The Latest Bout Of Downtime?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
What do you mean, the mods are decent here, who do you believe is anything to write home about elsewhere?
The Mods on pi.online have a policy in the way political parties have manifestos. They're determined to set "the tone" of the place. And that tone is very EUropean and very bien-pensant. They call it "grown up". They want to restrict discourse to within parameters they themselves enjoy and they censor that which falls without. They are seemingly oblivious to the moral hazard this invites and just as seemingly oblivious to paucity of discourse that it engenders.

The Mods there are (with notable exceptions) public-service types, dominated by those whose work directly, or indirectly relies on Brussels.

GDPR

The Mods on pi.online have a policy in the way political parties have manifestos. They're determined to set "the tone" of the place. And that tone is very EUropean and very bien-pensant. They call it "grown up". They want to restrict discourse to within parameters they themselves enjoy and they censor that which falls without. They are seemingly oblivious to the moral hazard this invites and just as seemingly oblivious to paucity of discourse that it engenders.

The Mods there are (with notable exceptions) public-service types, dominated by those whose work directly, or indirectly relies on Brussels.
I would disagree, the mods over there want to avoid a site that is trolled, abused and allows outlandish threads and posts.

Slurs such as Zionist are banned as they are seen as Antisemitic.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
I would disagree, the mods over there want to avoid a site that is trolled, abused and allows outlandish threads and posts.

Slurs such as Zionist are banned as they are seen as Antisemitic.
That may well be the case but in practice it has resulted in posts of mine being deleted because they were "inflammatory", the definition of which seems to be that a mod doesn't like it.

StirCharles

Well you have me confused anyway, are you talking about the mods on Irish Politics Online, or Political Irish or neither/both

darkhorse4

That may well be the case but in practice it has resulted in posts of mine being deleted because they were "inflammatory", the definition of which seems to be that a mod doesn't like it.
My experience too
They delete posts and ban posters according to their own likes / dislikes
It was like being back in primary school again with the amount of supervision going on
They must have little else going on in their lives

StirCharles

Nice to see most posters returning to P.ie from the nasty place and the stupid place set up to clone here

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Well you have me confused anyway, are you talking about the mods on Irish Politics Online, or Political Irish or neither/both
I'm sorry. I was referring to the mods on ipo.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Nice to see most posters returning to P.ie from the nasty place and the stupid place set up to clone here
I don't think IPO is nasty or stupid. It's just more ideologically driven without being aware it is. Which is super-annoying. This place should be on its hands and knees begging forgiveness for the atrocious laxity with which it treated its users and their data security. It still hasn't updated its twitter account. It's a joke.

StirCharles

I don't think IPO is nasty or stupid. It's just more ideologically driven without being aware it is. Which is super-annoying. This place should be on its hands and knees begging forgiveness for the atrocious laxity with which it treated its users and their data security. It still hasn't updated its twitter account. It's a joke.
Joke or not, here is where the readers are. I see numerous threads on the front page with less than 100 views, why would anybody waste their time over there.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Joke or not, here is where the readers are. I see numerous threads on the front page with less than 100 views, why would anybody waste their time over there.
This site had those metrics one day too.