• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Life Institute Harassing TDs

Hitch 22

For the Ultra-Catholics this issue is their last stand.
As far as they are concerned they are sheep among wolves and the forces of Satan are on the march.:lol:

ruserious

Is there not a multitude of existing threads you could have put this into, and save us from yet another thread on the issue?

Blossie

As far as they are concerned they are sheep among wolves and the forces of Satan are on the march.:lol:
My money is on the forces of Satan.

Collegebhoy

Twitter
n/a
Don't see anything wrong with it TBH, seems the ICCL are at it themselves but don't have the same level of support, sour grapes maybe?

Dunlin3

Don't see anything wrong with it TBH, seems the ICCL are at it themselves but don't have the same level of support, sour grapes maybe?
56,000 phone calls to Fine Gael TDs since the summer with some getting 10 phone calls a day. There's plenty wrong with it. It's harassment regardless of the originator.

Hitch 22

Could Ireland end up with nutjobs like Scott Roeder who murdered abortion doctor Dr. George Tiller?

[video=youtube;n0r6sQuYjmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0r6sQuYjmE[/video]

Analyzer

Has anybody contacted Michael Healy-Rae for a comment?
Apparently the line was busy when they called. They kept calling. And it was always busy. Must be hard to get off the telephone.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

So its ultra-Catholic to be opposed to murdering babies now is it?

As an agnostic, I'd much prefer being called an ultra-Catholic than a child murderer. But whatever you're into I suppose.

rgaok

the Ultra catholics must be in an awful tizzy these days alright........

shoneen

Could Ireland end up with nutjobs like Scott Roeder who murdered abortion doctor Dr. George Tiller?

[video=youtube;n0r6sQuYjmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0r6sQuYjmE[/video]
And you'd be delighted with that, I presume?

Orbit v2

Don't TDs have people employed to take these calls? Ten calls from the same person might constitute harassment, but not from different people. Abortion is an emotive and divisive issue. I don't have a lot of sympathy for TDs wishing to keep their head in the sand.

Victor Meldrew

I would love to know what threats are made, implicit or explicit. There are 74 TD's Some, no doubt, are "sound" on this issue from "Life's " perspective, but that still leaves around 800 calls per TD.

That is intimidation. If I did that to Olivia/Peter/Alan I'd have my collar felt...

Is there a different application of law here?

Is there any other issue which has this amount of "activism" inflicted upon our TDs?

GDPR

There's lobbying and then there's harassment. A story in the Irish Times today tells that the The Life Institute are going to extraordinary lengths to contact Fine Gael TDs to promote their pro life views.

56,000 phone calls made to Fine Gael TDs - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 22, 2012

Codes of conduct/laws for lobbyists are long overdue it seems.
Given that you post this on the site that regularly gives out TD's email addresses and phone numbers in an effort to bombard them with whatever the poster has in mind, you might find yourself plowing stony ground here. On the other hand as the majority of posters here are also afflicted by large doses of hypocrisy, maybe not so much.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies