The media obsession with silly, trivial Trump stuff

soubresauts

I glanced through the Guardian website today and noted a few headlines, most of them on the home page:

"If Trump testifies under oath, any lies would be perjury. Does he know that?"
"Trump survived James Comey's testimony, but the fallout could be fatal"
"'Unprecedented violations' Trump sued for not separating business ties"
"Trump travel ban / Another appeals court upholds block"
"Forget Julius Caesar – Trump is more like Richard III, Shakespeare’s satanic joker"
"Trump's unhinged tweets built the brand that made him president"
"Anti-Trump sentiment permeates LGBT Pride marches across US"
"Gloria Steinem: Trump has galvanised more activists than the Vietnam war"
"Shakespeare and Kathy Griffin: controversial art keeps targeting Trump"
"Republican senator tells Trump to stop tweeting about James Comey"
"'The revolution is well under way': how progressives are reacting to Trump's presidency"
... and so on, and so forth...

The Guardian's ongoing uncovering of "patriarchy" is just more of their Trump obsession:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2017/jun/09/the-week-in-patriarchy-blockbuster-week-of-news

Isn't it utterly ridiculous? Apart from anything else, it's an appalling waste of journalists' time. The Irish Times and many other organs are up to the same tricks and obsessions. To what purpose?

It's almost a surprise when you find a reasonable-looking headline, like here in the Guardian:
"How Trump’s actions and tone affect US alliances and perception on global stage"

I find myself in agreement with Jeremy Paxman:

“I don’t like these media class sneerings about Trump,” Paxman said. “I don’t share his politics on many things, but he was elected on that cockamamie system that they’ve got. He was elected president. And we should respect that.”

smitchy2

Yes and it is an orchestrated campaign led by CNN, the NYT and the Washington Post.
All negative attack pieces. Virtually nothing neutral, nevermind positive.

In this country- RTE, the Indo and Irish Times all take the lead from these bias privately owned news entities.

The credibility of these news entities is now shot as they are so unbalanced.

People used to laugh at Fox but we all see that these agencies and the Irish version are as biased.

jmcc

Trump made a bunch of rather dimwitted and shallow people look stupid. They'll never forgive him for that.

HenryHorace

Trump is gaining popularity in the latest polls in the US. People don't give a sh1te about this trivial nonsense, it's the economy stupid.

Cellachán Chaisil

Erudite Caveman

It has nothing to do with whether they agree with Trump or not. Trump means clicks. There is just as much inane sh1te on the likes of Fox.

Some people see a successful billionaire remaking the world, other people see an orange buffoon embarrassing himself and his country. Either way a huge number of people can't take their eyes off him.

GDPR

LOL, Trumpers reduced to "Dont pay attention to him."

He lives for attention.

Prester Jim

Trump made a bunch of rather dimwitted and shallow people look stupid. They'll never forgive him for that.
Trump supporters?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I glanced through the Guardian website today and noted a few headlines, most of them on the home page:

"If Trump testifies under oath, any lies would be perjury. Does he know that?"
"Trump survived James Comey's testimony, but the fallout could be fatal"
"'Unprecedented violations' Trump sued for not separating business ties"
"Trump travel ban / Another appeals court upholds block"
"Forget Julius Caesar – Trump is more like Richard III, Shakespeare’s satanic joker"
"Trump's unhinged tweets built the brand that made him president"
"Anti-Trump sentiment permeates LGBT Pride marches across US"
"Gloria Steinem: Trump has galvanised more activists than the Vietnam war"
"Shakespeare and Kathy Griffin: controversial art keeps targeting Trump"
"Republican senator tells Trump to stop tweeting about James Comey"
"'The revolution is well under way': how progressives are reacting to Trump's presidency"
... and so on, and so forth...

The Guardian's ongoing uncovering of "patriarchy" is just more of their Trump obsession:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2017/jun/09/the-week-in-patriarchy-blockbuster-week-of-news

Isn't it utterly ridiculous? Apart from anything else, it's an appalling waste of journalists' time. The Irish Times and many other organs are up to the same tricks and obsessions. To what purpose?

It's almost a surprise when you find a reasonable-looking headline, like here in the Guardian:
"How Trump’s actions and tone affect US alliances and perception on global stage"

I find myself in agreement with Jeremy Paxman:
Well around the time of the first press conference Trump and his press advisors who mostly seem to have disappeared now I did point out that his strategy of attacking the media from day one would bounce back on him and his Presidency.

And so it has proven to be the case. I'm on record back in January in pointing out that this strategy was a dreadful error that Trump and his team would come to regret.

The media is a constituency like any other but unlike any other it can hit back immediately and sustain it unlike the voters who are unfortunately obliged to wait four years.

Trump not only burnt his boats with that strategy from the off but actually shelled his own mansion on the shore first and dropped cannon-balls on his own feet in doing so. Probably because of his really small tiny little hands.

GDPR

Well around the time of the first press conference Trump and his press advisors who mostly seem to have disappeared now I did point out that his strategy of attacking the media from day one would bounce back on him and his Presidency.

And so it has proven to be the case. I'm on record back in January in pointing out that this strategy was a dreadful error that Trump and his team would come to regret.

The media is a constituency like any other but unlike any other it can hit back immediately and sustain it unlike the voters who are unfortunately obliged to wait four years.

Trump not only burnt his boats with that strategy from the off but actually shelled his own mansion on the shore first and dropped cannon-balls on his own feet in doing so. Probably because of his really small tiny little hands.
LOL, you think Trump had a "strategy"? Maybe the GOP did because they thought he could entertain the masses with his towering toilet tweets while they pressed on in the background.

He. Is. No. Normal. President.

One you get that clear, then it saves time all round.

soubresauts

There you go again! You make my point quite precisely.

Trump and his team don't regret that the journalists are obsessed with silly, trivial stuff when those journalists could be writing about significant stuff, like what Trump is doing about Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Palestine, China, NATO, the EU, and so on.

HenryHorace

CNN have all but given in on the Comey story after giving it their all this weekend the poor little sods. Better luck next time lads.

Hibee

They are utterly obsessed TBH . The Brit election has taken a bit of attention off but no doubt it will soon be back .

He proved them wrong and is trying to fulfil election promises . The Irish MSM cant handle it TBH .

Wagmore

CNN have all but given in on the Comey story after giving it their all this weekend the poor little sods. Better luck next time lads.
The only guarantee from the scumsuckers is that there will be a next time.

caledhel

There you go again! You make my point quite precisely.

Trump and his team don't regret that the journalists are obsessed with silly, trivial stuff when those journalists could be writing about significant stuff, like what Trump is doing about Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Palestine, China, NATO, the EU, and so on.
The news conference following the testimony was held on the event of the visit of the Romanian President. I don't know if it's that commonly known but President Iohannis' election was something of a surprise. He's a decent soul in a difficult job.

Romania is saturated in corruption and a recent attempt to legalise it was met with very significant and substantial protests. Indeed a couple of questions from the Romanian media were on this topic.

It seemed that the "draining the swamp" sentiment, that was a huge part of Trump's appeal to the voters, has a parallel with the situation in Romania and I thought that this must be why this visit was arranged. However, Trump didn't expand on it. Now, I know about it but how many watching would have picked up on this?

Perhaps the meeting was suggested by NATO officials as a discreet way to help Trump and it wasn't spotted by the Whitehouse staff. Additionally, the chance to voice at least concern and dissatisfaction with the situation in Ukraine after a direct question on Russia seemed like an ideal opportunity to mollify worries and it wasn't taken.

This demonstrates the President's need to take seriously the council of his diplomats. This is high politics and requires thoughtful preparation. In the end the President simply left himself open to wordplay. The optics confirm negative interpretations like that guy on Wall Street said.

Last week was Infrastructure Week, another guy (after arriving back from a trip overseas) asked so how did that go? Trump is strong on infrastructure. He should shift the conversation to this and get a plan together. He's being goaded too easily by the media and it's making him look erratic and weak. That's bad.

The President is a New Yorker and should understand that he's working for the American people and that they're looking for results. They're the boss, they decide.

HenryHorace

They are utterly obsessed TBH . The Brit election has taken a bit of attention off but no doubt it will soon be back .

He proved them wrong and is trying to fulfil election promises . The Irish MSM cant handle it TBH .
I have an image of CNN's top guys and gals all gathered around a bar last night completely hammered drowning their sorrows. :D

That network has been really exposed these last couple of years and its in terminal decline now.

Wagmore

Utter BS.Biased media scum had it in for Trump way before he got elected.Shameless and incapable of reform.They've met their match with Trump though and their bias has been badly exposed

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies