• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The Offical Glasgow/Newco Rangers FC thread

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Well I have only a passing interest in soccer, give me GAA or Rugby or Mixed Martial Arts (UFC) anytime. But since I have been accused of been overly hostile to unionism in the past, I thought I'd start a thread about something very close to their hearts and what better than Newco/Glasgow Rangers FC. Now I know their is a thread about Rangers and the end game, but this thread is about following the fortunes through the season of the mighty Rangers and their historic campaign in the Scottish Third Division.

So two games up and the Rangers are already looking good with the largest attendance ever at a Scottish 3 div game when they drew 2 - 2 against the might of Peterhead. And wouldn't it be great when the Rangers enter the Scottish Cup at the second round stage. They might be drew against some team who play on a roped off council park. That will be an eye opener eh ?

vivabrigada

Should we have a thread about minor Scottish league teams?

Aye, OK then, tell me about this record breaking outfit!

Jim Royal

In europe today playing against Berwick Rangers

Still nil nil

First time they have played Berwick Rangers, admittedly they have only played about 4 games in their history

Jim Royal

Drew one all, a draw is always a good result in England

We don't do winning away (copyright Ally McCoist)

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
1 win and 2 draws, Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea, watch out the Rangers are coming !!!!

friendlyfire

And they needed another honest mistake from the ref.Why are grade one officials getting The Rangers games and no other 3rd division games?

Nice that you are taking a interest PO'Neil.

Maybe a congratulations e-mail from you to The Rangers may be way too much for some of the fans from the new club!:D

Levellers

The only two Rangers fans I know said a) they would walk the division [I thought they would as well] b) they will be the first team to win a league with a 100% record.:shock:

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
The only two Rangers fans I know said a) they would walk the division [I thought they would as well] b) they will be the first team to win a league with a 100% record.:shock:
ROFL :lol:

vivabrigada

"Berwick fans taunted their more famous namesakes on the final whistle with gloating cries of: “Who are ya?”

It’s a question Ally McCoist and his players should attempt to answer this morning when they step up to the mirror to shave cheeks that should still be burning beetroot red with embarrassment".SFL Div Three match report: Berwick Rangers 1 Rangers 1 - Daily Record

Hilarious!

vivabrigada

"Rangers have to learn to fight for the right to party, but their fans needed no such invitation as they basked in the sunshine, fuelled by English licensing hours that saw boozers in the town at the mouth of the Tweed open from 9am.

However, the fans performed at times equally as badly as their team as the Billy Boys was dusted down for a couple of airings while hopes we could all say RIP to FTP in this new era for the Ibrox club appear, sadly, optimistic at this stage."

commonman

If the think that the will get back up the divisions quickly all the have to do is look at Leeds United seven years still trying to get back in to the big time.

The_SR

To be fair to Sevco FC, they have a number of players who played for a now defunct SPL club, have international and European experience and a lot have played in top leagues furher afield. They really shouldn't be being held by Berwick and Brechin. I wonder did these former Rangers players think they would stroll the division with their willies hanging out and are getting a rude awakening now...

picador

The tax-dodger Rangers are no more. On point of principle we should call them NewCo.

In fact we should have a poll:
Sevco FC or Glasgow NewCo?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

former wesleyan

Is it safe for you guys to drink Bovril again ?

WilliamLee

Never was a team called "Glasgow Rangers" or "Newco Rangers." Always helps when an OP gets their facts straight.
Perhaps you meant Rangers FC or The Rangers?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies