The Leadership Delusions of Simon Harris

Destiny's Soldier

"Certainly, if you manage the Department of Health, I suppose it shows your abilities to take on a big role in government," Mr Harris told journalist Carmen Paun.

The interview as part of a largely glowing profile that is likely to set tongues wagging in Irish political circles during the quiet summer period with the Dáil in recess.

Mr Harris also touted some of his achievements to date including the 2018 referendum on abortion, the introduction of tough laws to crackdown on alcohol abuse, negotiating prices for cystic fibrosis drugs and agreeing on the cross-party Sláintecare plan to overhaul the health service.

“I’m now at the ripe old age of 32, one of the longest-serving health ministers in the EU, which is kind of interesting, in a minority government,” he said.
Hard to know where to begin. Most people who have a minuscule of emotional intelligence would know when to speak and when to shut up. Until Simon Harris can prove he's not on the spectrum himself I think ideas of becoming Taoiseach any time this century should stay well out of his head.

Grotesque, bordering criminal incompetence managing spending on the Children's Hospital should keep him from ever becoming Taoiseach. (Amongst other failings)

Round tower

Hard to know where to begin. Most people who have a minuscule of emotional intelligence would know when to speak and when to shut up. Until Simon Harris can prove he's not on the spectrum himself I think ideas of becoming Taoiseach any time this century should stay well out of his head.

Grotesque, bordering criminal incompetence managing spending on the Children's Hospital should keep him from ever becoming Taoiseach. (Amongst other failings)
I would thinkthat most TD's would be aambitious to be first a minister, then leader of their party and to be Taoiseach in the long run. I would not see him aas the leaader of FG next time after Leo but couldd see him as a contender in the next 10 years.

Not many people would have seen Vicky as someone who would back Simon as a future Taoiseach.

james toney

If you want to lead Fine Gael and become taoiseach...then being completley inept as a useless minister of health will make you the front runner.

Dame_Enda

What has he accomplished?

APettigrew92

Much as I broadly agree, the Children's hospital debacle predates him.
To which his reaction has been...lacklustre? Non-existent? Imagine Churchill being elected PM immediately before the disaster of the Battle of France and turning around to his colleagues, shrugging, and going "this predates me, therefore alleviating me of all responsibility from here on out."

Either he was too thick to see the dog's dinner he was undertaking or he knew and did it anyway with the ambition to eventually propel himself further.

He has proven himself to not be particularly successful with the problems that are of his own doing, however.
Very shallow of me I know, but that horrible squeaky little voice should bar him from every office where people have to listen to him.
It's not. A nation needs to put its best foot forward when it comes to choosing its leader. Enda had a certain bumpkin charm about him while Varadkar, for all his bizarre choices of words, is immaculately presented.

Harris looks like a used car dealer. That, or a reclusive computer technician. Leaders need to be better presented.

It's hypocritical for us to hold Mick Wallace to account for his bizarre attire and give Simon a pass because he has a bit of an odd pitch.

MsDaisyC

Harris has ambitions to move in the same circle as Biffo, Bertie, Charlie, Bruton, Inda, Leo... Such illustrious company.

Disillusioned democrat

Worryingly Harris' qualification in "media studies" may be all he needs to be successful - it's hard to imagine a freakishly intense looking sociopath with no discernible successes under his belt as a TD, let alone a minister, but in modern Ireland that's exactly where we are.

Ability, personality and track record seem to be old fashioned requirements - now it's message management and a large SM profile, so Harris may well be the right man for the job.

Of course that would make me want to vom, but what's new?

Catahualpa

Website
irelandinhistory.blogspot.com
A vile individual who led the campaign for the Mass Slaughter of Irish Children

May God judge him on Judgement Day....

But I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes when He does.....🥵

Disillusioned democrat

He legalized abortion on demand.
Wow - it's funny how he's made a LOT of capital from that, despite being on record as being against abortion and basically, like Varadkar, being on the fence until the polls basically pointed at the referendum passing.

It was the Irish voters that legalized abortion, not Harris.

MsDaisyC

God causes more mass slaughter of Irish children than any minister.

Splodge

I’ve heard this God chap hates racists. Satan isn’t too fond of them either. You’re bollixed.

peader odonnell

Simon will be Taoiseach some day. Don't worry bout the squeaky voice, Mehole Martin twice a failed Minister for health sounds even worse and they say he has a chance of being the next Taoiseach .

james toney

What has he accomplished?
That will depend on the final cost of the NCH...and also the final cost of lives in the Cervical cancer scandal....so far he has proved just how bad he is...he is following the path of Leo.
Many more health scandals,lies,broken promises....but it's getting late...time for bed...thank god i have one.

wombat

Simon is too modest, he should not keep his talents so well hidden.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies