• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Keystone Cops do it again

eskrimador

We've seen stories were firemen and civillians have actually had to take charge of bomb scares whilst the police are either AWOL or at a safe distance but last night the occupants of car were able to go on a virtual county wide spree of violent crime and were finally caught by.......yep, a couple of ordinary blokes.

A car, hijacked in E Belfast, was used in robberies in Ligoniel and Glenavy, during which a worker was stabbed, and finally crashed in Ballysllan, injuring two children. It is reported that at this point, the occupants were held by a couple of guys and the police then came.

Amazing, in this day of police CCTV and traffic cameras, that these guys were able to go on such a spree, that inflicted violence, until the lives of two children were almost lost.

BBC News - Two children are hurt when a stolen car crashes in Belfast.

BTW, I tried to find a better link than this but there is an amazing (?) lack of reporting on it.

Sync

You haven't found any link that supports your claims. Suggest you find one sharpish or face zooing.

eskrimador

You haven't found any link that supports your claims. Suggest you find one sharpish or face zooing.
I did.

It's in the OP ya fek'n eejit, the BBC one. Play the video.

eskrimador

Having done another Google search, I'm happy to pen the debate to the lack of coverage of this story

vivabrigada

RedCloud

Pretty pathetic nat/rep whinge. Must be a slow MOPE day,huh ?

vivabrigada

Who mentioned politics, cloudy?
You may be under the illusion that Unionists still own the police service so criticising them is a Nationalists/republican rant.
Check today's date.

RedCloud

No need to check todays date Viv.
Every day is MOPE Day in nat/rep land !

vivabrigada

No need to check todays date Viv.
Every day is MOPE Day in nat/rep land !
I hate to break this to ya , Cloudy, but Unionists representatives have criticised the Police for being ineffectual.
Are they just moping or are they allowed?

RedCloud

I hate to break this to ya , Cloudy, but Unionists representatives have criticised the Police for being ineffectual.
Get away ? Criticising the 'armed wing of Unionism' ? Surely that can't be right Viv ?

vivabrigada

Get away ? Criticising the 'armed wing of Unionism' ? Surely that can't be right Viv ?
Hard to believe isn't it?
Wouldn't have happened back in the day when this was a great wee place, eh?
Ah, well times change, things move on, (for most of us).

J

Johnny Boy

'course they're allowed! Don't ask silly questions. And don't be so impertinent in future, ya mope!

RedCloud

Hard to believe isn't it?
Wouldn't have happened back in the day when this was a great wee place, eh?
Ah, well times change, things move on, (for most of us).
You're the one who keeps harking back to the past,love. ( may I call you love,or do you prefer Viv ) :D

vivabrigada

You're the one who keeps harking back to the past,love. ( may I call you love,or do you prefer Viv ) :D
:lol:
This story is in TODAYS Irish News so I'm harking back as far as yesterday!
You came up with:
for some reason.
Were you up all night watching the US elections, a wee lie down needed, perhaps?

BTW call me whatever works for you, it's only a website.

eskrimador

No interest in the two children who could have been killed because the police could not track a car involved in previous voiolence and crimes on that very night?

RedCloud

No interest in the two children who could have been killed because the police could not track a car involved in previous voiolence and crimes on that very night?
'COULD' being the operative word here.
This really is a case of,'move along,absolutely nothing to see here' !

eskrimador

DT123

The PSNI are far from being the "force" that they should be.

However losing the vast majority of their "brightest and best",coupled with the numbers being decimated ,added to the fact that many of the "new" officers are simply not up to the job,has resulted in the police we have today.

In Armagh one day,I was walking behind three officers.Not wishing to be sexist or anything else "ist",but they were three short,overweight women.Now they may be highly intelligent ,but they couldn't have done anything "physical" had it been required.

There is one police car covering the area between Enniskillen-Caledon-Kellys Inn-Cabragh after 5pm on a weekday and at the weekends.Presumably this is the same sort of numbers used in Britain and in the Republic,but it seems like serious undermanning to me.