• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The Max Keiser fan club thread

rhonda15

The guy deserves his own thread.

Here is his latest:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSzIlJjSHc"]YouTube- On the Edge with Max Keiser - 20 November 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8SB5lTF49A&feature="]YouTube- On the Edge with Max Keiser . . . and Mish Shedlock - 20 November 2009 - (2/3)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF10c8gmPGg&feature="]YouTube- On the Edge with Max Keiser . . . and Mish Shedlock - 20 November 2009 (3/3)[/ame]

Cassandra Syndrome

Max Keiser rules! So does Mike Shedlock. Do you read Mish's Blog Rhonda?

rhonda15

Occasionally - i find him hit or miss actually - but always more real info than more mainstream stuff

TommyO'Brien

FFS not another of your friggin' youtube-based threads.

rhonda15

FFS not another of your friggin' youtube-based threads.
relax Tommy - Max Keiser's show is usually only on once a week - you can live with that can't you? ;)

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

+1 Rhonda for posting these. Enjoyed them alot. Max is a little crazy in how he puts things but it is very entertaining.

A section of video 2 was very interesting [7:09 - 8:01]. Figures show that demand for small business loans is down in the USA! I wonder if a similar survey has been done with regard to the Irish situation and if it mirrored the US results (or similar) what effect would it have on the liquidity argument (€ amounts) and thus NAMA?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I just like to point out for any casual readers that Max Keiser is a loon with a dodgy track record:

The Guardian
Mad Max

Dear, oh dear. What is it about the off-spring of the super rich? Some really do believe they exist beyond the normal forces and controls of society. According to reports, a guy called Max Keiser, described as an "anti-capitalist former stockbroker", has teamed up with Zak Goldsmith, son of Sir James Goldsmith, to pursue a fantastical scheme for making money by shorting Coca-Cola stock and distributing the proceeds to "victims of Coke's business model in places like India and Cambodia"
We can also see why Max is going to remain a "former" stockbroker, since he and Zak have come up with a plan that is illegal on both sides of the Atlantic. It's called market manipulation - and these boys can expect trial without a jury, no right to silence and an unlimited fine at the end of it.

Still, it was kind of them to tip off the SEC and the FSA in advance. Financial regulation would be a breeze if all market criminals were so considerate.

Come the revolution ...
And his greatest fans tend to be those in various lunatic asylums and "sheltered housing"

And as you can see from the above our own drooling crazies are out in force

cYp

rhonda15

I just like to point out for any casual readers that Max Keiser is a loon with a dodgy track record:

And his greatest fans tend to be those in various lunatic asylums and "sheltered housing"

cYp
no offence cyp but you really are one of my least favourite posters

i would appreciate it if you would stay away/stop trolling my threads

thank you

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

cYp
Over-zealous, passionate and hyperbolic perhaps but a loon [as in crazy / deranged]?

btw... the dodgy track record you referenced makes him sound a bit like Robin Hood (just a bit).. even though it was illegal.

He's entertaining, i'll give him that (even if he is a loon)!

Dare i ask you to rebut some of the informnation provided in the videos or would be asking too much, being a casual reader myself? Your post stinks of "Playing the man..."

conservative green

Max Keiser might have some valid points re Goldman specifically, but overall he is not someone I would take seriously in developing my views on the markets. He is the counter culture's answer to MSNBC's Jim Cramer - a tabloid ranter.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

thank you
Unfortunately you don't put a disclaimer on your threads warning that they've been written by a frothing at the mouth crazy

Max Keiser is a loon with a dodgy track record, and this needs to be pointed out (and I cited a Guardian article that called him crazy)

As I said more casual readers deserve to know when the crazies are wasting their time

cYp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Over-zealous, passionate and hyperbolic perhaps but a loon [as in crazy / deranged]?

btw... the dodgy track record you referenced makes him sound a bit like Robin Hood (just a bit).. even though it was illegal.

He's entertaining, i'll give him that (even if he is a loon)!

Dare i ask you to rebut some of the informnation provided in the videos or would be asking too much, being a casual reader myself? Your post stinks of "Playing the man..."
I made the mistake previously of watching some of his YouTube's .... pretty loony stuff

He has virtually no mainstream backing and is at best regarded as an amiable kook

He now works for Iranian TV

People are free to watch him, free to be amused.... I'm just pointing out that you should reserve judgement on what he says... caution is advised

cYp

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I made the mistake previously of watching some of his YouTube's .... pretty loony stuff

He has virtually no mainstream backing and is at best regarded as an amiable kook

People are free to watch him, free to be amused.... I'm just pointing out that you should reserve judgement on what he says... caution is advised

cYp
I'll take that as a no then. FYI, i haven't made any judgements on what he said. I was refering to figures of a survey into small-business loan demand in the US ;)

Almanac

No mainstream backing!

No mainstream backing!

Unfortunately cyberianpan lots and lots of people including myself are discovering that what's outside the mainstream is frequently true. Your point here concerns something larger than this post.

Just two examples of the unreliability of the "mainstream":

A 2002 Glasgow University study demonstrated that just 9% of young British viewers knew that Israelis were the occupying force and that the illegal settlers were Jewish; they believed them to be Palestinian. The study also discovered that terms such as "murder" and "atrocity" were applied almost exclusively to Israeli deaths. Many Palestinian deaths were not even reported.

It was a mainstream conspiracy theory which held that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction.

A 2006 Lancet-published study put the estimated number of Iraqi deaths which resulted from the invasion justified by this lie at 655,000. [source: Pilger Freedom Next Time]

It was a resource war. Saddam was the same tyrant in the eighties when he was an American ally.

And Rhonda posts some very good material thankfully outside the mainstream.

Cassandra Syndrome

thank you
Well said Rhonda15. An impartial outsider who views this website independently would view posts made by the likes of yourself as the more advanced in economic thought.

Cassandra Syndrome

cYp
Peter Schiff was called a loon and laughed back in 2006 when he predicted the crash. Max Keiser was in the same school of thought. He worked as a trader. He has a phd in Economics from New York University. He knows a hell of a lot more than you and indeed the makers of that masochistic fetish of yours called NAMA.

So stop poisoning new viewers to him and let them make their own minds .

Cassandra Syndrome

cYp
He had a show called the Oracle that was run by the BBC. Are the BBC not considered mainstream.

Feck off with your biased propaganda. This thread is about Max Keiser and you are going "off topic".

Dasayev

funny rant by Max Keiser - begins at 4mins 36sec

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsESMsIzBA&"]YouTube- The Oracle with Max Keiser - Goldman Sachs, AIG and dark matter (2 of 3)[/ame]

rhonda15

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWSwhn-AWc"]YouTube- Keiser on 'Tsunami alert': Dubai debt crisis awakes storm?[/ame]

the beginning of phase 2?

atlantic

Off and on the Misher and the Schiffter go at it about will it be deflation or inflation.Keiser is great with that dry wit,whats the name of the girl that on his show also ,she also pretty good.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies