The Possible Demise Of The Army Council

Dame_Enda

The article made it clear SF was approving the beatings. However your point is valid the Loyalists are at it too but loyalist terrorists never got much of an electoral mandate
That article is 18 years old and doesnt necessarily reflect the current situation.

Cilldara_2000

That article is 18 years old and doesnt necessarily reflect the current situation.
CmdrRiker was blathering on about this so called article he can't link to in another thread: Irish General Election 2020 - Candidates, Polls, Predictions and Results

As far as I can see he's either reading this ancient article you refer to here, or the more recent one I refer to there, which is totally in the past tense as regards the provisional IRA.

If it was actually the case that punishment beatings are being directed out of SF Belfast HQ in recent times, surely the anti-SF brigade would have been shouting it from the rooftops. As they weren't and the only mud they could find to throw was in relation to the murder of Paul Quinn 13 years ago, I'm entirely incredulous at this claim.

@riker1969 At the very least in the absence of a link, can you at least say what publication it was in, who wrote it, and what date it was published. Otherwise, I'm writing off your contributions in the respect, as unproven ramblings. I expect any reasonable reader would also do so.

Mickeymac

CmdrRiker was blathering on about this so called article he can't link to in another thread: Irish General Election 2020 - Candidates, Polls, Predictions and Results

As far as I can see he's either reading this ancient article you refer to here, or the more recent one I refer to there, which is totally in the past tense as regards the provisional IRA.

If it was actually the case that punishment beatings are being directed out of SF Belfast HQ in recent times, surely the anti-SF brigade would have been shouting it from the rooftops. As they weren't and the only mud they could find to throw was in relation to the murder of Paul Quinn 13 years ago, I'm entirely incredulous at this claim.

@riker1969 At the very least in the absence of a link, can you at least say what publication it was in, who wrote it, and what date it was published. Otherwise, I'm writing off your contributions in the respect, as unproven ramblings. I expect any reasonable reader would also do so.

I gave up reading such sh1t some time ago, strange though, the way it worked out, was undoubtedly instrumental in the SF vote surge.

Dame_Enda

He must be spending too much time in the holodeck.

riker1969

Just goggle punishment beatings Irish independent and the latest article . Read it. I tried a few times to link it. Don't worry I don't offence from barely literate types. Say what you like about the blue shirts but they write full sentences and generally avoid personal attacks. Given I value my knees I shall desist from commenting further.

Mickeymac

Just goggle punishment beatings Irish independent and the latest article . Read it. I tried a few times to link it. Don't worry I don't offence from barely literate types. Say what you like about the blue shirts but they write full sentences and generally avoid personal attacks. Given I value my knees I shall desist from commenting further.
Seems you need more than a lie down pal.

Mickeymac

Again with the personal attacks

Ambulance and White coats together with limb restraints should appear presently pal. You

Dame_Enda

And that article says that of the punishment-shootings in 2019, all but two were carried out by the New IRA. The NIRA are a dissident Republican group. Also the article says that 49 out of 67 punishment beatings in 2018 were carried out by Loyalists. I don't see what this has to do with the Provisional IRA or SF?

riker1969

And that article says that of the punishment-shootings in 2019, all but two were carried out by the New IRA. The NIRA are a dissident Republican group. Also the article says that 49 out of 67 punishment beatings in 2018 were carried out by Loyalists. I don't see what this has to do with the Provisional IRA or SF?
Read it all the way to the end.

Dame_Enda

Read it all the way to the end.
I did. In fact this is the second time I've seen that article.

I think FF and FG are putting the peace process in serious jeopardy by reopening old wounds. FG has only just negotiated the restoration of powersharing in NI and is now turning around and arguing for the opposite in the South. Unionism can quite legitimately look at this and cry hypocrisy.

riker1969

I did. In fact this is the second time I've seen that article.

I think FF and FG are putting the peace process in serious jeopardy by reopening old wounds. FG has only just negotiated the restoration of powersharing in NI and is now turning around and arguing for the opposite in the South. Unionism can quite legitimately look at this and cry hypocrisy.
The article is somewhat confusing by mainly talking about the new IRA and then switches to talking about SF which is not associated with the new IRA. I find it hard to accept that SF accepts the PSNI but still involves itself in these beatings? The time will come when SF it's to be the main party in Ireland will have to Abandon the thuggish element and fully accept the organs of the state. Remember Dev removed the ban on the IRA in 1932 but reimposed it in 1936 and then hung a few IRA men as well as clamping down on the IRA harshly.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies