• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The Republican revolt against Trump

GDPR

To think he could have been one too if only those bone spurs hadnt prevented him taking a commission in the US military! He could have served his tour(s) in Vietnam and in the (highly unlikely) event he wasn't fragged by his own platoon or left for the vietcong he would no doubt have displayed all the qualities a staff officer needs to advance.
Honour (note the U)
Integrity
Humility
Calm under pressure
Civility
And most importantly Loyalty

He'd be America's first 6 star general.
But chances are he'd be Vietnamese fertilizer.

Damn those magical spurs!!
Well, at least he makes for a half-decent apologist for Soviet aggression.

Prester Jim

To think he could have been one too if only those bone spurs hadnt prevented him taking a commission in the US military! He could have served his tour(s) in Vietnam and in the (highly unlikely) event he wasn't fragged by his own platoon or left for the vietcong he would no doubt have displayed all the qualities a staff officer needs to advance.
Honour (note the U)
Integrity
Humility
Calm under pressure
Civility
And most importantly Loyalty

He'd be America's first 6 star general.
But chances are he'd be Vietnamese fertilizer.

Damn those magical spurs!!
Trump's Vietnam bone spur diagnosis made as 'favor' to father: report

I just can't believe Fred Drumpf did this, if Donald knew he would have been furious no doubt...

Jack Walsh

Trump's Vietnam bone spur diagnosis made as 'favor' to father: report

I just can't believe Fred Drumpf did this, if Donald knew he would have been furious no doubt...
Trump is actually capable of saying his "bone spurs" denied America victory in Vietnam, as they would have won if he had been able to fight.
Instead America was let down by loser wimps like John Mc Cain and John Kerry
What's more there are dolts on this site who would agree

Just as they swallowed his laughable claim that if he had been at Parkland High School he'd have charged in unarmed and taken out the shooter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/trump-school-shooter-florida.html

This was after he shot 58 at Augusta and knocked out Anthony Joshua in the first round.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Surprised he hasn't just invented a successful military career. It worked for Idi Amin who awarded himself lots of medals including the Victoria Cross.

Gwannow

Cant blame him for dodging the draft. Anyone with any sense should've done that. His anto war stance was one of the reasons he got elected.
Just the qualities of character America needs in a president; a true blue coward.

arsenal

True.

They need at least 13 to successfully get rid of the motherf**ker.
13? For impeachment to be successful you need two thirds of the senate,which is 67 votes,meaning you need 20 GOP votes. The 60 vote mark is for the filibuster.

Gwannow

Some people admire Trump for his "anti-war" ideals, because he dodged the draft during the Vietnam war, but his hawkish diatribes belie that. I don't believe that he dodged in 1970's for his altruism, but that he did it for selfish reasons. It is only recently that he was boasting of ordering 59 missiles in Syria- which many innocent non-combatants were killed. I think he selects his country's enemies selectively. Helpless men, women and children from the other America seem to be firmly in his cross-hairs. A real fighting army such as the NVA and Veitcong are too fierce for his nasty persona.

Dame_Enda

Some people admire Trump for his "anti-war" ideals, because he dodged the draft during the Vietnam war, but his hawkish diatribes belie that. I don't believe that he dodged in 1970's for his altruism, but that he did it for selfish reasons. It is only recently that he was boasting of ordering 59 missiles in Syria- which many innocent non-combatants were killed. I think he selects his country's enemies selectively. Helpless men, women and children from the other America seem to be firmly in his cross-hairs. A real fighting army such as the NVA and Veitcong are too fierce for his nasty persona.
If you are referring to the attack on the base from which missiles were fired, hardly anyone was killed there.

Gwannow

If you are referring to the attack on the base from which missiles were fired, hardly anyone was killed there.
Whatever! You're missing the point - he's a hawk and a coward. Trump supporters are well-known for diversionary comments. I think someone here called it "Whataboutery". Deflect the argument away from the main point is the strategy always used.

Dame_Enda

Whatever! You're missing the point - he's a hawk and a coward. Trump supporters are well-known for diversionary comments. I think someone here called it "Whataboutery". Deflect the argument away from the main point is the strategy always used.
So let me get this straight. If he pulls out of Syria he's a "coward" but if he attacks Syria he's a "hawk". Left trying to have it both ways. :roll:

GDPR

So let me get this straight. If he pulls out of Syria he's a "coward" but if he attacks Syria he's a "hawk". Left trying to have it both ways. :roll:
Let me put it in simple terms for you: the missile strike on Shayrat airbase and his desired withdrawal from Syria are good illustrations of his foreign policy. He prefers to act with ineffective symbolism that does not materially advance the interests of the United States and/or its close allies (see: Shayrat) over acting with relative effectiveness to materially advance the interests of the United States and/or its close allies (see: the deployment of a relatively small, but highly effective, contingent of US troops in Syria).

He's a weakling who likes to appear tough (hawkish, if you will), but the fact is that he is not "clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors" and unwilling to truly confront them in a "resolute and unambiguous" manner. He's a weakling, an appeaser and an apologist who wants to appear tough, but can never actually be tough for such is utterly alien to the nature of what he actually is.

livingstone

It is perhaps telling of Trump's weakness or the fear thereof on the part of Trump and his cohorts that are growing openly hostile to their own party's internal democracy. Indeed, recently a member of the RNC has called for making it more difficult for other potential candidates to get a vote on the convention floor. Indeed, recently that same member called for the RNC to abandon its neutrality and endorse Trump.

If that were not enough, New Hampshire Trump supporters want the party to abandon its traditional neutrality in favor of Trump. North Carolina Trump supporters want to go further and abolish primaries altogether.

And then there is Trump himself, who is planning to formally tie his reelection campaign to the national party. Which, of course, would be unprecedented especially if it occurs during the primary season.
No, no. You must have something wrong.

When the DNC put the finger on the scales for Clinton, Trump was outraged on behalf of Bernie. He was adamant that such tactics as putting the party apparatus, informally and unofficially and to an extent, behind one candidate in a primary, was totally unacceptable and undemocratic, and that it massively tainted Clinton.

So I am 100% sure that Trump would not accept the RNC not just unofficially and to an extent putting a finger on the scale, but officially smashing the scale with a hammer and formally using it's position to shut down any dissent to Trump's candidacy. No candidate of honour could ever accept such a situation having railed so much against a fraction of those sort of shenanigans in the other party.

livingstone

Why on earth would you think a hawk can't be personally a coward.

GDPR

No, no. You must have something wrong.

When the DNC put the finger on the scales for Clinton, Trump was outraged on behalf of Bernie. He was adamant that such tactics as putting the party apparatus, informally and unofficially and to an extent, behind one candidate in a primary, was totally unacceptable and undemocratic, and that it massively tainted Clinton.

So I am 100% sure that Trump would not accept the RNC not just unofficially and to an extent putting a finger on the scale, but officially smashing the scale with a hammer and formally using it's position to shut down any dissent to Trump's candidacy. No candidate of honour could ever accept such a situation having railed so much against a fraction of those sort of shenanigans in the other party.
I do commend you for managing to convey sarcasm so well through text.

owedtojoy

N one really knows what the f**k he is doing, including Trump.

John Bolton is telling US allies

1. there is "no timeline" on the withdrawal.
  2. the withdrawal will not happen until Turkey guarantees it will not attack the Kurds.
So what is going on? Your guess is as good as mine.

No Syria withdrawal without Turkish pledge not to attack Kurds, Bolton says

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies