The Irish Work/Forced to Work More than EU (15) Colleagues

General Urko

we, according to the latest research work 90 hours more per year i.e. more than 2 weeks extra relative to our old EU15 colleagues and we have more than a week less holidays on average, 20 days compared to a civilised EU old 15 average of 25.7 days.

And no doubt if you factor out outr public service lovlies who would not be subjected to American type norms or indeed any norms, it would most likely be vastly worse!

We have a lovely trade union move movement representing us in the private sector here!:mad:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-work-more-hours-and-have-fewer-holidays-than-eu-average-804172.html

This is also not factoring insane commutes as well or working at home after hours!

Spanner Island

we, according to the latest research work 90 hours more per year i.e. more than 2 weeks extra relative to our old EU15 colleagues and we have more than a week less holidays on average, 20 days compared to a civilised EU old 15 average of 25.7 days.

And no doubt if you factor out outr public service lovlies who would not be subjected to American type norms or indeed any norms, it would most likely be vastly worse!

We have a lovely trade union move movement representing us in the private sector here!:mad:

Irish work more hours and have fewer holidays than EU average | BreakingNews.ie

This is also not factoring insane commutes as well or working at home after hours!
No offence but that is one crap link...

Could you not find a link to the actual report/data?

Here it is here >>> https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites/default/files/ef_comparative_analytical_report/field_ef_source_documents/ef1726_-_developments_in_working_time_20152016.pdf

You're welcome :cool:

Sister Mercedes

RTE's Industrial Relations reporter is tweeting about Wayne Rooney and Ivanka Trump. If this story was about PS hours she'd be all over it.

General Urko

No offence but that is one crap link...

Could you not find a link to the actual report/data?

Here it is here >>> https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites/default/files/ef_comparative_analytical_report/field_ef_source_documents/ef1726_-_developments_in_working_time_20152016.pdf

You're welcome :cool:
Accepted. I just heard the item on Newstalk's Drivetime and rushed to Goo Goo!
Nonetheless, it is massively concerning having the piss pulled out of us again and again!:mad:

Mick Mac

Great country to do business in.

General Urko

RTE's Industrial Relations reporter is tweeting about Wayne Rooney and Ivanka Trump. If this story was about PS hours she'd be all over it.
With their plus 1 channel restricted to just RTE 1 and starting at 7pm and ending around midnight, there's no fear of any of them dying of overwork and extending that would be just a matter of pressing a few buttons, but I suppose knobs and buttons don't mix!:mad:

General Urko

Great country to do business in.
Yeah the best little country in the world for sleeveen gobshytes maquerading as entrepreneurs!

General Urko

Also as I said onothe surveys before if you took THe BMW REgion in isolation, it would be guaranteed to be vastly worse!:mad

Mick Mac

Are there trade Unions representing private sector workers?

I don't mean nominally. Real representation rather than we'll cut a deal with the govt and tell you later while we draw over 100k ourselves in salary types.

Mick Mac

Yeah the best little country in the world for sleeveen gobshytes maquerading as entrepreneurs!
Are you referring to champions of innovation and the job creators who get up in the morning.

Modern day heroes who work like beasts and have yet to rig the system to serve them.

HarshBuzz

Nobody is forced to work

GDPR

I am reminded of the old joke:

"How many people work here?"

"Oh, about half of them."

Long hours doesn't always equal productivity, or working "smart".

HarshBuzz

Are there trade Unions representing private sector workers?

I don't mean nominally. Real representation rather than we'll cut a deal with the govt and tell you later while we draw over 100k ourselves in salary types.
Not many, no.

The unionists know their audience and the non-PS has one role in their world: to uncomplainingly pay some of the highest PS salaries in the world and to equally uncomplainingly accept the crappy level of public service provision.

Lenin would be proud. Or more likely would have them shot.

PBP voter

Irish people are gormless.

Engineers,Accountants,solicitors etc have no union and deserve to be ridden by their employers.

Fr Peter McWhinger

Yes we are greedy hoors.

PBP voter

The most gormless lost are those who don't get paid overtime. petunia

Sign a contract for a salary and any overtime they do is unpaid. petunia

General Urko

Also with shyte public transport and the housing fiasco, I would be fairly sure Irish People on average have worse commute times to work!:mad:

General Urko

Irish people are gormless.

Engineers,Accountants,solicitors etc have no union and deserve to be ridden by their employers.
But sure WRT private sector workers, it's the trade Unions who are foremost among the riders of them!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies