• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Peace Process With Billy Wright Still Hovering Around?

General Urko

It's genuinely hard to believe that this individual was taken out without some level of collusion from the authorities!
If he wasn't what would be the impact of still having him around?
Mind you, Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair (Simply The Best) is still in the UK and he seems to have quitened or been quitened down a lot!

Ren84

Wright was a lunatic. He won't be missed and his killers should be praised.

Narcissist

What exactly was Johnny Adair 'simply the best' at? drug dealing? extortion? taking a lot of steroids?

RedCloud

It's genuinely hard to believe that this individual was taken out without some level of collusion from the authorities!
If he wasn't what would be the impact of still having him around?
Mind you, Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair (Simply The Best) is still in the UK and he seems to have quitened or been quitened down a lot!
A wee bit like pira finucane you mean ? :)

cricket

Wright was a nasty piece, one of many though. DUP have always been good at exploiting uneducated and disadvantaged, leading them to the brink and then abandoning them when the inevitable happens. Just look at the hoodied ranks of the flag protestors. When some of them end up in prison for the "cause", those who put them on the streets will tut tut and carry on as normal.

RedCloud

Wright was a nasty piece, one of many though. DUP have always been good at exploiting uneducated and disadvantaged, leading them to the brink and then abandoning them when the inevitable happens. Just look at the hoodied ranks of the flag protestors. When some of them end up in prison for the "cause", those who put them on the streets will tut tut and carry on as normal.
A wee bit like diss republicans, you mean ? :)

SgtBilko

Wright was a lunatic. He won't be missed and his killers should be praised.
Like a lot of your posts, Ren, you almost get there but not quite....

Wright was a lunatic..
Strongly agree.

He won't be missed.
Strongly agree.

and his killers should be praised.
Strongly disagree. His killer(s) were on the same sewer rat level as Wright. The last thing they deserve, is praise.

Aristodemus

That's not quite right. I do not think they abandon them. I remember seeing a rally where the "Reverend" William McCrea stood on a platform praising Wright despite the fact that he was a convicted felon.

between the bridges

As he was a terrorist involved in a murder campaign one can only assume he would now be a Councillor/MLA/MP/TD or even DFM... as he is no longer alive one can only assume there are sports teams/grounds/competitions named after him or perhaps a children's playground would be more appropriate...

cricket

A wee bit like diss republicans, you mean ? :)
To an extent you're right, except the dissos seem completely devoid of leadership, let alone strategy, besides wishing to impose more misery on at least one other generation.

cricket

That's not quite right. I do not think they abandon them. I remember seeing a rally where the "Reverend" William McCrea stood on a platform praising Wright despite the fact that he was a convicted felon.
McCrea, so mad as to make Paisley seem sane, used Wright and others in that manner.They then dropped them when no longer useful.

james toney

McCrea, so mad as to make Paisley seem sane, used Wright and others in that manner.They then dropped them when no longer useful.
Loyalists still haven't learned from that.

cricket

What did the IRA's foot soldiers learn from Marty's handshake with the Queen?

Was it all worth it for this?
I've posted about this on other threads before. McGuinness, Adams and others realised a long time ago that the " war " was futile and incapable of being won. To their credit, they didn't walk away but brought their people with them, helped greatly by John Hume. They devised a non-humiliating, rights based war exit strategy. The loyalists haven't even begun on that journey yet, hence the disorganised, leaderless mayhem around the flags protests. The big house DUP and UUP public reps see no reason to help that journey on it's way, at least not yet. Is there a Unionist version of John Hume ? So far, no.

between the bridges

I've posted about this on other threads before. McGuinness, Adams and others realised a long time ago that the " war " was futile and incapable of being won. To their credit, they didn't walk away but brought their people with them, helped greatly by John Hume. They devised a non-humiliating, rights based war exit strategy. The loyalists haven't even begun on that journey yet, hence the disorganised, leaderless mayhem around the flags protests. The big house DUP and UUP public reps see no reason to help that journey on it's way, at least not yet. Is there a Unionist version of John Hume ? So far, no.

bejasus CNR's did all that on their own? imagine if PUL's had been involved we might have got something like the GFA...

ps do tell were the 'dissidents' came from...

theloner

bejasus CNR's did all that on their own? imagine if PUL's had been involved we might have got something like the GFA...

ps do tell were the 'dissidents' came from...
From the fact the fourth green field has yet to bloom once again.:cool:

centauro

From the fact the fourth green field has yet to bloom once again.:cool:
Oh father dear father,

Why are all the fields so green,

Oh no my son, oh no my son,

Its not the way it seems,

In our dear land from end to end,

But sometimes seldom shows,

In every field of Ulster's soil,

The orange lily grows.

RedCloud

'war exit strategy' meaning administering British Rule at Stormont ?
Sure they could have had that in 1922 ? :)

theloner

Oh father dear father,

Why are all the fields so green,

Oh no my son, oh no my son,

Its not the way it seems,

In our dear land from end to end,

But sometimes seldom shows,

In every field of Ulster's soil,

The orange lily grows.
Cute. Happy new year by the way.