The reality of Sinn Fein

Cruimh

Our green chums have been in overdrive slagging off Unionists and Unionism. Accusations of bigotry, sectarianism and insensitivity abound. Lack of respect and insensitivity for the feelings of the other community.

Projection

This is the reality of Sinn Féin and the pan-nationalist alliance - on the anniversary of the sectarian Kingsmills Massacre of 10 Protestant Workmen Barry McElduff posts a video of himself with a loaf of Kingsmill Bread on his head.

Sinn Féin MP apology over Kingsmill tweet on massacre anniversary - BBC News

Mr McElduff said he had no intention to offend, but unionists have condemned his actions.
DUP MLA for Newry & Armagh William Irwin has called on the Sinn Féin leadership to explain why Mr McElduff posted "such a bizarre video".
So enough with the pious finger-pointing OPs about how dreadful Unionists are .....

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Kingsmill on the head". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack O Neill

Our green chums have been in overdrive slagging off Unionists and Unionism. Accusations of bigotry, sectarianism and insensitivity abound. Lack of respect and insensitivity for the feelings of the other community.

Projection

This is the reality of Sinn Féin and the pan-nationalist alliance - on the anniversary of the sectarian Kingsmills Massacre of 10 Protestant Workmen Barry McElduff posts a video of himself with a loaf of Kingsmill Bread on his head.

So enough with the pious finger-pointing OPs about how dreadful Unionists are .....
Will you need counseling ? Is there anywhere you can get emergency counseling at the weekends ?

silverharp

i had a look at the video, it looks like a dad joke gone wrong, didnt see any wink wink to the camera.

McSlaggart

i had a look at the video, it looks like a dad joke gone wrong, didnt see any wink wink to the camera.
In his apology, Mr McElduff said: "Had not realised or imagined for a second any possible link between product brand name and Kingsmills anniversary.
"Further, I apologise for any hurt or offence caused. Never my intention to offend anyone who has suffered grievously."
In a later statement, he added: "I apologise unreservedly for the hurt and pain this post has caused."

silverharp

In his apology, Mr McElduff said: "Had not realised or imagined for a second any possible link between product brand name and Kingsmills anniversary.
"Further, I apologise for any hurt or offence caused. Never my intention to offend anyone who has suffered grievously."
In a later statement, he added: "I apologise unreservedly for the hurt and pain this post has caused."

seems reasonable, the timing is off but if the bread name was so relatable then they would have changed the brand name

McSlaggart

Projection

Honestly the jump for a loaf of bread on ones head to a Massacre would never have entered his head. When was the last time you looked at one of those loafs in the shop and though about the attack?

CastleRay

Honestly the jump for a loaf of bread on ones head to a Massacre would never have entered his head. When was the last time you looked at one of those loafs in the shop and though about the attack?
Not a lot enters his head but as he’s a Shinner I doubt very much this was not thought through in advance along with his apology. The question is more if it was a solo run or if he was asked to do this by a higher power within Sinn Fein?

Cruimh

Right so - just coincidence that he chose to film that particular loaf of bread on his head, the way you do like, and Tweet it on the anniversary of one of the IRAs most disgusting sectarian massacres ....

vivabrigada

Not a lot enters his head but as he’s a Shinner I doubt very much this was not thought through in advance along with his apology. The question is more if it was a solo run or if he was asked to do this by a higher power within Sinn Fein?
That was crass and stupid. I can't see why he would have purposely done it, though, whats your theory?

McSlaggart

Right so - just coincidence that he chose to film that particular loaf of bread on his head, the way you do like, and Tweet it on the anniversary of one of the IRAs most disgusting sectarian massacres ....
It would have been at most a 1 : 4 chance that he picked up that brand. As for the day who actually remembers what date the kingsmill event occurred? Do you?

silverharp

would you have known it was the anniversary assuming you hadnt read about it this week? i doubt i could tell you the date of any terrorist incident except 11/9

GDPR

Oh seriously are you pleased the vast bulk of people on these Isles consider the PUL in Ulster to be made up of hysterically sensitive and paranoid nasty minded savages? Because the above post is re-enforcing of that view.

And why did Mac Elduff apologize as opposed to tell his critics to stop being such special little snowflakes and reading into things stuff that obviously isn't there? That was pathetic on his part and objectively not helpful at all to the situation.

theloner

Suspect this is an 'Arlene's on fire' in the La Mon House Hotel moment. However, what's definitely clear is that not all McElduff's dogs are barking, and quite possibly never have been. Isn't that other Shinner eegit from up that neck of the woods, the Flanagan fella?

CastleRay

Oh seriously are you pleased the vast bulk of people on these Isles consider the PUL in Ulster to be made up of hysterically sensitive and paranoid nasty minded savages? Because the above post is re-enforcing of that view.

And why did Mac Elduff apologize as opposed to tell his critics to stop being such special little snowflakes and reading into things stuff that obviously isn't there? That was pathetic on his part and objectively not helpful at all to the situation.
That’s the way SF portrays the PUL community. Here’s another instance to allow that to happen. I’d be amazed if McElduff didn’t know it was the anniversary of the Kingsmill massacre, it’s been all over social media all week. He’s all over social media too.

former wesleyan

Jim Allister said it was tasteless. Not sure if he meant the bread or the shinner.

vivabrigada

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies