• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The protest in Dublin today, did it achieve anything?

Ribeye

Just seeing it on the news, looks like they got a decent sized crowd,

Poor misguided fools:(

stakerwallace

I'm sympathetic to the sentiments of the marchers but a small crowd, which 8-10000 is, can be detrimental to the issue.

Troy_337

Last edited:

hiding behind a poster

hmmm

It has sent out the message that Ireland is looking at a general strike. Just as we are getting back on our feet as a country it appears that the elites in the unions are on the verge of setting us back.

I wish too the anti-austerity crowd would present themselves as what they are - the "increase tax on everyone except us" march.

Fullforward

I expected AT LEAST 25,000 to march.

Ribeye

Every little helps. But we need more.
Marches against "living within our means" organised by union scum are the opposite of what we need,

They are effectively shouting, "give us more of other peoples money"

Lambs led by wolves!

henryhill

It has sent out the message that Ireland is looking at a general strike. Just as we are getting back on our feet as a country it appears that the elites in the unions are on the verge of setting us back.

I wish too the anti-austerity crowd would present themselves as what they are - the "increase tax on everyone except us" march.
In what sense are we "getting back on our feet"?

Crazy horse 6

Did'nt go because of the unions. Refuse to march alongside them. They are as bad and as culable as FF/FG/Labour for the mess we are in.

Ribeye

"Getting back on our feet"

Sheesh, I hope you're not in the medical profession:)

hmmm

In what sense are we "getting back on our feet"?
Unlike you and your merry band of doom mongerers, most of this country is feeling more secure about their jobs, most realise that the boom was fake prosperity and most can see that the efforts to rebuild our finances are beginning to bear fruit.

Which is a large reason why SF have seen their support drop away, as people move back to mainstream parties rather than embracing the lunatic fringe.

BlackLion

Did'nt go because of the unions. Refuse to march alongside them. They are as bad and as culable as FF/FG/Labour for the mess we are in.
That and the opposition parties that were there as well. No way i will support parties that will do to me what the current parasites are doing now.

henryhill

Unlike you and your merry band of doom mongerers, most of this country is feeling more secure about their jobs, most realise that the boom was fake prosperity and most can see that the efforts to rebuild our finances are beginning to bear fruit.

Which is a large reason why SF have seen their support drop away, as people move back to mainstream parties rather than embracing the lunatic fringe.
So, your answer is that perception has improved.
Unfortunately, the reality is that jobs are not more secure and finances not any more sustainable.

If the government were as good at sorting those out as it was with our PR image, we'd be doing well.

Ribeye

Woman on the news,

"my car will be off the road if they cut my child benifit"

Epic fail!

Troy_337

Thousands marched while tens of thousands shopped. Are people really THAT angry?

Yes, they are - that's quite a mob on the streets! ::shock2:

Has the march achieved ANYthing?
[video=youtube;UhuvBlqF58Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhuvBlqF58Q[/video]

Last edited: