The Katie Hannon Show

brughahaha

For those who didnt listen , Katie Hannon took over Clare Byrnes 1 O'Clock show today .Very Good show , would recommend catching as a podcast Most thorough grilling of a Government minister Ive heard in a long time.

Have to say if thats a precursor to a GE , FG are screwed ...Banks , Hospitals , Air Safety , Homelessness ....bumbling incompetence , preservation of the elites and status quo , ineptitude and incompetence all around. Doherty was punch drunk by the end

First time Ive heard a journo repeat the question and repeatedly ask for an answer to the question posed not the prepared Terry Prone waffle most other journos/presenters seem to accept

She really is head and shoulders above most other Irish journos at the moment ...

Last edited:

hollandia

What happened to Claire? Was it because of the Willie O'Dea incident?

Boy M5

I concur.

Then again she's a journalist - she's done good job on Helicopter crash

brughahaha

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
For those who didnt listen , Katie Hannon took over Clare Byrnes 1 O'Clock show today .Very Good show , would recommend catching as a podcast Most thorough grilling of a Government minister Ive heard in a long time.

Have to say if thats a precursor to a GE , FG are screwed ...Banks , Hospitals , Air Safety , Homelessness ....bumbling incompetence , preservation of the elites and status quo , ineptitude and incompetence all around. Doherty was punch drunk by the end

First time Ive heard a journo repeat the question and repeatedly ask for an answer to the question posed not the prepared Terry Prone waffle most other journos/presenters seem to accept

She really is head and shoulders
above most other Irish journos at the moment ...
Nothing wrong with her head and shoulders, but Rots goes GaGa for her legs.....:roll:

Boy M5

I note that the producer is Ann Farrell who used to produce Finucane's show.
However, has done good work on Late Debate, now again today.

Golden Phoenix

For those who didnt listen , Katie Hannon took over Clare Byrnes 1 O'Clock show today.
Katie Hannon should be given that programme on a permanent basis.

And Claire Byrne - put her anywhere - other than on the national airwaves.

Last edited:

Hibee

Hannon deserves a go at this . Claire Byrne is horrendously overrated .

hollandia

What happened there ?
Willie lost the plot last week and Claire had to disassociate herself and rte form his comments. Those comments were subsequently lopped off the podcast. Seemed serious enough. Bea was discussing it here last Saturday or Sunday. Seemingly Matt Carthy found his red button and pressed it.

nationalsday

I saw her in a country pub last year sitting up at the end of the bar counter in the company of two hairy 'oul fellas. When I looked down I had a glimmer of recognition but she flicked her hair and coyly looked as if to say "Yes, it's me, you are right - you've correctly identified the famous star of tv and radio.." She was drinking a bottle of stout.

Boy M5

Willie lost the plot last week and Claire had to disassociate herself and rte form his comments. Those comments were subsequently lopped off the podcast. Seemed serious enough. Bea was discussing it here last Saturday or Sunday. Seemingly Matt Carthy found his red button and pressed it.
Claire lost the studio.
Not due to lack of professionalism, ability as a broadcaster or lack of presence.
Rather because O'Dea was machine gunning accusations and insults and speaking over everyone.

Joan Burton was also in the studio. The initial argument was him at her and vice versa and in fairness her m.o. is a more restrained version of his.

bokuden

Claire lost the studio.
Not due to lack of professionalism, ability as a broadcaster or lack of presence.
Rather because O'Dea was machine gunning accusations and insults and speaking over everyone.

Joan Burton was also in the studio. The initial argument was him at her and vice versa and in fairness her m.o. is a more restrained version of his.
Indeed. O'Dea was a disgrace. I wonder was it to do with her moonlighting interviewing P o Donohoe at some private bash?

Then again, when we have other RTE political presenters getting taisiogh to launch their books, it shows you how wrapped up RTE are with the FFFGLabour class. They're all the same and all have the same basic political ideology.

Dame_Enda

I didn't notice the difference. I thought it was Claire Byrne, as I missed the start.

Half Nelson

She really is head and shoulders above most other Irish journos at the moment .
RTE management will soon knock that out of her. She can't be upsettin' the paymasters.

The Field Marshal

What happened to Claire? Was it because of the Willie O'Dea incident?
What was the Willie ODea incident?

I ceased to watch Clare Byrne,s prejudiced drivel after just two episodes of her dismal show and it's dire format.

For a female , the Hannon bird seems to have a lot more grey matter so one expects a better performance

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies