The People's Voice

eoghanacht

The People's Voice!

The People's Voice » November 27th » Congress - Irish Congress of Trade Unions

Anybody else see this today? I noticed it in my local newsagent and wondered if it had gone national.

It basically is a call to arms from the ICTU.

I have to say i'm a little bemused at J o'Connor, Begg etc and the other beards getting all militant when they were quiet happy to gorge themselves during the boom.

Still though i'm considering taking part on the 27th

Social Conscience

O'Connor & Begg must be bricking it if the IMF come into this country.

Would you consider taking part under a bannner that read "We're not the ICTU, we are just ordinary Irish taxpayers?'

budgie29

The People's Voice!

Anybody else see this today? I noticed it in my local newsagent and wondered if it had gone national.

I have to say i'm a little bemused at J o'Connor, Begg etc and the other beards getting all militant when they were quiet happy to gorge themselves during the boom.

Id love to attend a national protest to kick FF out of power but not with that idiot O'Connor calling for it. The unions will be redundant now that IMF are in.

What did O'Connor say about the time off for cashing checks - it would have to be negioated. The government are not the only ones living in a bubble.

The People's Voice!

Yeah, picked up a copy in the local chemist, they had a load of them there for the taking. First time I've seen it here in Castlebar. Interesting okay. Road to Damascus time again, I think, Eoghanocht. Amazing place, that road.

firefly123

No more marching for me. The last time was a joke. That muppet O'Connor doing his finest paisley impression in front of an empty dail. I want no more part in SIPTU/ICTU or any other buds of the government.

Emergency workers are in the final stages of forming our own union that does not lump us all in. All we have now is failed wannabe politicians who have no clue as to what our job entails. They make me want to puke everytime I hear their wafflespeak.

abccormac

Id love to attend a national protest to kick FF out of power but not with that idiot O'Connor calling for it. The unions will be redundant now that IMF are in.
What did O'Connor say about the time off for cashing checks - it would have to be negioated. The government are not the only ones living in a bubble.
While I'm not a fan of union leadership in this country, it would be very difficult to organise any large scale protest without union involvement.

The protest on Dec 7th is the one to be at.

No point protesting to another empty Dail on the 27th.

Dec 7th will be the day we take back the Dail.

Clanrickard

ICTU sold out, its leadership happy to play footsie with power over the last decade. It abdicated its responsibility. Croke Park (now dead in the water anyway) was a betrayal.
You are deluded mate. Croke Park was an absurd deal that the government has no hope of implementing. I expect the cuts in PS pay to come thick and fast.

Ethan Edwards

No more marching for me. The last time was a joke. That muppet O'Connor doing his finest paisley impression in front of an empty dail. I want no more part in SIPTU/ICTU or any other buds of the government.

Emergency workers are in the final stages of forming our own union that does not lump us all in. All we have now is failed wannabe politicians who have no clue as to what our job entails. They make me want to puke everytime I hear their wafflespeak.
I agree with your O'Connor statement, but what happened to frontline 24/7 was that not a new Union for Emergency workers (Garda, Army, Ambulance personnel, Firemen etc) what happened to them they have gone very quiet of the last number of months?

Socratus O' Pericles

If there were a march to condem O'Connor,Mc Loone (retired on€100k to the LRC),Cody,Horan and the likes I'd go on it. There is no such thing as activism in Ireland any more just a weary acceptance that the mashter whomever he or she might be, needs to be respected.

eoghanacht

O'Connor & Begg must be bricking it if the IMF come into this country.

Would you consider taking part under a bannner that read "We're not the ICTU, we are just ordinary Irish taxpayers?'
Absolutely.

The Deluded Unions are as culable as FF
and the Anglo board.

It might be a bit unweildy

firefly123

I agree with your O'Connor statement, but what happened to frontline 24/7 was that not a new Union for Emergency workers (Garda, Army, Ambulance personnel, Firemen etc) what happened to them they have gone very quiet of the last number of months?
24/7 frontline alliance started without the permission of the unions. SIPTU for one went mental about it. It was a loose affiliation of all the emergency workers who didnt fit in to the unions plans.
It went quiet due to pressure from the big unions.
The new union is a separate thing altogether. 24/7 was never meant to be a union just a voice to prevent the big unions from trying to shaft us.

JemmyR

Look at page 2. The article there is by none other than a Fianna Failer, Gary Redmond. The student leader who condemned the students who were beaten up by the gardai.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies