• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Outcome Of 1913 Lockout Paved The Way For What Happened During The Free State!

General Urko

My understanding is that the locked out workers were the losers in 1913 and that Sleeveen businessmen ala William Martin Murphy and the Catholic Church who by and large stood with those sleeveens were the winners!
What happened when we had our free state (actually, in my life time it has been a very expensive 'Free State'), in my opinion was that we replaced one set of Basts with our own native ones e.g. Sleeveen business men and clerical lunatics!:mad:
Any comments?

darkknight

[video=youtube;Q8QqK8YbbaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QqK8YbbaI[/video]​

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld

General Urko

that would be the succesor to "the freemans journal"

the same paper owned by wm. M . Murphy
the same paper that publicly called for the execution of james connolly
exactly!

corporal punishment

Willie O Dea makes an appearance in the video at 42 seconds.

devoutcapitalist

Larkin did time for embezzlement, I'm not surprised the likes of Jack O'Connor son't like to mention that fact.

Goa Tse

Fast forward 100 years from William Martin Murphy to Tony O'Reilly, there's fuck all difference. Same fuckin' servile sleveen media looking for an empire to brown nose.

sgtharper

I know virtually nothing about Larkin, though me Da (WUI) spoke well of him, but with reference to the derided article, what is there in it that is untrue? It's all very well shooting the messenger, but what about the message?

Genuine question.

Cruimh

Catalpast

Larkin was too confrontational and it would be interesting to read a biography of him that was at least somewhat neutral

Is there one?

brughahaha

Connolly ( whom i admire more than Larkin btw) probably did the most damage by throwing his lot in with nationalists and relegating social demands as secondary to "the national question" ... The following civil war ultimately killed a left right political divide and seperated us for 70 years from contemporary european ideological battles and social progress

neiphin

Connolly ( whom i admire more than Larkin btw) probably did the most damage by throwing his lot in with nationalists and relegating social demands as secondary to "the national question" ... The following civil war ultimately killed a left right political divide and seperated us for 70 years from contemporary european ideological battles and social progress
?

brughahaha

The one between 1922 and 1923 ( the only one Im aware of ) which divided Ireland into pro and anti treaty rather than left right for the next 80 years .......