The Man City of The LoI on The Way?

General Urko

This is so shyte hot, I cannot post a link yet but The Saudi Investors bid for my beloved Galway Utd. has been accepted.

They will apparently pump in half a million straightaway!

This could be the start of the most significant development ever in sport in The West of Ireland!

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2018/0618/971437-galway-united/

SamsonS

This is so shyte hot, I cannot post a link yet but The Saudi Investors bid for my beloved Galway Utd. has been accepted.

They will apparently pump in half a million straightaway!

This could be the start of the most significant development ever in sport in The West of Ireland!

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2018/0618/971437-galway-united/

Could be. The basic model here has always suffered from underinvestment. Realistically you need around 1.5m - 2m annually to compete for the title on a consistent basis, and hope that you can earn that from European money and a good domestic season. What Dundalk achieved a couple of years ago and what they earned should at least show that it is possible.

General Urko

86% support for Ta!

General Urko

Maroon burqas, hijabs etc.......

For Galway WFC perhaps!
BTW they are removing the Burqa wearing as law in Saudi now AFAIK!
Allowing women to drive is already passed!

viper999

Much better to be fan owned like my beloved Cork city, we are doing things right average attendance of 5k, increases in sponsorship revenue, investment in the academy and underages. Cork city are the model to follow,we had a profit of over of 2.9m last year, also 800k for champions league qualification plus 200k gate receipts for each the 2 home European games.With the club fan owned the best decisions are made for the club and it's fans, I'm skeptical of this takeover but best of luck the more money and investment in league is a positive.

General Urko

Much better to be fan owned like my beloved Cork city, we are doing things right average attendance of 5k, increases in sponsorship revenue, investment in the academy and underages. Cork city are the model to follow,we had a profit of over of 2.9m last year, also 800k for champions league qualification plus 200k gate receipts for each the 2 home European games.With the club fan owned the best decisions are made for the club and it's fans, I'm skeptical of this takeover but best of luck the more money and investment in league is a positive.
I was at The Cup Final last year and ye certainly are doing great things! The very best of luck with the European Draw later today!

General Urko

Where Spurs are concerned, possibly, though I have my doubts. Sadly, unlike Bale before him, I have a feeling he is Spurs through and through.
I hope Spurs are going to loosen the purse strings and start paying their stars the going rates!

Erudite Caveman

It'll end in tears. The few local supporters they have will be alienated, and Ryan Manning and Daryl Horgan won't bring in 5k new ones. Connacht rugby have the city sown up, there is no room for a second pro team.

Actually, it will just end in meh.

Levellers

I don't see this ending well I'm afraid. You have to look at what they expect from the deal.

The_SR

I don't see this ending well I'm afraid. You have to look at what they expect from the deal.
The theory is with the huge jump in European money that you can get a LoI club like Galway quite cheap and if you get Europe 6 years out of 10, just qualify, you are up €5m. They have a large catchment area so may also produce some kids.

Galway are a good call for this. Only full time pro side ever relegated, decent setup and renting the ground so no property shenanigans.

That said, it's happened before, happened at Dundalk and the world didn't stop spinning.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies