The Non Anglers Club

The OD

Hi all,

I am setting up a club for people WHO DONT ANGLE. This club will be solely for people who have no interest in the sport of Angling, who know nothing about it, nor have ever tried it, nor have any interest in ever tried.

In a nutshell, if you have never even heard of angling then you are a prime contender for membership!

The best thing about the Non Anglers Club is that we never meet, have no membership fees, have nothing in common, most of us arent even aware of others in the club. For us, not angling is not an issue in our lives at all.

However, we have had confrontations with Anglers, seeking to 'indoctrinate' us into the esoteria of Angling, why only last week I had a committed Angler telling me about his 'catches', you should have seen the smarmy look on his face. I decided to avoid confrontation and didnt mention my membership of the non Anglers club to him, best not to get into an argument with someone when the argument is so lopsided. I have no interest in Angling and never will, so why would I want someone trying to impress their love of Angling onto me? Hardly fair.

Dont get me wrong - if people want to Angle then fire away I say, so long as they dont get special treatment for their Angling then I can happily co-exist with Anglers, sure are some of my Family Anglers and Christmas at my folks is always wonderful because we all respect our love or our lack of love of Angling. So long as Angling isnt forced on me, then I have no issue with Angling.

I know it might seems strange to some people, the idea of a large, disparate group of people who's only point of commonality is their distinct lack of interest (or indeed belief) in something, being a homogenous group that shapes its thinking and it actiosn based on one, small lack of interest in something, but there you go.

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any other group that operates in a similar manner to us non anglers? Surely there must be?

I was thinking of inventing a secret handshake for us non Anglers, but I just found the idea to be a bit, well, unbelievable.

Thats us Non Anglers for you.

None of the above shenaniagans, thanks!

beanie

How do I become a member?
Does this post suffice as membership. And does anyone know where I can join a "non travellers action group".

Ah Well

Hmmmm ... haven't touched a fishing rod for YEARS but did catch a fair few aul perch with spinners in me time ... vicious little feckers (Irish equivalent of piranhas who eat anything - once caught one who had digested part of a tin can) with a top fin that would cut your hand off

Guess that rules me out of the Club?

;)

Pat Mc Larnon

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any other group that operates in a similar manner to us non anglers? Surely there must be?

Paisley used to run an 'Ulster Says NO' club. Not too sure if it is still on the go.

The OD

Hmmmm ... haven't touched a fishing rod for YEARS but did catch a fair few aul perch with spinners in me time ... vicious little feckers (Irish piranhas who eat anything - once caught one who had digested part of tin can) with a top fin that would cut your hand off

Guess that rules me out of the Club?
Stop oppressing us non - Anglers.....:mad:

The OD

How do I become a member?
Does this post suffice as membership. And does anyone know where I can join a "non travellers action group".
I've just registered you in the 'non travellers action group' - will be expecting a lot of non-action from you.

;)

Paisley used to run an 'Ulster Says NO' club. Not too sure if it is still on the go.
Paisley wouldnt be welcome in the non Anglers club, we like our membership to be broadminded and tolerant and whilst we wouldnt stop him becoming a member (we actually couldnt stop him if we tried) we certainly wouldnt have anything in common with, beyond the lack of Angling Amour......

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I have never so much as held a rod in my hand.
Much as I support the right of anglers to congregate and lie to each other about the ones that got away, they must do it in their own time, in a private location.

I will not tolerate people wearing waders in the workplace, or calling door to door telling us how they caught a bream last weekend. I'm a tolerant man but fair is fair.

The Caped Cod

The "sport" of angling? Since when has drining bevvies by the river been sport?

Now an ironicly named Angler Fish...

edor

Is non-angling really socially acceptable? Any father who raises a son only for him to turn around and say "I'm a non-angler" has to be disappointed.

Adapted from a well known poster.

edor

Ah yes, when all else fails, dig up the blasphemous imagery.

W@nkers like you have been around for 1,000s of years and unfortunately, will be around for a while yet.

(and again from the same poster)

The OD

I have never so much as held a rod in my hand.
Much as I support the right of anglers to congregate and lie to each other about the ones that got away, they must do it in their own time, in a private location.

I will not tolerate people wearing waders in the workplace, or calling door to door telling us how they caught a bream last weekend. I'm a tolerant man but fair is fair.
You're in.

Is non-angling really socially acceptable? Any father who raises a son only for him to turn around and say "I'm a non-angler" has to be disappointed.

Adapted from a well known poster.
Maybe years ago, but today being a Non Angler is De Rigour for the intelligentsia.

Will you welcome lapsed or former anglers?
Naturally.

Pfah - you can see the scare tactics that typify fundamentalist Anglists above.

scratchnsniff

I have tried to teach the gift of angling to my son, but alas he rejected it with the ever baleful cry of, "Daddy im bored". I blame the education system myself, none of the teachers at his school are anglers. preferring to cr,ap on about sheep.
I have tried to explain that it means we can eat fish every day and not just frydays, but alas he is lost to us. Why cant you non anglers leave us fish folk alone, If he turns up Gay, and floundering, it will be on your sole.

Dasayev

A great man once said;

I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully.
Perhaps these fine words could become the club's motto?

edor

You my friend are a slippery character. You need to take a look into your sole and decide wherther or not your are on the pier of rightiousness.

beanie

beanie

Ta Dahh!

The OD

I have tried to teach the gift of angling to my son, but alas he rejected it with the ever baleful cry of, "Daddy im bored". I blame the education system myself, none of the teachers at his school are anglers. preferring to cr,ap on about sheep.
I have tried to explain that it means we can eat fish every day and not just frydays, but alas he is lost to us. Why cant you non anglers leave us fish folk alone, If he turns up Gay, and floundering, it will be on your sole.
Oh cry me a(n) (over fished) river, if you hadnt tried to force your Angling ways upon him, he wouldnt have rebelled.

As for School - its no place for Angling. If you want Angling to be an issue then why not Conkers, Motorsports or Stamp collecting?

No, keep your Angling for outside School I say.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
This is a load of cod. You put up one red herring after another. Lucky for your boy he's the one that got away. 'Eel turn out ok now.

People like you need to be knocked off your perch and put in your plaice.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies