The politician who you think someone should make a film about.

McSlaggart

I love a film about David Davis (even his name is comical <sorry but you could not make it up>)

The man is a comic masterclass... this is how he carried out the first day of the most important negotiations the UK has ever had :

"Brexit secretary David Davis took part in less than an hour of discussions with the EU on the first day of substantive negotiations with Brussels before his early return to Westminster prompted suggestions that the government’s parliamentary weakness was impeding the talks. "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/17/david-davis-leaves-brussels-after-less-than-one-hour-of-brexit-talks

Perfect part for Ardal O'Hanlon

Noel Browne.

storybud1

Diane Abbott + Corbyn with the cast of Monty Python,,

if you think Trump could not be made up, you ain't seen nothing,,

Quebecoise

The Healy Rae dynasty. With a full-on 80s Dallas/Dynasty intro (i.e. each Healy Rae turning swiftly towards the camera smiling with drink in hand, interspersed with images of farming in Kerry, and a sweeping, booming orchestral score in the background. 'With guest stars Dick Spring and John O'Donoghue; and special guest star Martin Ferris).

General Urko

Dr. Biffo Cowen, a tragi-comedy, perhaps in parallel with the serious stories of a suicide victim who took their life because of the downturn, that The EU apparently forced on top of us and of a working class person dying on a hospital waiting list waiting to be diagnosed with a serious illness.
Except again, absolutely nobody would believe such a thing could ever happen, well nobody outside Ireland.

General Urko

The Healy Rae dynasty. With a full-on 80s Dallas/Dynasty intro (i.e. each Healy Rae turning swiftly towards the camera smiling with drink in hand, interspersed with images of farming in Kerry, and a sweeping, booming orchestral score in the background. 'With guest stars Dick Spring and John O'Donoghue; and special guest star Martin Ferris).
One on The Tipp political class could be equally good!

General Urko

Mick Grommit Wallace!

General Urko

Mickey Higgins!

General Urko

Mary Robinson and end it with a 5 Million Euro 'intrepretive centre in Castlebar!

General Urko

I love a film about David Davis (even his name is comical <sorry but you could not make it up>)

The man is a comic masterclass... this is how he carried out the first day of the most important negotiations the UK has ever had :

"Brexit secretary David Davis took part in less than an hour of discussions with the EU on the first day of substantive negotiations with Brussels before his early return to Westminster prompted suggestions that the government’s parliamentary weakness was impeding the talks. "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/17/david-davis-leaves-brussels-after-less-than-one-hour-of-brexit-talks

Perfect part for Ardal O'Hanlon
Davies is at an ability level, where he would not look out of place in any Irish Government Cabinet!

blokesbloke

Joan Burton, of course.

Narrated by me.

You could call it, Ireland's Greatest Ever Tánaiste

blokesbloke

Then there's my Seanie.

Ireland's Eternal Shame: The Greatest President Ireland Never Had and how RTÉ were Complicit in Denying The Irish People His Benign Rule.

Hunter-Gatherer

diarmuid mac murrchada

farnaby

Sean MacBride. Republican aristocracy, child soldier, prisoner, escapee, human rights lawyer, (failed) politician, diplomat, Catholic, peace campaigner, minor architect of European union, Amnesty International, Nobel prize. What a life, whatever you think of him.

Mushroom

Mushroom

Sean MacBride. Republican aristocracy, child soldier, prisoner, escapee, human rights lawyer, (failed) politician, diplomat, Catholic, peace campaigner, minor architect of European union, Amnesty International, Nobel prize. What a life, whatever you think of him.
You omitted to mention his Lenin Peace Prize (1975/76)!

I still recall the Sunday Telegraph's obituary of him, entitled "Death of an Evil Man"!

RadicalJacobin

An action-film/James Bond style retelling of the Water charges debacle, of course from the Fine Gael Labour perspective. After the mysterious disappearance of Phil Hogan, Alan Kelly is tasked with "saving" the ungrateful Irish people from the evil menace of...Anti-Irish Water protesters! Kelly will be the typical Bond hero with Enda playing M(later revealed to be Redacted), the bond woman will be of course Joan Burton :rolleyes:

I call this masterpiece........ License to Bill

Franzoni

Carry on Ridiculous....

The front bench of Fine Gael or their counterparts in Fianna Fail could play the Carry on team..... wouldn't really matter too much....

Mushroom

Carry on Ridiculous....

The front bench of Fine Gael or their counterparts in Fianna Fail could play the Carry on team..... wouldn't really matter too much....
Or how about:-

Dumbo and Dumber?

New Threads

Most Replies