The Legacy of Merkel.

TARZAN

Now that she has leaked it to the media in Germany that she will not be finishing out her term as Chancellor I wonder what people in the rest of will remember her for. Personally I think she was a power hungry bxtch who destroyed Germany in a way that no war could have done and is guilty of crimes comparable to those committed against humanity by former German leaders. Opening the gates of Germany and other European countries to Muslim jihadists who have killed and maimed innocent civilians IMO puts her up there on a list with Pol Pot and other despots who ruined their own countries. Comments ?

bob3344

Now that she has leaded it to the media in Germany that she will not be finishing out her term as Chancellor I wonder what people in the rest of will remember her for. Personally I think she was a power hungry bxtch who destroyed Germany in a way that no war could have done and is guilty of crimes comparable to those committed against humanity by former German leaders. Opening the gates of Germany and other European countries to Muslim jihadists who have killed and maimed innocent civilians IMO puts her up there on a list with Pol Pot and despots who ruined their own countries.
She was a big factor in the Brexit vote for sure.

johnnypockets

Now that she has leaked it to the media in Germany that she will not be finishing out her term as Chancellor I wonder what people in the rest of will remember her for. Personally I think she was a power hungry bxtch who destroyed Germany in a way that no war could have done and is guilty of crimes comparable to those committed against humanity by former German leaders. Opening the gates of Germany and other European countries to Muslim jihadists who have killed and maimed innocent civilians IMO puts her up there on a list with Pol Pot and other despots who ruined their own countries. Comments ?
Pol pot... :lol:

Hunter-Gatherer

i remember when she arrived into the job, it was with a reputation of being tough on things like immigration and dole spongers.

I guess the next eejit will have the same reputation to start out with.....?

In his early days Dermot MacMurrough was popular with the locals, before he trashed the place. Merkel herself did not have kids. And she has made sure a whole generation of young german men do not also. RiP the German culture and identity.

Spanner Island

You're not really interested in her legacy at all are you?

It's obvious from your OP that all you're looking for is yet another opportunity/thread to vent about what has happened in the last year or two...

I think I'll pass.

O

Oscurito

She really challenged all those tired old stereotypes and clichés about cold, humourless, doctrinaire Germans who insist on adherence to rules at all costs.

Ooops, Typo. Actually she didn't.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
As a long-time resident of Germany, I think you're talking through your hat.

Betson

As a long-time resident of Germany, I think you're talking through your hat.
If she were to step down who is her likely replacement?

There was a chap on Euro News I think few weeks back saying the two likeliest contenders are two women who have modelled themselves on Merkel. He also mentioned another chap as an outside chance but said no of them were particularly popular right now.

O

Oscurito

If the OP is made up, then this thread belongs in the Tiergarten. :evil:

mr_anderson

All political lives, unless they are cut off in midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure, because that is the nature of politics and of human affairs.
Enoch Powell

She monumentally fúcked up with the 'refugee' crisis. This will be her legacy.
The spin-offs were major internal EU conflicts, Brexit & a whole bunch of dead Europeans.

Her unilateral decision will have repercussions for decades, if not longer with a guaranteed loss of more lives.
There also remains a serious possibility that the EU will tear itself apart, with this being one of the primary stress points.

Like Blair with the Iraqi war, when your entire legacy is overshadowed by one bad decision, it is a decision of unparalleled stupidity. In both instances, you didn't even need the benefit of hindsight to have seen the outcome. It was blatantly obvious from the outset.

One thing she did highlight and that was the weakness of the EU, in that it only takes one moronic leader to make life hell for every other nation.

Dumb b1tch !

Eire1976

The Germans will not have their nation ruined again.

She is held is very low opinion

Felixness

Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse in Germany for German people. Her leaving is only the beginning but there are many more of her mindset in powerful political positions. Germany is going to see huge civil unrest between it's citizens and migrants and Merkel will be remembered with the same contempt as Hitler.

Toland

Website
If she were to step down who is her likely replacement?

There was a chap on Euro News I think few weeks back saying the two likeliest contenders are two women who have modelled themselves on Merkel. He also mentioned another chap as an outside chance but said no of them were particularly popular right now.
There's nobody obvious in the offing.

Eire1976

Rubbish. With her at the head, the CDU would probably be reelected easily if an election were called tomorrow.
Are you suggesting that the German people are sheeple and take no notice of the nation wrecking going on.

That they will pay and pay to keep millions of economic migrants and yet you expect them to just keep voting in her party,, right!

Polybius

Rubbish. With her at the head, the CDU would probably be reelected easily if an election were called tomorrow.
Rubbish. The CDU are polling as low as 30% in recent opinion polls. The best they can hope for is a grand coalition with the SPD.

Toland

Website
All political lives, unless they are cut off in midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure, because that is the nature of politics and of human affairs.
Enoch Powell

She monumentally fúcked up with the 'refugee' crisis. This will be her legacy.
The spin-offs were major internal EU conflicts, Brexit & a whole bunch of dead Europeans.

Her unilateral decision will have repercussions for decades, if not longer with a guaranteed loss of more lives.
There also remains a serious possibility that the EU will tear itself apart, with this being one of the primary stress points.

Like Blair with the Iraqi war, when your entire legacy is overshadowed by one bad decision, it is a decision of unparalleled stupidity. In both instances, you didn't even need the benefit of hindsight to have seen the outcome. It was blatantly obvious from the outset.

One thing she did highlight and that was the weakness of the EU, in that it only takes one moronic leader to make life hell for every other nation.

Dumb b1tch !
Nonsense from beginning to end.

She spent a huge amount of political capital on the refugee crisis because she clearly believed it was the right thing to do.

The fact that she's still in power is a testament to her able political handling of the refugee crisis. Some in her party want her dead in a puddle, but yet there she still is.

And no doubt she'll be proven right in the long run.

Most Replies