The Male Pill

Cato

There's been a breakthrough in the quest for a 'male pill'. An injected contraception has been shown to have been as effective as the female pill.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/28/contraceptive-jabs-men-work-male-pill?CMP=twt_gu

Developing a male pill has proved difficult. Recent trials had to be halted:

Getting this right is a tightrope walk and the research fell just on the wrong side of the line. The World Health Organisation decided to stop enrolling men on its trial earlier than planned after being alerted to side effects, including low mood, acne and higher than usual libido (today some coverage interpreted this as a bonus of the drugs, although there is no suggestion that this is how the men or their partners saw it).
News that the trials have been delayed because of side effects has not been reacted to with much ... sympathy by women.

https://twitter.com/sukibapswent/status/791946111313256448

So fellas, how do you fancy messing with your hormones?

silverharp

it will happen some day but if there are side effects its not a runner. there is some guy working on a valve which is like a switch but again would you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45466

It'll be improved, eventually marketed in capsule form a la the pill.

There won't be any children being born. That's for shewer.

publicrealm

There's been a breakthrough in the quest for a 'male pill'. An injected contraception has been shown to have been as effective as the female pill.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/28/contraceptive-jabs-men-work-male-pill?CMP=twt_gu

News that the trials have been delayed because of side effects has not been reacted to with much ... sympathy by women.

I understand that the injection is into yer lad?

Even the thought of that would be an effective contraceptive.:cry:

silverharp

It'll be improved, eventually marketed in capsule form a la the pill.

There won't be any children being born. That's for shewer.
did the human population ever depend on mistakes? there are some unscrupulous women out there that "forget" to take the pill or sperm jack . seems good for there to be 2 lines of control.

TedHankey

Did you mean to type "this woman" instead of "women" perhaps?

I don't fancy messing with my hormones at all really but it is not the only factor to be considered. The responsibility to prevent a pregnancy, if that's the couples wish, has to fall on either one of the two fertile partners. There are many options available and when it comes to the pill there is no reason I can see why the woman should automatically be expected to accept that responsibility. Every person is unique and will react differently to medication and in some cases the pill for women can lead to incredibly difficult bodily changes, including changes to mood, and sometimes awful pains and cramps (I hope I'm not misinforming here and the ladies will be better able to tell i'm sure). If there are other options out there it seems like sense to me to me for men too to at least be open to exploring and trialling these options. If it's harmful or unbearable then sure, try something else.

RoscommonFF

Another symptom of the culture of death that pervades the west. Contraception devalues the Act and is morally wrong.

The liberals will abort or contracept themselves out of existence.
Then again thats what Soros / Chuck Feeney wants.

D

Deleted member 45466

Did you mean to type "this woman" instead of "women" perhaps?

I don't fancy messing with my hormones at all really but it is not the only factor to be considered. The responsibility to prevent a pregnancy, if that's the couples wish, has to fall on either one of the two fertile partners. There are many options available and when it comes to the pill there is no reason I can see why the woman should automatically be expected to accept that responsibility. Every person is unique and will react differently to medication and in some cases the pill for women can lead to incredibly difficult bodily changes, including changes to mood, and sometimes awful pains and cramps (I hope I'm not misinforming here and the ladies will be better able to tell i'm sure). If there are other options out there it seems like sense to me to me for men too to at least be open to exploring and trialling these options. If it's harmful or unbearable then sure, try something else.
Yet another shackle of male oppression.

Ellen Ripley

A further step in the degradation of the human spirit and the debasing of relationships between men and women.

The only takers will be affluent unmarried men in prosperous Western countries.
You won't catch African or Asian men compromising their fertility.

toughbutfair

Any man that trusts a woman to take the pill is fecking crazy - putting the next 18 years of his life and god knows how much of his money at risk .

RodShaft

What, I'd question the vouching of a pi$sed drunk male, groping me in the back of a taxi?
You wouldn't be expected to trust him. Anymore than he should expect to trust you.

Two people on contraception has to be better than one, and certainly a man should probably use an oral contraceptive if it became available.

In the future the woman will probably be able to use contraception or abort. The man only gets one chance of not fùcking his life up as the aftermath of drunken sex following a taxi fumble with a random attractive Kerrywoman.

ger12

Great stuff. I'm sure there's lots of young men would like the opportunity to hold off on being a daddy until they're ready.

A quick jab and Bob's your uncle. Remember please you'll still need to wear protection to avoid the STD's.

stopdoingstuff

It is a repudiation of God's creation and His plan for us i.e. women being the ones who have to take the risk of going on the pill.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies