• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Meaning of life with Gay Byrne

DS-09

Programme on RTE1 from 22:20-22:50. The caption on NTL info reads...

"(religion). Acclaimed Irish filmmaker and novelist Neil Jordan confesses to Gay Byrne that, although he does not identify himself as religious, he believes he has seen proof of the afterlife."

Don't know about you, but i'll be preparing a cuppa tay for this one! :p

Lidl_Shopper

All I have to say is Thank heavens I just got Sky installed.

Probably more spiritual insight to be had by watching Vicar of Dibley on DAVE. So, I shall.

DS-09

where did you read this JCSkinner?

DS-09

I see. Will be looking forward to watching it. btw don't know if you we're aware of it or not, but I like the way you put it in the last post "ghost.......nothing to see here". lol !

Hewson

i hope he told him Michael Collins was a pile of shyte and not to be putting any more double adaptors in ra films .
Merle, didn't you have a part in 'Deliverance'? That scene in the woods, I'm sure that was you with your pants down demanding piggy squeals from the fat boy. Fess up now.

The Big Fella is listening . . .

DS-09

Starting now...

wombat

I must confess I prefer the meaning of life without Gay Byrne.

Hewson

merle haggard

Merle, didn't you have a part in 'Deliverance'? That scene in the woods, I'm sure that was you with your pants down demanding piggy squeals from the fat boy. Fess up now.

The Big Fella is listening . . .
do you often have these fantasies ? fair play to you for talking openly about them..errn..not fair play actualy . Keep them to yourself in future please . Ikky .

Hewson

do you often have these fantasies ? fair play to you for talking openly about them..errn..not fair play actualy . Keep them to yourself in future please . Ikky .
Merle, I'd swear you were losing that famous Northern sense of humour. IKKY? Wha' da?

DS-09

Still nothing about the experience, maybe they'll talk about it in part 2

che schifo

AN INTERVIEW WHERE Stephen Fry told Gay Byrne God was evil has been nominated for a religious broadcasting award.
In the interview Byrne asked Fry, an atheist, what he would say to God if he met him at the “pearly gates” when he died.

“I’ll say: bone cancer in children, what’s that about?

How dare you. How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault. It’s not right. It’s utterly, utterly evil.

“Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain? That’s what I would say.”
Interview where Stephen Fry calls God evil is up for religious broadcasting award

LISTOWEL MAN

Stephen Fry was right

if there is a god then he is a sadistic bully and we shouldn't waste a second of our lives thinking about him

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies