The Never-Enda Story

Disillusioned democrat

If there was more proof needed that Enda Kenny is a twit, here it is:

Kenny hits out over 'gossip' as wait goes on for announcement - Independent.ie

Kenny has dangled his departure date in front of people for months and now acts surprised that there's rumours and gossip.

What an idiot. The people of Ireland rejected him and large chunks of his party over a year ago but like a fart in a spacesuit he's hung around as Taoiseach propped up by FF who want to make sure FG is fully beat down before they force another election.

The members of FG have made it clear they don't want him as leader, but seem happy enough for the Walter Mitty of Irish politics to lead the country.

Meanwhile - despite taking "every waking moment" to run the country he's effectively running it into the ground - his 5 point plan ultimately came down to one point he never mentioned: extort Scandi tax rates, deliver 3rd world services and give the balance to your cronies.

Now he's surprised that his "on again, off again" departure planning - rivaled only by that other Colossus of Irish politics Bertie Ahern - is causing gossip!!! FFS - the country is facing the biggest challenge since "the Emergency" and we need a leader to lead, so it's no surprise we're talking about it.

Never-Enda Kenny, as I predicted 6 years ago, may well go down as the most unpopular Taoiseach ever, despite amazing competition for the title.

HarshBuzz

this is important stuff indeed, it should push Trump off the front pages

Socratus O' Pericles

this is important stuff indeed, it should push Trump off the front pages
as another poster says........non grantum anus rodentum................unsure about the vocabulary, the grammar or the scansion but I know what she means.

Munnkeyman

Has he figured out yet when he was told about the Tusla allegations?

HarshBuzz

as another poster says........non grantum anus rodentum................unsure about the vocabulary, the grammar or the scansion but I know what she means.
ah, it is trivial stuff though.

Enda is clearly having a wonderful time trolling Vlad and Coveney. So what? It's one of the few perks of power that are enjoyable.

HarshBuzz

Disillusioned democrat

ah, it is trivial stuff though.

Enda is clearly having a wonderful time trolling Vlad and Coveney. So what? It's one of the few perks of power that are enjoyable.
Yes, of course, because that's exactly what the country needs from it's supposed "leader" at the moment.

I'm no fan of Brian Cowen - but at least he went down swinging, not indulging in a bit amateur dramatics.

enuffisenuff

Enda thinks hes more important than he is..hes been yesterdays man for a good few years now..people are sick of him but hes waiting for some final good news breakthrough or something to sign off on as his legacy..something like Bertie's Northern card.....wont happen!!!

HarshBuzz

Yes, of course, because that's exactly what the country needs from it's supposed "leader" at the moment.

I'm no fan of Brian Cowen - but at least he went down swinging, not indulging in a bit amateur dramatics.
I think you're engaging in some serious dramatization here

When Enda resigns and a new FG leader is elected, what happens then?

• That new leader becomes Taoiseach
  • We have the same Dail situation
  • We have the same government (maybe a few of the old timers will step aside with Enda)
  • We will have the same set of challenges and opportunities as we do currently
  • We will have the same policy mix

Whether Enda went two months ago, today or even two months from now makes zero difference. Personally I wish he'd gone already but such is his right - it's not worth stressing over.

Rural

I heard a snippet of his speech on Morning Ireland this morning, he was all over the gaff and he mentioned "Deliverance" (the film I think) for no apparent reason or maybe he's calling the Electorate "Rednecks"!

greengoose2

I think you're engaging in some serious dramatization here

When Enda resigns and a new FG leader is elected, what happens then?

• That new leader becomes Taoiseach
  • We have the same Dail situation
  • We have the same government (maybe a few of the old timers will step aside with Enda)
  • We will have the same set of challenges and opportunities as we do currently
  • We will have the same policy mix

Whether Enda went two months ago, today or even two months from now makes zero difference. Personally I wish he'd gone already but such is his right - it's not worth stressing over.
We might see FF pull their support and an election could be called. That would cancel out your childish analysis above!

eoghanacht

Don't ride rats arses?

eoghanacht

eoghanacht

Top marks for the title of the thread anyway.

tsarbomb

I'm not a big fan of Enda, but I don't understand this clamor for him to leave office. His likely replacement will be either Leo or Simon who are both terrible compared to him, which is saying a lot.

Mushroom

We might see FF pull their support and an election could be called. That would cancel out your childish analysis above!
Only for a few weeks. Then Groundhog Day would resume.

Maybe you should adopt a longer perspective.

Mushroom

If Il Papa decides to visit Ireland next year (late August being the proposed and likely date), then it is IMPERATIVE that Enda (being one of Il Papa's bestest pals) remain in situ until after that date. Otherwise he'll be welcomed by an agnostic, Castro-loving President and a shirt-lifting Taoiseach!

Sister Mercedes

Be ironic if the delay allows Donohue to grab the prize instead of the ditherers Coveney and Varadkar.

New Threads

Most Replies