• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Irish Times - Weekend Prices up 2%

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

just noticed The Irish Times - Weekend edition now costs €2.30. Last time I looked a few weeks a go it was €2.25. A price increase of more than 2.2%. Well above the inflation rate and surely not the last increase we will see in 2013.

mr. jings

just noticed The Irish Times - Weekend edition now costs €2.30. Last time I looked a few weeks a go it was €2.25. A price increase of more than 2.2%. Well above the inflation rate and surely not the last increase we will see in 2013.
That's nothing compared to Dublin Bus - I got hosed by them there recently.

stopdoingstuff

Don't worry. You can get it for free online and because you get the same enjoyment, the compilers of the CPI will make a hedonic adjustment and it will show up as deflation.

davoid

Doubt if Conor Pope will be saying too much about it.

bob3367

The daily is now €2 up from €1.90.

And the feckin Crosswords are in a shyte location.

niall78

Aldi toilet paper is only €2.69 for nine rolls and is so much softer for wiping.

OCicero

Political pamphlets like IT should be free.

OCicero

Aldi toilet paper is only €2.69 for nine rolls and is so much softer for wiping.

Don't be too hard on the IT. It too was once pristine paper before it was soiled.

lying eyes

I stopped buying that paper about two years ago, so as far as I am concerned good luck to them. I just wonder how long they will last, not long me thinks........

OCicero

I stopped buying that paper about two years ago, so as far as I am concerned good luck to them. I just wonder how long they will last, not long me thinks........
The "journalists" of yesteryear are the burger-flipping hobbyist bloggers of the morrow, methinks. If they can flip burgers.

wombat

That's nothing compared to Dublin Bus - I got hosed by them there recently.
No comparison - Dublin Bus serves a useful purpose:lol:

darkhorse

They would have to charge €10 for it to cover their costs
So not bad really

Analyzer

The Irish Times makes a loss of €8 on each copy of the newspaper?
Does that put them into negative equity every time they produce a copy of the propertypaper with a news supplement ?

Could it happen to a nicer collection of spoofers ?

Ribeye

Oh no, the sheep who buy the IT are being fleeced,

Tee hee:):):)