"The only party who will get rid of FF"?

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
The biggest card played again and again by FG is that they are the "only" party we can trust to ensure FF are put out of office. But given they may end up 2nd next time out to LP, would they be able to pass up the office of Taoiseach, if they could dress up a FG/FF coalition as "in the national interest"?

I've asked this recently, and been told that it meant I didn't understand FG. Now it appears, I'm not the only one. Brian Hayes today is quoted in the Indo as saying that a "unity" govt - including FF "makes sense" if formed after the next GE.

Cross-party coalition 'makes sense' - National News, Breaking News - Independent.ie

"I think because the difficulties are so severe for the country at the moment... it may well make sense that a national government would be made up of the three principal parties in Dail Eireann after a general election and after the public have voted and given a mandate to the particular parties," he said
So, where does this leave us? If a party spokesperson is saying this before the election, are we really to believe that they wouldn't take FF support after an election, particularly when it's their only way of getting the top job, and where Independent Newspapers are arguing for them to "bury civil war politics" in the "national interest" - following a change of leadership in FF of course.

Who was Alan Shatter cuddling when he read that this morning, one wonders.....

Hewson

The biggest card played again and again by FG is that they are the "only" party we can trust to ensure FF are put out of office. But given they may end up 2nd next time out to LP, would they be able to pass up the office of Taoiseach, if they could dress up a FG/FF coalition as "in the national interest"?

I've asked this recently, and been told that it meant I didn't understand FG. Now it appears, I'm not the only one. Brian Hayes today is quoted in the Indo as saying that a "unity" govt - including FF "makes sense" if formed after the next GE.

So, where does this leave us? If a party spokesperson is saying this before the election, are we really to believe that they wouldn't take FF support after an election, particularly when it's their only way of getting the top job, and where Independent Newspapers are arguing for them to "bury civil war politics" in the "national interest" - following a change of leadership in FF of course.
As Gilmore rightly said, this initiative is about keeping FF in office (along with the Greens) and spreading the subsequent blame for harsh decisions around politically. I'm so utterly cynical about politicians of all hues at this point that I don't believe they're capable of putting the interests of the citizens of this state before their own party and personal interests. They've all cashed in their chips where credibility is concerned and simply have none left. The expenses scam is still in full swing, as today's Independent' shows, the pathetic bickering continues and we have been saddled with un-repayable debts by a handful of shysters, aided and abetted by the ruling oligarchy of mafiosi in Government.

I only want Fianna Fail dumped from office. It's a small request. In some countries with more backbone firing squads would be lining up to dispense a more radical form of justice.

Iarmhi Gael

The idea of a National Government with Fianna Fail before any Elections is like The NHS asking Harold Shipman to be involved with the Direction of the medical service in the UK or the Irish Banks asking Sean Fitzpatrick to lead the change in the Irish Banking System.

dotski_w_

Website
The idea of a National Government with Fianna Fail before any Elections is like The NHS asking Harold Shipman to be involved with the Direction of the medical service in the UK or the Irish Banks asking Sean Fitzpatrick to lead the change in the Irish Banking System.
:D

Do you think Hayes will suffer consequences for this?

Edit - just noticed the word "before" - what woulod your attitude be to forming a coalition with them after the election?

Last edited:

turdsl

If Fianna Fail win the next election, they will be entitled to govern. At the moment
the lack the moral authority to run a a sweet job, They have destroyed our country and shamed the office of Toiseach. Our new Boss Mr Rihn will have to OK our budget, Our economic sovereignty has been given away by this government,Anyone who thinks our corporation tax will not be changed is living in
Fantasy Land.

Vincent Browne's tie

Brian Hayes - another one of the proclaimed golden Fine Gael young talents that were previously in Enda's "young team" to boot out FF and give the people a contract for a better Ireland...
He's some talent alright, a snivelling hack as far as I can see, and this again proves it, spineless.

Chuck de Mawl

The government we deserve?

If the people of this country have not yet figured out that they need to vote Fianna Fail out of existence, and then make sure to put manners on the other parties, then they deserve to be swindled, and sold to the IMF.

