job. "

Catalpast

How many times in the last few weeks have we heard the comment "The Irish People don't want an Election" from Fianna Fail and Fine Gael TD's?

Are they trying to say that your average John and Mary are hiding under the bedsheets in fear of facing the painful 10 minute pilgrimage to the Polling station?

I believe that after decades of exercising effective total control over the finances and affairs of the state both FF and FG have realised that with the Shinners, Indos and others having the number of seats that they have means no more majority Governments for the FF and FG gangs and ergo their corrupt backers are no longer ensured their guaranteed "Return on Investment" for the money they normally stump up for Elections.

Too many Shinners, Indos and others on Councils also ensure that the previous days of planning corruption are also at an end, THAT is what they mean when they say "The Irish People don't want an Election".
Too many Shinners, Indos and others on Councils also ensure that the previous days of planning corruption are also at an end,

You take the pizz surely?:p

Henry94.

If there is any doubt in their minds about how we feel about water charges then we need an election to make it clear. Not to mention the unbelievable situation in the Gardai which thus government had simply failed to address properly.

Realistically I don't think the C&S arrangement should survive an FG leadership change. Neither Leo nor Simon have the stature to govern without a fresh mandate. Leo's ideas are well to the right of the country and his solo run on the GFA was a disaster.

Simon is even more of an errand boy than Enda. Fianna Fail surely can't impose either of them on the country for long. In the end the junior partner suffers when people want a change and the junior partner stands in the way. FF are the junior partner in reality and if they get the timing wrong because of Michael Martin's natural timidity then they will get hammered.

TheWolf

Of course the Irish people want an election.

They want to elect Joan Burton as Taoiseach, having realised their grave error last time.
Eh, no they don't.
Her constant screeching and haranguing would drive people away from our fair land.

Jack O Neill

Varadker is pure scum. He was announcing an extension to the CE schemes, and he still had to get thr fg boot in. He said "let's face it, people on CE schemes aren't able for a proper job. "
The reality for that half breed is that hes not fit for the job he wants and he wont be getting it.

GDPR

Partly it means that they represent a lot more of the Irish people than you do and as a result probably understand & can read the public mood better.

Politicos like yourself love elections, most people hate them and resent the time they take out of their lives. Once every 4 or 5 years will do most people nicely, thanks.

Polybius

What would an election achieve? All the main parties support retaining membership of the Euro and EU. They all support mass immigration and the settlement of more Muslims in Ireland. They all support politically correct garbage such as allowing gay couples to adopt children and Travellers being declared an ethnic minority. None of them have a clue how to solve the housing crisis or the healthcare crisis. None of them have the brains or the balls to stand up to Brussels. None of them give a toss about anything other than short term political gain.

PBP voter

PBP voter

How often do you want elections?

How do we know when the people want one?

Or do we need fixed term parliaments?

TheWolf

What would an election achieve? All the main parties support retaining membership of the Euro and EU. They all support mass immigration and the settlement of more Muslims in Ireland. They all support politically correct garbage such as allowing gay couples to adopt children and Travellers being declared an ethnic minority. None of them have a clue how to solve the housing crisis or the healthcare crisis. None of them have the brains or the balls to stand up to Brussels. None of them give a toss about anything other than short term political gain.
If it means FG are returned to their default position on the opposition benches where they can inflict no further damage on our country, it'll be a good days work all round.

TheWolf

The reality for that half breed is that hes not fit for the job he wants and he wont be getting it.
Meh, FG elected the proven liar, and man with imaginary friends, Enda Kenny as their leader.
Leo would be a shoe-in.

PBP voter

Meh, FG elected the proven liar, and man with imaginary friends, Enda Kenny as their leader.
Leo would be a shoe-in.
Why didnt you retrain when you lost your job?

Loads of work now.

I guess it must be hard to explain why you have done nothing for years. Nobody will bother with you now. :(

TheWolf

Why didnt you retrain when you lost your job?

Loads of work now.

I guess it must be hard to explain why you have done nothing for years. Nobody will bother with you now. :(
Run along, little boy.
Go finish (or start) your education.

OldHat

I love elections, every 6 months would be great.
Most people I meet absolutely abhor them, the whole canvassing, posters, speeching etc. and don't want one at the moment.
People on here want an election as long as the result favours their lot.

Plebian

I'd say the electorate are in two minds at the moment, thinking it's a bit soon for another General Election but that they'd love to give FG a kicking over things like the Gardaí.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies