The Plight of Shelbourne Mirroring The Celtic Tiger Without the Upturn

General Urko

I just listened again to the excellent Newstalk documentary on Ollie Byrne and the excellent topsy turvey ride he had with Shelbourne! Certainly a unique personality type and a man who dreamed big!

Podcasts - Documentary on Newstalk - Newstalk Documentaries -...

I can't help feel that Shelbourne's rise from the ashes and ultimate return there in a sense mirrored the Celtic Tiger Journey without the upturn!

BTW whatever you felt about Ollie and the way he had about him, your heart would got out to him and his family over the way his life ended!

automaticforthepeople

The documentary was a repeat from earlier this year. It gave a really good insight into how League of Ireland Clubs were run. However it guilded the lily for me a little.

I cannot understand how if the tables were turned and it was the club owner who found himself in the position that Ossie Kilkenny was in 2006, would he not have been looking for his pound of flesh too?

General Urko

The documentary was a repeat from earlier this year. It gave a really good insight into how League of Ireland Clubs were run. However it guilded the lily for me a little.

I cannot understand how if the tables were turned and it was the club owner who found himself in the position that Ossie Kilkenny was in 2006, would he not have been looking for his pound of flesh too?
Sorry I don't get the reference!

Northsideman

Shels would be better to feck off back to the southside, they've never got into the fabric of the northside and never will, only attracted jobsh!te supporters like Finian McGrath and there're welcome to him.

PBP voter

The football crowd in Ireland are just one big joke.

They couldn't run a hen house.

Not helped by the general public of course who hand over tens of millions to British teams.

Irish soccer fans spent

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies