The Irish Times: The Paper of Misandry

ShoutingIsLeadership

Cellachán Chaisil

Isn't it meant to be ironic?

Outlaw101

That list is pathetic.

There has to be better looking male politicians out there.

Mushroom

Prester Jim

A remarkable article on the website of the newspaper which likes to see itself as better than red-tops.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/justin-trudeau-and-nine-other-hot-politicians-1.3141742?mode=amp

It lists and discusses ten hot male politicians.

"Justin Trudeau and nine other hot politicians...is he the most lusted-after modern leader?"

Imagine the uproar if there was an equally sexist article about female politicians.

Should I hold my breath waiting for an outcry?
Yeah, the article doesn't bother me in the least but the hypocrisy of the IT publishing it is stunning.
Equality of treatment should mean equality of treatment.

GDPR

A remarkable article on the website of the newspaper which likes to see itself as better than red-tops.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/justin-trudeau-and-nine-other-hot-politicians-1.3141742?mode=amp

"Justin Trudeau and nine other hot politicians...is he the most lusted-after modern leader?"

Imagine the uproar if there was an equally sexist article about female politicians.

The Irish Times isn't the paper of anything, other than its own opinions.

Prester Jim

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
It is silly season after all.

silverharp

Certainly a double standard and might as well use silly feminist arguments against themselves. Just think happy thoughts, everyday day that goes by Irish Times readers are dying off and not being replaced :D

The article is clearly tongue-in-cheek.

When they start phwooaring in the context of their political coverage then I may get concerned.

It's all about context. I recall dimly a new Conservative cabinet being formed and the Daily Mail coverage heavily featured "thigh-skimming" etc in their description of the female appointees as they arrived at number ten. Then you have the meeting between May and Sturgeon which attracted the headline "Lexit".

Comment on the appearance of politicians happens, but shouldn't happen in the guise of "As the hunky, gravel-voiced Chancellor proceeded through the details of the budget, the house was captivated by his steely blue eyes, his gleaming white teeth and the elegantly coiffed salt and pepper hair".

The article, though, is clearly a p1sstake.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies