• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The other side of Adolf Hitler.

Most of the time when we think of Adolph Hitler we think of an evil tyrant with no capacity for compassion, yet this man was a talented artist.

If only he stuck at it.

CJH

He was a failed artist, wasn't he? Hence the bitterness and all that.

And is it only me, but does the mountain in the background of the last painting look like, eh, lady bits?

Riadach

I don't know, they seem to lack depth or a reflection of his mood. They are rather empty, but I'm not art critic.

baldur0300

I'm no art critic either but I find his painting rather poor.

Isn't that one of the theories as to why he began to hate the Jews, he was rejected by the Art College in Vienna and the letter was signed by a Jew.

The Trinity Politick

Hitler was a supposedly a very poor artist with little natural skill. While in Vienna (artistic capital of Europe) he attempted to gain entry to the Art College there and failed. Hence a venture into the darker side of the arts and into the occult- and the rest is history

The Trinity Politick said:
Hitler was a supposedly a very poor artist with little natural skill. While in Vienna (artistic capital of Europe) he attempted to gain entry to the Art College there and failed. Hence a venture into the darker side of the arts and into the occult- and the rest is history
I am quite intrested in the occult myself . Light is infinate and so is darkness, the occult is not all darkness, nor is it all light.

Henry Joy

}IknowurbutwhatamI{ said:
[quote="The Trinity Politick":3u4cf5d9]Hitler was a supposedly a very poor artist with little natural skill. While in Vienna (artistic capital of Europe) he attempted to gain entry to the Art College there and failed. Hence a venture into the darker side of the arts and into the occult- and the rest is history
I am quite intrested in the occult myself . Light is infinate and so is darkness, the occult is not all darkness, nor is it all light.

[/quote:3u4cf5d9]

Your time would be better spent mastering the dark art of spelling. :)

His work looks capable enough to have provided him with a good living as an illustrator. Who knows what might have been, had he not been subjected to the horrors of the WW1 trenches, followed by the economic despair visited upon Germany in the aftermath of that conflict? I would argue that his repugnant brand of political 'philosophy' was a product of his life experience.

hiding behind a poster

Are they supposed to be birds that are flying overhead in the top right of the second picture?

Or perhaps its the RAF..... :lol:

gahane

Re: The other side of Adolph Hitler.

}IknowurbutwhatamI{ said:
Most of the time when we think of Adolph Hitler we think of an evil tyrant with no capacity for compassion,
No, no, all of the time we think that. And he was a failed artist with little talent. He couldn't even sell those picture postcards on the streets.

popper

If quirk was still here he might show us some examples of Stalin's intricate tapestries.

seanad voter

I believe King Herod ran a brilliant creche too.

Defeated Romanticist

As the white teacher said to her Chinese musician students,
where's the spark?

Sure you could find anything like that on the wall of many a semi-D dormer and while they're not bad, their not good. He was an artist in all but talent, quite like myself.

pie xplorer

hmm. disagree here, not so much on the quality of the pictures (not at all qualified to judge that) but on the underlying assumptions that a good, or even great artist could not be responsible for such horror as Hitler was. Germany was perhaps the most cultured country in the world, steeped in music and literature, yet it was also perhaps the most barbaric. They could be the most wonderful pictures in the world, AH would still be the dregs.

L'Chaim

Gombeen said:
He was also a talented dancer by all accounts.

:lol: That is hilarious. I am falling around the room laughing at that

Armchair Activist

Well I would be tempted into quoting the old cliché "don’t quit your day job".... BUUUUUT on second thoughts! :roll:

Armchair Activist

Do you have any knowledge of where (or if) these paintings are kept?

I can only imagine their worth!