• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Mass Graves of Ireland

Irishmen and Irishwomen!

Read this site and weep. Weep for the agonies and deaths of your people at the hands of genocidists. The authorities who imposed the curriculum, the teachers and professors who funneled it into you, have carefully kept you uninformed as to which British regiment, or that any regiment, murdered your people. Until now, that information was kept from you. You had no access to it. You do now - you read it on your computer screen! Commit the regiment's name to memory.

Never, ever, forget it!

Learn its British HQ town. As no Jewish person would ever refer to the "Jewish Oxygen Famine of 1939 - 1945", so no Irish person ought ever refer to the Irish Holocaust as a famine.

Read More:
www.irishholocaust.org - Britain's Cover Up

Ecoguy

Capitalism was used to justify this by the British and a number of other man made famines including the Great Bengal Famine of the 1860's that killed 7 million in India:(

Thank you for this, Roland.

When I see young people wearing English football shirts, etc., I suspect that an entire generation has forgotten,

Shame on us and our schools.
Well Mary McAleese states that this was "Irelands worst national disaster "this is an insult to the people who died and that had to emigrate to save themselves,trying to diminish the fact that this was genocide.

Smoothing the way for the Queens visit to the Republic for the first,since here father was here.

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com
Well Mary McAleese states that this was "Irelands worst national disaster "this is an insult to the people who died and that had to emigrate to save themselves,trying to diminish the fact that this was genocide.

Smoothing the way for the Queens visit to the Republic for the first,since here father was here.
Yes, as I've always said: God gave us a potato blight, the English gave us a famine!

Fermoy

The revised death toll is stagering .

Six million
"Assuming that rate continued, the population in 1851, absent the starvation, would have been approximately 12,809,841. However; the 1851 census recorded a population of 6,552,385; thus there was a "disappearance" of 6,257,456. This population-loss figure of 6,257,456 is scarcely susceptible to significant challenge, being derived directly from the British government's own censuses for Ireland."

Is it any wonder that the english and the churches down-played the numbers .

Yes, as I've always said: God gave us a potato blight, the English gave us a famine!
The official version would have us believe that the number of dead from the Famine was 1 million odd but some forget that the census at the was being carried out with the British authorities stationed here,this particular article is claiming more like 5 million people died,again taking the fact of who was doing the census there could well be a grain in truth in this claim.

I mean even the number of people that emigrated,the numbers just don't add up based on people claiming Irish decent,estimated 44 million in the US alone.

swords driver

Having recently visited the US, it is true to say that the "Great Hunger" is commemorated in a much more open way by their historians and cities. The monuments in New York and Philadelphia would bring a tear to the eye of any Irishman. Maybe there is a collective wish not to deal with such a painful past and the scars left upon the Irish landscape, where as in the US it is a pivotal moment in the formation of the nations history.
One has to wonder if the famine events in Irish history presented the ruling British with an opportunistic population control tactic, long shot I know, but look at the regularity of such famine events over a relativity short time span suggests at least an official acceptance of a policy of not assisting the native Irish stay in Ireland.
I would also suggest that the "People's Gardens" in Dublin should be renamed and laid out as a Memorial Park to the millions of Irish who died or were forced to leave Ireland during the time of Englands occupation of Ireland in 1741, 1745, 1755, 1766, 1783, 1800, 1816, 1822, 1830, 1845, 1880.

Aindriu

Fom the Quaker's website.

More research is sure to uncover a great deal more on this period of Irish history.. almost buried by the powers that be.

Isn't the Internet the Truth!
The Quakers AFAIK were the only religious group that did not require conversion prior to dispensing aid. The CoI required Catholics to convert to protestantism and the RCC refused to grant aid to protestant sufferers (and there WERE protestant sufferers in the famine! Not all were rich land owners).

Having recently visited the US, it is true to say that the "Great Hunger" is commemorated in a much more open way by their historians and cities. The monuments in New York and Philadelphia would bring a tear to the eye of any Irishman. Maybe there is a collective wish not to deal with such a painful past and the scars left upon the Irish landscape, where as in the US it is a pivotal moment in the formation of the nations history.
One has to wonder if the famine events in Irish history presented the ruling British with an opportunistic population control tactic, long shot I know, but look at the regularity of such famine events over a relativity short time span suggests at least an official acceptance of a policy of not assisting the native Irish stay in Ireland.
I would also suggest that the "People's Gardens" in Dublin should be renamed and laid out as a Memorial Park to the millions of Irish who died or were forced to leave Ireland during the time of Englands occupation of Ireland in 1741, 1745, 1755, 1766, 1783, 1800, 1816, 1822, 1830, 1845, 1880.

Yes I got quite emotional when he seen the Famine memorial in Boston,though its time we did face up to our tragic history for what it really was,not some natural disaster as some would like us to believe.

It is worth noting to further into the article there is piece about how some of the average english people that did everything they could to look after the hungry,sick and dying.

swords driver

The Quakers AFAIK were the only religious group that did not require conversion prior to dispensing aid. The CoI required Catholics to convert to protestantism and the RCC refused to grant aid to protestant sufferers (and there WERE protestant sufferers in the famine! Not all were rich land owners).
And even today we have an echo to this in Hiberno english with reference to
some families "taking the soup" or being soupers or blackmouths. I have heard these used in places like Clare where a families credentials were prefixed with "sure did'nt they take the soup" in a derogatory manner.

Dr Qasim Afridi

Hello Dear Friends...

Actually this topic is of great interest to me... As someone pointed out there were famines in British Occupied India as well during the British colonialist era... As for the friend who posted the quote "God created the Blight British created the Famine" This is actually from Mitchell :)

Right... I m working on a small independent documentary project about this issue and I see that people on this forum have knowledge about the Great Famine... anyone who would like to contribute please contact me via messaging on the forum and I ll get back to you after sometime... I m currently very busy but I promise to reply to all messages... This is a serious project so no jokers please... :) I m looking for people who know the subject well to answer specific questions regarding the famine on camera...

Cheers

Aindriu

Hello Dear Friends...

Actually this topic is of great interest to me... As someone pointed out there were famines in British Occupied India as well during the British colonialist era... As for the friend who posted the quote "God created the Blight British created the Famine" This is actually from Mitchell :)

Right... I m working on a small independent documentary project about this issue and I see that people on this forum have knowledge about the Great Famine... anyone who would like to contribute please contact me via messaging on the forum and I ll get back to you after sometime... I m currently very busy but I promise to reply to all messages... This is a serious project so no jokers please... :) I m looking for people who know the subject well to answer specific questions regarding the famine on camera...

Cheers
Morning, Doc,

I trust you had a good festival of Ead?

Your best bet would be a trawl of the decent bookshops. Most Irish History sections carry some excellent books on the famine.

Have a look here too.

And here.

Ultra1

You might start your research here>
49th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) (Hertfordshire) Regiment of Foot

Good look with your research Doctor. And please do not expect help from authorized academia. (they are only following orders)
BTW the great and good hid an interpretive famine center in an isolated place near STROKEstown, Co. Roscommon that nobody visits. Strokestown Park House - the Famine Museum

Fermoy

Hello Dear Friends...

Cheers
As others have pointed out , the famine was nothing in comparison , that was just spuds.
It is the theft of food by england the caused the deliberate Great Starvation Genocide.

Start as you mean to go on , with the right terminology.

Horace Horse

McAleese is an unelected disgrace, who seems to think she is paid (overpaid) to simper and excrete banal lies.

This empty-headed ninny is another crime inlicted on us by Fianna Fail the MIP.

Ultra1

From Strokestown Famine Musem website

The restaurant at Strokestown park is located in a restored 17th century building that would once have formed part of the original fortress structure of the O Conor Roe clan who were dispossessed by the Mahons in 1653. The unique surroundings generate a wonderful ambience where visitors can complement their visit to Strokestown Park by choosing from a selection of wholesome home-baked treats.

Popular Threads

Most Replies