The political ramifications of the Super Bowl...

spidermom

Oops TA...heart says Saints...but Head says Colts!!

Giants fan here...would love to see two brothers....two quarterbacks...two superbowls...two rings....(sod the political ramifications....!!)

better post back quick...off to start watching!!!!

Actually, I remember now, having re-read Gabha Oir's explanation of what '2nd and 8' means:
Toxic. If I attempt to move the ball from the 50yd line to the opposition's 40 I have 4 attempts. If i manage to move it 1 yd I have a 2nd down and nine. If I attempt again and move it another yard I wil have a 3rd down and 8. If I then move it another yard I have a forth down and 7. I can then choose to go for the final seven yards or kick for a field goal. If it's near the end I might go for a Hail Mary play which involves a Garyowen scenario where I fV,ck the ball into the air and let every body scramble for it in the end zone. All clear. Excellent. Then you spike it and the ball gets taken back to the line of scrimmage.
and dsmythy's:

6 points for a touchdown. You can run it in or throw it in. You get a "conversion" after which is worth 1 point. You get 4 chances to move the ball 10 yards. When you get 10 yards you get another 4 chances to move another 10 yards hopefully eventually getting to the endzone for a touchdown. If you are on your fourth go but don't want to lose the ball should you fail to get the yards you can kick a field goal (similar to a rugby penalty) for 3 points. Very basic explanation.

CookieMonster

Jesus, I remember the last superbowl thread.

CookieMonster

I may be too drunk to contribute to this one. In fact I am, i know because I am too drunk to figure out how to sort out the live streaming.

Emerald Green

I reckon it'll be a rout. Still wouldn't rate this Colts team as one of the true greats. Is this really just an example of how great Peyton is?

Bobert

So.. this is rugby for homos then?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies