The revival of Frank 'Rehab' Flannery by his friends in RTE

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Watching the Week in Politics today fomer FG Director of Organisation and CEO of the alleged charity Rehab, Frank Flannery was on listed as a "Political Consultant" which is now what he's trying to pass himself off at these days. Flannery is also a regular favourite on the Marian Finucane show of course. So what next, Angela Keairns to become a regular RTE guest on current affairs along with Seanie Fitzpatrick, Fingers etc. Flannery was also mentioned in the Panama Papers regarding the dodgy role of British Virgin Islands firm in a London house purchase, truely represtative of FG of course.

So how long before Varadkar appoints him to head up some state quango, perhaps a charity for healthcare would be regarded appropriate to the morals of a FG leader giving his previous experience with Rehab ?

Frank Flannery quits Fine Gael roles and Rehab board - Independent.ie

Frank Flannery unable to explain documents on £250,000 deposit

Mushroom

Watching the Week in Politics today fomer FG Director of Organisation and CEO of the alleged charity Rehab, Frank Flannery was on lsited as a "Political Consultant" which is now what he's trying to pass himself off at these days. Flannery is also a regular favourite on the Marian Finucane show of course. So what next, Angela Keairns to become a regular RTE guest on current affairs, Seanie Fitzpatrick, Fingers etc. Flannery was also mentioned in the Panama Papers regarding the dodgy role of British Virgin Islands firm in a London house purchase.

So how long before Varadkar appoints him to head up some state quango, perhaps a charity for healthcare would be appropriate giving his previous experiance with Rehab ?

Frank Flannery quits Fine Gael roles and Rehab board - Independent.ie

Frank Flannery unable to explain documents on £250,000 deposit
Not too long hopefully.

I'd say a Brexit-related quango would be an ideal spot for Frank to be appointed to.

It's vitally important that FG focus on Brexit in a way that will ensure that The Widowkiller's Gang doesn't cynically manipulate Brexit in an attempt to unite the country while simultaneously re-establishing their smuggling networks.

Telstar 62

I agree with the general thrust of the OP.

Feel very queasy listening to Flannery pontificate on the radio.

Puts me in mind of bagman Frank Dunlop, when he was holding forth
on RTE on a regular basis.....

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Not too long hopefully.

I'd say a Brexit-related quango would be an ideal spot for Frank to be appointed to.

It's vitally important that FG focus on Brexit in a way that will ensure that The Widowkiller's Gang doesn't cynically manipulate Brexit in an attempt to unite the country while simultaneously re-establishing their smuggling networks.
Well Rehab Flannery would be of use to smugglers and the 'nice respectable' shytebags of FG, RTE etc with his knowledge of banking accounts and the British Virgin Islands :lol: :lol:

Panama Papers: Fianna Fail says Frank Flannery must be held to account

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Has he been able to explain to the Revenue Commissioners where he got the offshored 350k from and whether in earning that amount in the first place if it was his he had actually paid tax on it?

Or an even more interesting question might be whether the Revenue Commissioners have asked him any questions at all on the subject?

Analyzer

Reminds me of a joke doing the rounds in the midst of his main quango if controversy.

Which is odd one out ?
- Charlie Sheen
- Lindsay Lohan
- Ben Affleck
- Frank Flannery

Answer D. The other three were in rehab and managed to be moved out of rehab. Frank ca not be moved out.

Anyway it is a bit dated. Frank has since ended his stint in rehab.

Analyzer

Has he been able to explain to the Revenue Commissioners where he got the offshored 350k from and whether in earning that amount in the first place if it was his he had actually paid tax on it?

Or an even more interesting question might be whether the Revenue Commissioners have asked him any questions at all on the subject?
He is FG blue blood. He will never have to explain anything to the Revenue.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Reminds me of a joke doing the rounds in the midst of his main quango if controversy.

Which is odd one out ?
- Charlie Sheen
- Lindsay Lohan
- Ben Affleck
- Frank Flannery

Answer D. The other three were in rehab and managed to be moved out of rehab. Frank ca not be moved out.

Anyway it is a bit dated. Frank has since ended his stint in rehab.
Ah well Rehab Flannery is now going to have a brilliant media career with the help of his ' friends ' !!

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Has he found a new charity to parasite off yet with invoices drawn on a dissolved company letterhead?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Has he found a new charity to parasite off yet with invoices drawn on a dissolved company letterhead?
Wouldn't be long before lovely Leo finds him a nice quango with big expenses etc where Rehab can apply his ' expertise '.

Mushroom

Has he been able to explain to the Revenue Commissioners where he got the offshored 350k from and whether in earning that amount in the first place if it was his he had actually paid tax on it? Or an even more interesting question might be whether the Revenue Commissioners have asked him any questions at all on the subject?
You will doubtless be aware that Revenue posts quarterly reports of tax defaulters.

I read them with great interest on the day that they are published, as do many members of the Irish media. You can rest assured that if Frank's name was ever to appear, the media would let you know about it.

The next list is due to be published in the next couple of weeks; I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and will let you know whether Frank appears.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You will doubtless be aware that Revenue posts quarterly reports of tax defaulters.

I read them with great interest on the day that they are published, as do many members of the Irish media. You can rest assured that if Frank's name was ever to appear, the media would let you know about it.

The next list is due to be published in the next couple of weeks; I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and will let you know whether Frank appears.
I wasn't asking about defaulting. My question would be how Frank managed to explain having 350k in an offshore account and whether he had declared it as income in the first place.

That isn't a default question. It is a question the Revenue should be putting to him along with asking to see the invoices he issued in order to have that amount placed in an offshore account for him.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Flannery shouldn't even be tolerated in the country never mind be appearing on the state broadcaster.

RTE must be really f*cking desperate by now or else being influenced by someone in FG to get him a slot on the box.

Either way the state broadcaster should not be cossetting him as he is a walking due diligence issue.

Mushroom

I wasn't asking about defaulting. My question would be how Frank managed to explain having 350k in an offshore account and whether he had declared it as income in the first place.

That isn't a default question. It is a question the Revenue should be putting to him along with asking to see the invoices he issued in order to have that amount placed in an offshore account for him.
Most intelligent people employ accountants who ensure that they are fully tax compliant - as well as ensuring that they avail of every tax-avoidance scheme going. I find it extremely difficult to imagine that Frank Flannery wasn't cute enough to ensure that his tax affairs were in order.

But I'm feeling especially fiscally virtuous this weekend, having finally filed my own 2016 IT return through ROS! Tax refund on the way - happy days! :cool:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Most intelligent people employ accountants who ensure that they are fully tax compliant - as well as ensuring that they avail of every tax-avoidance scheme going. I find it extremely difficult to imagine that Frank Flannery wasn't cute enough to ensure that his tax affairs were in order.

But I'm feeling especially fiscally virtuous this weekend, having finally filed my own 2016 IT return through ROS! Tax refund on the way - happy days! :cool:
Flannery's accountant wasn't the one issuing invoices to Rehab on defunct company paper.

Mushroom

Flannery's accountant wasn't the one issuing invoices to Rehab on defunct company paper.
Just to repeat - for the benefit of the hard of hearing and the thick-skulled - I find it extremely difficult to imagine that Frank Flannery wasn't cute enough to ensure that his tax affairs were in order.

Let me add this rider: if not, then I sincerely hope that Revenue throws the book at him. Furthermore, unlike the abysmal ODCE, Revenue tend to get their man.

Analyzer

Three things rescued FG from the Noonan meltdown.

BIFFO
The DOBlin media
Frank Flannery.

And 2 & 3 on that list are very dodgy. 1 was pure luck.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Just to repeat - for the benefit of the hard of hearing and the thick-skulled - I find it extremely difficult to imagine that Frank Flannery wasn't cute enough to ensure that his tax affairs were in order.

Let me add this rider: if not, then I sincerely hope that Revenue throws the book at him. Furthermore, unlike the abysmal ODCE, Revenue tend to get their man.
You seem to be under the impression that you are favouring us with a keen intelligence. I've seen little evidence of it. All I see is a small man that thought he was big because he was looking at the public through a hatch for much of his life. In a job where he effectively couldn't be sacked.

I think the false report you have given yourself went to your head and you mistook a lump sum for applause.

Socratus O' Pericles

Remember when Seanie Fitz used to talk down to us....we were" risk averse" .....apparently!

New Threads

Most Replies