The last Days of the Roman Empire...

johnnypockets

Pat Rabbitte is quoted today as saying the feeling around the Dail today was like 'The last Days of the Roman Empire".

All these politicians need a serious wake up call. Talk about egos. We need a revolution NOW!!!

johnnypockets

The fact that they see themselves as the political class/elite of an empire is disgusting. In fact it is sickening. The sheer arrogance of this crowd. It makes me so angry!!

jpc

Biffo defiant to the last.
It's all your fault for badmouthing the country.
Sweet suffering fu*k!
A pure bullock.
All beef n'bellow no balls to face the truth.

beamish2010

The fact that they see themselves as the political class/elite of an empire is disgusting. In fact it is sickening. The sheer arrogance of this crowd. It makes me so angry!!
Of course I agree with you...They must keep emperor Ollie happy...

selkies

Website
www.politicswiki.ie
Pat Rabbitte is quoted today as saying the feeling around the Dail today was like 'The last Days of the Roman Empire".

All these politicians need a serious wake up call. Talk about egos. We need a revolution NOW!!!
How about instead of killing people over the country becoming poorer, you just start campaigning for a better government.

Goldencircle

Don't know about that but we certainly know who's fiddling.

pun intended

corelli

Was Pat, one wonders, intimating that Gilmores speaches are Ciceronian in nature, whilst Cowan is a latter day Catilina?

Scipio

The sad fact is that Cowen and his cronies pale in comparison to Romulus Augustulus, and that's saying something.

Tea Party Patriot

As long as they don't expect us to believe that Sweary Mary is Cleopatra!!
I am writing the play now, the asp will have a rather large target

corelli

I am writing the play now, the asp will have a rather large target
You could train the snake pavlovian style. Every time it hears the word ************************, it bites. She would not last 10 minutes.

kalipa

The sad fact is that Cowen and his cronies pale in comparison to Romulus Augustulus, and that's saying something.
The name Bigus Dickus springs to mind when I think of Cowen in a toga

corelli

wasn't that the fall of the Republic rather than the Empire?
No, Cicero, in the Catilina instance, managed to stop the fall of the Republic and Cicero's orations defeated Catilina and Cicero, thereafter, had Catilina strangled!!

I grant you, though, that the fall of the Empire came later! :)

olamp

So so sad. I don`t mind for myself but the thought of all my children and grandchildren being subjected to a life of debt and penury breaks my heart .We worked so hard through the 80`s to feed them and educate them well ,when university fees were £2000 ,a lot of money in those days,and now this government has pissed their futures away.Cowen ,Lenihan and all the FFers should hang their heads in shame for what they have done to our country.

selkies

Website
www.politicswiki.ie
empire of dirt
Do you mean Ireland is an empire of dirt, or are you refering to johnny cash's song and are you just in the wrong thread.

Is this dirt a metaphor for our pagan heritage as an earth based religion?

Is the empire a reference to our part in the United Kingdom as of the 1800 act of union?

How "of" is that a reference to our insignificance in the scheme of things, surrounded by bigger countries that have greater influence over our economy than we do?

Tell me more, you sound interesting!

Tea Party Patriot

You could train the snake pavlovian style. Every time it hears the word ************************, it bites. She would not last 10 minutes.
I am casting Olli Rehn as Stilicho, burning the Sibylline Books of the department of finance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies