The Late Debate 18th Nov, the absolute pits

bagel

Listened from approx 10.30 to 11pm.
The host several times addressed P rick Roche "With respect Minister..."
He did all but geneflect in his despicable sucking-up to one of the worst Ministers in the history of this State.
P rick was allowed to intervene and lecture all present on how to engage in polite debate, indicating that he wouldn't participate if he wasn't treated with respect.
He had free reign to direct the course of debate and yet failed to answer the questions asked of him.
It was probably worse than knobbo's cryfest with Bullion Bertie.
It really pissed me off & was a real downer for me after earlier watching Pat Rabbitte humiliate Lizard Carey.
This crawling excuse for a tv interviewer needs an extended period of 'jobseeking'.
Vincent Browne he ain't.

Bridget558

I dont understand why dont RTE radio 1 have a proper full time late night current affairs program? 1 hour 2 or 3 nights per week is not good enough for the national broadcaster.

Mitsui2

The bould Dick did indeed get away with murder. But sure, having helped bankrupt an entire country, a wee thing like murder is probably only a minor matter to him.

I must admit that his little lectures on mannerly debate, though, really did make me grit my teeth.

former wesleyan

Listened from approx 10.30 to 11pm.
The host several times addressed P rick Roche "With respect Minister..."
He did all but geneflect in his despicable sucking-up to one of the worst Ministers in the history of this State.
P rick was allowed to intervene and lecture all present on how to engage in polite debate, indicating that he wouldn't participate if he wasn't treated with respect.
He had free reign to direct the course of debate and yet failed to answer the questions asked of him.
It was probably worse than knobbo's cryfest with Bullion Bertie.
It really pissed me off & was a real downer for me after earlier watching Pat Rabbitte humiliate Lizard Carey.
This crawling excuse for a tv interviewer needs an extended period of 'jobseeking'.
Vincent Browne he ain't.
I listened to that programme as well and found the interviewer to be a rude gobthingummyjig. His " with all due respect " was intended to convey exactly the opposite and having asked a question he didn't allow an answer before butting in with some Fox News type ignorance.I don't care that it was Dick Roche; having asked him to appear on the show he was thereby dutybound to extend him the courtesy of allowing him to answer before attacking that answer if need be. And it was needed by the way.
Worst of all was the deference he showed to O'Brien whose sanctimonious calls for an election nearly made me puke. The saddest thing of all was that an octagenarian Garrett Fitz was the sanest thing on the show. Snotty waffeled for the Shinners as usual.

bagel

I listened to that programme as well and found the interviewer to be a rude gobthingummyjig. His " with all due respect " was intended to convey exactly the opposite and having asked a question he didn't allow an answer before butting in with some Fox News type ignorance.I don't care that it was Dick Roche; having asked him to appear on the show he was thereby dutybound to extend him the courtesy of allowing him to answer before attacking that answer if need be. And it was needed by the way.
Worst of all was the deference he showed to O'Brien whose sanctimonious calls for an election nearly made me puke. The saddest thing of all was that an octagenarian Garrett Fitz was the sanest thing on the show. Snotty waffeled for the Shinners as usual.
As I stated, I tuned in at 10.30 or thereabouts.
Obviously I missed the best bits.
However, from what I listened to, my observations still stand.
As they say, a game of two halves.
I've tried rte player but the programme is not available yet.
I'l give it a go again tomorrow.

Simbo67

As I stated, I tuned in at 10.30 or thereabouts.
Obviously I missed the best bits.
However, from what I listened to, my observations still stand.
As they say, a game of two halves.
I've tried rte player but the programme is not available yet.
I'l give it a go again tomorrow.
The first half of the show was pretty riveting stuff I have to tell you.

Simbo67

That's rubbish, the "with all due respect" is exactly the same thing as "no offence". I think he had the bloody right to be rude to him, he was trashing about spouting a complete bs line which we know for sure was based upon the lies at the weekend. He's dutybound to get a bloody answer out of him. He was asked did he feel shame at what happened and he flopped about struggling for an answer while still sounding smug about it. Garret Fitz's was literally quivering with rage when he got his chance at him. As for O'Brien, he was the clearest on the show, and you can't argue with his logic, if you think that we don't need a general election, you must be the only person left in the country who feels that way. I guess there's no accounting for taste. Dick roche deserves no respect, he lied to the Irish people all week and he is supporting a government that has literally destroyed this country's economy. The interviewer was too bloody polite.

New Threads

Most Replies