• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The 'politically correct' Kaczyński stirs up old ethnic hatreds thread

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
Jarosław Kaczyński, leader of the Catholic nationalist PiS (Law and Justice) party, attempts to stir up old hatreds between Poles and Germans.

Jaros
By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.

Conor

By means of explanation: Jarosław Kaczyński is Polish. He made his speech in Poland. Poland is a medium-sized country in Central Europe. The citizens of this country are called 'Poles'. Poland has a history of conflict with Germany. For example, Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

I think conflict is 'bad'. I believe it is a 'bad thing' for politicians to cause conflict.

I hope the above explains the context of the O.P.. I have also, as requested, expressed an opinion on the matter.
What was his speech about?

olli rehn

Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
What was his speech about?
From the link:

Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
Hope this helps.

Clanrickard

Jarosław Kaczyńsky and his brother have been always full of s hit. Thanks bit to God the crap was reduced by 50 % some years ago.
May be Jaroslaw takes the next plane to Russia and through some more devine intervention the verbal diarrhea ends.
Hoping people die. Charming.

Conor

From the link:
Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s main opposition party, PiS, ‘Law and Justice’, during a visit to Opole in Silesia, which has a substantial German minority population, suggested that Poland has been far too ‘idealistic’ to its German minority.

In his visit to Opole, on Saturday, 8th December, Jarosław Kaczyński stated that, “Germans in Poland should have the same rights as Poles in Germany.” He went on to claim that ‘privileges’ provided to the German minority in Silesia encouraged ‘separatism’.

Kaczyński is hoping to stage a March in Opole in May under the slogan Tu jest Polska, ‘Poland is here’.
Imho, it was about stirring up ethnic hate.
I think your OP would be improved greatly by editing it to include these helpful elements.

Warren Poynt

Would these Germans in Poland be former residents of the 'old' Prussia which was dissolved at the end of WW2 in the redrawing of European country boundaries ?

Many Prussians fled westwards with the advance of the Soviet armies but a great proportion stayed put.

Analyzer

There was a time in the last century when the financial power of Germany was able to sway media opinion making opinion in some countries in eastern europe.....thankfully we never becamse part of that....

meriwether

Are these the fellows who were part of Libertas?

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
Would these Germans in Poland be former residents of the 'old' Prussia which was dissolved at the end of WW2 in the redrawing of European country boundaries ?

Many Prussians fled westwards with the advance of the Soviet armies but a great proportion stayed put.
Very few did. Those who stayed were of a mixed Polish/German background.

parentheses

Its quite understandable the Poles might still be concerned about German revanchism. Not that its any of my business but I would say there should be limits on German settlement into the Slav countries. The Germans burned their bridges with the Slavic population