The price for letting the bubble build, covering it up, and dumping the country into massive debt should be political oblivion, not re-election.

If politicians do not have that consequence hanging over their heads, why would they respect the electorate? Ruin the country, allow massive injustice, mass unemployment, and it will be okay so long as we keep the local parish pump followers happy?

Our next election and behaviour immediately after will be interesting. It will send a clear signal of just how deep the sheep mentality is embedded in the national psyche.

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
After the next general election, the SIPTU slush fund people will walk out the door with their FF friends and walk back in with their Labour friends. The only real change is Fine Gael.

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
Not according to Deputy Hayes..... do you agree with him or not, btw...?
I don't agree with him at all - those who are responsible for the problem have no place in the next government. Let FF support the government from the opposition benches if they want.

Vincent Browne's tie

Poor little Alfalfa thinks FG will lose the next GE so he's running up the white flag in advance.
I think he's just admitting that he is more of an invertebrate than the current load of shysters who are now looking for their escape pods and "national government" after a 'few' tough budgets. A general election hasn't even been called yet and Hayes is mumbling about it.

oggy

If Fianna Fail win the next election, they will be entitled to govern. At the moment
the lack the moral authority to run a a sweet job, They have destroyed our country and shamed the office of Toiseach. Our new Boss Mr Rihn will have to OK our budget, Our economic sovereignty has been given away by this government,Anyone who thinks our corporation tax will not be changed is living in
Fantasy Land.
What do you mean FF have destroyed the country and shamed the office of Taoiseach ?
Others say FF have bankrupted the country
Others say FF are a cancer on the cancer
Others say FF must be destroyed
Others say FF people like me are scumbags

I am not destroyed, family is not destroyed, friends are not destroyed. In fact I do not know anyone who has been destroyed
Its a figment of the imagination within the ABFF. There are 299000 people full time unemployed and a high proportion of those are construction workers. We should have built another 500000 houses, 20000 factories, 100000 office blocks. 200000 miles of roads ? The ABFF get more stupid by the day and after two years in power thay will look a hundred times more stupid when they fail to perform the miracles they are promising now !

dotski_w_

Website
What do you mean FF have destroyed the country and shamed the office of Taoiseach ?

I am not destroyed, family is not destroyed, friends are not destroyed. In fact I do not know anyone who has been destroyed
Its a figment of the imagination within the ABFF. There are 299000 people full time unemployed and a high proportion of those are construction workers. We should have built another 500000 houses, 20000 factories, 100000 office blocks. 200000 miles of roads ? The ABFF get more stupid by the day and after two years in power thay will look a hundred times more stupid when they fail to perform the miracles they are promising now !
hard to imagine a less coherent defence of FF - I really wonder if you're not a FG troll trying to make them look stupid.

Franzoni

What f*****g planet are you living on.???? must be one of those FFers who lives in Bertieland..build thousands of houses and office blocks....:eek:

BTW i'm one of those construction workers whose life has been destroyed by you horrible c**ts in FF,you are the ones who unofficially deregulated the construction industry and let it be flooded with cheap labour and forced a lot of lads into becoming self employed or go on the dole or abroad,thats why the true figures of unemployment are not even worse,the self employed can't claim and a lot of lads would rather go abroad than the dole.........all to serve your mates in the CIF and IBEC...FF politicians were the majority (and still are) who got corrupt payments,brown envolopes and bribes out of all the political parties.. and the reason i stay and struggle on is because every day i pray to God that the ordinary people will see sense and rise up and wipe you bastards off the face of the earth for 90 years of misery,you did nothing except replace the brits with yourselves...and i'm staying in case it happens 'cause i don't want to miss out on the fun...

No wonder Cowen is on the gargle..i don't know ho him or Ahern can even look at themselves in the mirror or sleep at night for what they have done to families up and down this country...

callmedave

The only thing for sure, based on current/recent performance, is that FG are the only party that can ensure another 20 years of FF (mis)government. You can just imagine the infighting and fukking up that would go on in an FG government... they are sure to send the masses back home to FF!!!

anewbeginning

The only thing for sure, based on current/recent performance, is that FG are the only party that can ensure another 20 years of FF (mis)government. You can just imagine the infighting and fukking up that would go on in an FG government... they are sure to send the masses back home to FF!!!
FF are finished. They are going to lose at minimum 30 seats. People don't even care who the opposition is. If a monkey was leading Labour instead of your beloved Gilmore, Labour would still be doing well in the polls and at the next GE.

It's called a Protest Vote!! No-one cares who the opposition are, they will vote against the government. If you think people will flock back to FF at the next election because of how FG are behaving, you are very sadly mistaken.

All that is going to happen is how the carve up of FF/GP seats among Labour and FG pans out.

For Labour to be the largest party, they need to retain all their present seat and win every single FF/GP party seat up for grabs. Do you seriously think that's going to happen, ie Labour winning the 40 or so seats that FF/Greens will lose? Please get real!

FG are going to hold most if not all their present seats. After that, to say they won't pick up new seats from FF/GP losses and for all those new seats to go to Labour is just silly.

Both Labour and FG are going to gain seats from FF/GP losses. But Labour would have to gain them all. And that's simply not going to happen, not in your wildest dreams. But keep dreaming!

dotski_w_

Website
For Labour to be the largest party, they need to retain all their present seat
a big ask, given they are only polling about 3 times their previous vote :D

and win every single FF/GP party seat up for grabs.
if you beleive that, you haven't a clue as to how many are "up for grabs". I take it you're not into maths at all.....?

Do you seriously think that's going to happen, ie Labour winning the 40 or so seats that FF/Greens will lose? Please get real!
Fg will lose seats too on current polling....

FG are going to hold most if not all their present seats.
of the 3 reputable national polling companies, their average vote is up 1%. And the party they are competing with for most seats is up 20%. if you think they'll not lose any seats on that basis, yer daft as a brush.
After that, to say they won't pick up new seats from FF/GP losses and for all those new seats to go to Labour is just silly.

Both Labour and FG are going to gain seats from FF/GP losses. But Labour would have to gain them all. And that's simply not going to happen, not in your wildest dreams. But keep dreaming!
Everyone reading your posts can tell that if you didn't think it was going to happen, you'd be rather less hysterical about the whole thing....

So tell me, if it does happen, should FG support Gilmore as Taoiseach, or try to do a deal with FF?

anewbeginning

a big ask, given they are only polling about 3 times their previous vote :D

if you beleive that, you haven't a clue as to how many are "up for grabs". I take it you're not into maths at all.....?

Fg will lose seats too on current polling....

of the 3 reputable national polling companies, their average vote is up 1%. And the party they are competing with for most seats is up 20%. if you think they'll not lose any seats on that basis, yer daft as a brush.

Everyone reading your posts can tell that if you didn't think it was going to happen, you'd be rather less hysterical about the whole thing....

So tell me, if it does happen, should FG support Gilmore as Taoiseach, or try to do a deal with FF?
Dotski...I know you are big into polling but for the last time recent polls were only a snapshot.

It's like saying that because it's 12 degrees celcius outside today, a bit overcast, with some showers in the evening, that this day next year, it will be 12 degrees outside, a bit overcast and with some showers in the evening.

If the election was held tomorrow the polls might be accurate, but even then its doubtful, because to say FF and FG will get the same results is frankly wide of the mark and shows no understanding of the anger of most people.

Labour meanwhile have far less councillors than FG and far less people to canvass. Brand recognition is absolutely massive in Irish elections, and people will vote for the candidate they know over the candidate they don't know and this will tell massively against Labour.

Encumbancy is a huge advantage in Irish politics and no the next election will not be different.

Labour have massive organisational problems to overcome if they are to translate snapshot poll results into GE results. FG do not have those organisational problems to overcome.

needle_too

hard to imagine a less coherent defence of FF - I really wonder if you're not a FG troll trying to make them look stupid.
Unlike some of the others, I fear Oggy is actually real...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies