The Last Word, Today FM: Cal Thomas & Marion McKeown both avoiding each other?

ShoutingIsLeadership

Joking aside though, what ever happened to people respecting differences in opinion? Why are people so fragile?
Twas always thus...difference now is that every bellend has access to a medium by which they can share their ramblings with the wider world

jpc

They just don't get it. They were all opposed to Trump, so how did he win?
Journalists seem to live in the echo chamber not the world the public inhabit.
There are some very interesting maps of the American electorate voters density.
Essentially a few highly populated urban islands of Democrats.
A lot of Americans didn't care about Hillary Clinton.

Brenny

And so sanctimonious. Some Irish have this "preachy" gene which has transitioned from the priesthood of previous generations to the Left-Liberals of the present day.
A few years ago Ian O'Doherty summed up one Irish liberal by saying '30 years ago she would have been a nun.' More and more I recognise this description in Irish liberals. They are not there to argue, they’re there to preach and they have the zeal of the true believer.

ShoutingIsLeadership

A few years ago Ian O'Doherty summed up one Irish liberal by saying '30 years ago she would have been a nun.' More and more I recognise this description in Irish liberals. They are not there to argue, they’re there to preach and they have the zeal of the true believer.

30 years ago he would have been a d1ck.

And he still is.

jpc

Matt doesn't want 'debate' on the issues he cares about, he just wants the 1 side...Trump and Asylum Seekers/Refugees are 2 such topics
He's 100 % correct on the Vaccine issue though.

flavirostris

He got it spot on. Libtardism is a religion and woe betide anyone who challenges established doctrine.

Disillusioned democrat

And so sanctimonious. Some Irish have this "preachy" gene which has transitioned from the priesthood of previous generations to the Left-Liberals of the present day.
I think it comes from having such a perfect government ourselves....Matt Cooper is so complacent because he can see no problems with how Ireland is governed...especially since joining one of Dinny's radio stations

Destiny's Soldier

Yet here you are starting a thread on it and talking about a change in the contributors
There was a time when I wouldn't ever miss it. Now weeks go by and I know I've missed nothing. Nothing will be on the show that isn't already on the Journal.ie or Indo.ie or RTE headlines. When was the last time someone broke a story or challenged the mainstream lazy opinion? When was the last time Matt Coooper rattled any cage? He has a nice salary and a nice life. I suppose why bother?

Even the permanent Cal Thomas and McKeown opinion is tired. The show needs a lot wider variety of opinions. But what if they said something controversial different from the accepted mainstream narrative? Now we can't have that now can we!

flavirostris

Matt's show was cringeworthy a few year's back whenever he had Thomas & McKeown on. It was pretty formulaic. Two euro libtards snickering at an American conservative.

They still haven't woken up, even with the recent upsurge in Islamic terrorism in Europe.

Dame_Enda

There was a time when I wouldn't ever miss it. Now weeks go by and I know I've missed nothing. Nothing will be on the show that isn't already on the Journal.ie or Indo.ie or RTE headlines. When was the last time someone broke a story or challenged the mainstream lazy opinion? When was the last time Matt Coooper rattled any cage? He has a nice salary and a nice life. I suppose why bother?

Even the permanent Cal Thomas and McKeown opinion is tired. The show needs a lot wider variety of opinions. But what if they said something controversial different from the accepted mainstream narrative? Now we can't have that now can we!
I think we all know what has changed in TodayFM to make it this way.

wombat

I don't want to start a new thread on fake news but I listened to a discussion on CH4 on the subject which started with the results of a survey where only 4% correctly identified 4 headlines shown to them as true or false. The consensus was that people need to be protected from such, an MP even suggested "independent" regulation.
Here's a thought, if the media had a reputation for telling the truth, there would be no market for fake news outside the comics like National Enquirer. Too much comment, not enough information or as Hamlet said " more matter, less art"

Henry94.

Matt Cooper's decline as a broadcaster is a pity. He might as well be on Newstalk now because he has all the approved opinions and no curiousity about what's really going on.

TakeitAll

I note that today on The Last Word with Matt Cooper, that Marion McKeown was interviewed in her usual slot to discuss US Politics except this time on her own. Cal Thomas will be guest commentator on his own tomorrow so it looks like the partnership opinion alongside McKeown is breaking down.

It is no surprise. Since the Trump election Cal's delivery of opinion has become more aggressive and he is no longer going along with the lazy stereotype as served up by Matt and Marion.

Disdain for each other's views is the order of the day and discussions between the 2 since Trump's inauguration has become more than heated. McKeown's style is dismissive & condescending and usually finishes off her points with a good chuckle for effect.

So has it come to a situation where Matt has to separate the 2 because it is obvious Cal Thomas has his Conservative Mojo back and is no longer going to passively accept lazy stereotype while McKeown and Cooper have a good snigger?
I don't know how Cal Thomas tolerated that ejit for so long. He's obviously an old-fashioned American gentleman and managed to restrain himself from screaming 'Shut the fnck up you dumb libtard.. you're not even American FFS'
Cooper is such a self righteous git as is yer one McKeown. The way the 2 of them guffaw and gang up at Cal every week is horrible to listen to. I have no idea why he bothers talking to them. What makes either of them to think they are so right about everything is beyond me.

Destiny's Soldier

He's 100 % correct on the Vaccine issue though.
If you are for or against vaccination it is right to have someone one there to challenge the lazy opinion. There are many top immunologists
and Doctors who are against vaccination. Having a good show is inviting on a guest who articulates their case with researched opinion. But many people out there are totally opposed to hearing a discussion on a topic that is the opposite of their own entrenched opinion.

I like to hear arguments from both sides to tease out and thrash out the issues which obviously exist. I know of a local 16 month boy who died from the MMR. Yes, from the MMR directly. It's written on the death cert. Not only that here is a study on how it happened (in a similar case);

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27770235
Abstract

Routine childhood vaccination against measles, mumps and rubella has virtually abolished virus-related morbidity and mortality. Notwithstanding this, we describe here devastating neurological complications associated with the detection of live-attenuated mumps virus Jeryl Lynn (MuVJL5) in the brain of a child who had undergone successful allogeneic transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). This is the first confirmed report of MuVJL5 associated with chronic encephalitis and highlights the need to exclude immunodeficient individuals from immunisation with live-attenuated vaccines. The diagnosis was only possible by deep sequencing of the brain biopsy. Sequence comparison of the vaccine batch to the MuVJL5 isolated from brain identified biased hypermutation, particularly in the matrix gene, similar to those found in measles from cases of SSPE. The findings provide unique insights into the pathogenesis of paramyxovirus brain infections.

All Matt Cooper will do is to bring up Andrew Wakefield and go back to sleep.

enuffisenuff

Matt Cooper's show on the Last Word has totally degenerated into Tabloid. Long gone are the days when Eamon Dunphy had a guest in studio or on the line for 30 mins to do some serious analytical discussion on a topic like the Middle East or whatever.

Matt likes to serve up the safe mainstream opinion so that the show is light but utterly forgettable. I can't remember an occasion where I thought I want to download that show.
on the nail..its totally gone to **** that show

jpc

If you are for or against vaccination it is right to have someone one there to challenge the lazy opinion. There are many top immunologists
and Doctors who are against vaccination. Having a good show is inviting on a guest who articulates their case with researched opinion. But many people out there are totally opposed to hearing a discussion on a topic that is the opposite of their own entrenched opinion.

I like to hear arguments from both sides to tease out and thrash out the issues which obviously exist. I know of a local 16 month boy who died from the MMR. Yes, from the MMR directly. It's written on the death cert. Not only that here is a study on how it happened (in a similar case);

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27770235
Abstract

Routine childhood vaccination against measles, mumps and rubella has virtually abolished virus-related morbidity and mortality. Notwithstanding this, we describe here devastating neurological complications associated with the detection of live-attenuated mumps virus Jeryl Lynn (MuVJL5) in the brain of a child who had undergone successful allogeneic transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). This is the first confirmed report of MuVJL5 associated with chronic encephalitis and highlights the need to exclude immunodeficient individuals from immunisation with live-attenuated vaccines. The diagnosis was only possible by deep sequencing of the brain biopsy. Sequence comparison of the vaccine batch to the MuVJL5 isolated from brain identified biased hypermutation, particularly in the matrix gene, similar to those found in measles from cases of SSPE. The findings provide unique insights into the pathogenesis of paramyxovirus brain infections.

All Matt Cooper will do is to bring up Andrew Wakefield and go back to sleep.
Vaccines have done more for human health than almost any other public health policy than you can think of.
Far far more would doe or be disabled if they were not available.
And Wakfield should not be forgotten.

New Threads

Top Bottom