The revival of Frank 'Rehab' Flannery by his friends in RTE

eoghanacht

I'd say as soon as Varadkar catches all those dole cheats he'll turn his attention to the likes of Frank.

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com
Someone needs to make a bonfire of all the producers', presenters' and journalists' contact books on the front lawn of RTÉ and start again with blank pages. Also, delete any electronic versions. Same old names, same old faces.

brughahaha

Has he been able to explain to the Revenue Commissioners where he got the offshored 350k from and whether in earning that amount in the first place if it was his he had actually paid tax on it?

Or an even more interesting question might be whether the Revenue Commissioners have asked him any questions at all on the subject?
Indeed , how come Frank hasn't appeared on the quarterly tax defaulters list issued by revenue given the 70% penalties on his issuing of VAT invoices with an invalid VAT number should easily have broken the 33,000 limit and how come no prosecution has come before the courts on the same serious issue

His regular appearances on RTE news and current affairs are perfect examples of the media bubble , groupthink , narrow social circles and disconnect of our news agencies

Mushroom

You seem to be under the impression that you are favouring us with a keen intelligence. I've seen little evidence of it. All I see is a small man that thought he was big because he was looking at the public through a hatch for much of his life. In a job where he effectively couldn't be sacked. I think the false report you have given yourself went to your head and you mistook a lump sum for applause.
Oh dear. :(

Most of your posts are well written and some are interesting. From time to time I have 'liked' such contributions. And will do so again, whenever they warrant such approbation. However, in the one above, you have opted to expose your inner buffoon. Which is disappointing.

I'm curious as to what particular intellectual delusion led you to imagine that I would have the faintest interest in your opinion of me - but then it struck me that perhaps you're just constipated. After all, judging by the bilious nature of so many of your posts, it's reasonable to assume that the present Mrs. Talbot probably isn't the best cook in the world. So I recommend a couple of shots of Milk of Magnesia. Then a mug of cocoa and an early night.

Good lad.

Myers Mimnagh

Oh dear. :(

Most of your posts are well written and some are interesting. From time to time I have 'liked' such contributions. And will do so again, whenever they warrant such approbation. However, in the one above, you have opted to expose your inner buffoon. Which is disappointing.

I'm curious as to what particular intellectual delusion led you to imagine that I would have the faintest interest in your opinion of me - but then it struck me that perhaps you're just constipated. After all, judging by the bilious nature of so many of your posts, it's reasonable to assume that the present Mrs. Talbot probably isn't the best cook in the world. So I recommend a couple of shots of Milk of Magnesia. Then a mug of cocoa and an early night.

Good lad.
Liquid Parrafin Musheroon, is your man.

Although even it might struggle to shift some of the bile produced here, might need to be augmented by a 'suppie' up the coal hole.

Then stand well back!!!!

jpc

Like nothing ever happened.
Move on everyone.

TheWolf

Like nothing ever happened.
Move on everyone.
Da Bert will be scribbling his sh1te in a national newspaper soon enough.

Oh wait, doesn't he scrawl for The 'Independent' like that other f**ktard, O'Dea?

stanley

Just to repeat - for the benefit of the hard of hearing and the thick-skulled - I find it extremely difficult to imagine that Frank Flannery wasn't cute enough to ensure that his tax affairs were in order.

Let me add this rider: if not, then I sincerely hope that Revenue throws the book at him. Furthermore, unlike the abysmal ODCE, Revenue tend to get their man.

They might look like they get their man but then an Appeal is made to the Commissioners of the Rev and low and behold, one of the is Bertie's bro-in-law and Haughey walks away without making any payments, his family gets to live off the taxes he did not pay.

stanley

I agree with the general thrust of the OP.

Feel very queasy listening to Flannery pontificate on the radio.

Puts me in mind of bagman Frank Dunlop, when he was holding forth
on RTE on a regular basis.....

FF and FG seem to have an unwritten agreement about the scumbags contained in their ranks, no doubt there is a couple of lads ticking off the favours to each Party on a tit for tat basis.

TheWolf

FF and FG seem to have an unwritten agreement about the scumbags contained in their ranks, no doubt there is a couple of lads ticking off the favours to each Party on a tit for tat basis.
Ex- FF and FG politicians have no problem taking up positions on the boards of The Malteser's many dodgy companies.
Keep the axis of corruption going.......

Analyzer

Ex- FF and FG politicians have no problem taking up positions on the boards of The Malteser's many dodgy companies.
Keep the axis of corruption going.......
The appoinent of BIFFO is particularly baffling.

What does his track record say about him ?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Three things rescued FG from the Noonan meltdown.

BIFFO
The DOBlin media
Frank Flannery.

And 2 & 3 on that list are very dodgy. 1 was pure luck.
Not to worry, the Varadkar meltdown will inevitably be on the way for FG to lose the voters that migrated over from the other cheek of the same ar$e FF and be left only with the FG core !! Doubtlessly his "socially liberal and economically conservative policies" will only wake a hornets nest like the water charges. T'will be great crack altogether in the coming months, mark my words :lol:

President Bartlet

Watching the Week in Politics today fomer FG Director of Organisation and CEO of the alleged charity Rehab, Frank Flannery was on listed as a "Political Consultant" which is now what he's trying to pass himself off at these days. Flannery is also a regular favourite on the Marian Finucane show of course. So what next, Angela Keairns to become a regular RTE guest on current affairs along with Seanie Fitzpatrick, Fingers etc. Flannery was also mentioned in the Panama Papers regarding the dodgy role of British Virgin Islands firm in a London house purchase, truely represtative of FG of course.

So how long before Varadkar appoints him to head up some state quango, perhaps a charity for healthcare would be regarded appropriate to the morals of a FG leader giving his previous experience with Rehab ?

Frank Flannery quits Fine Gael roles and Rehab board - Independent.ie

Frank Flannery unable to explain documents on £250,000 deposit
Flannery and Noel Whelan must each have a room in Montrose as they are never off RTE

Myers Mimnagh

Not to worry, the Varadkar meltdown will inevitably be on the way for FG to lose the voters that migrated over from the other cheek of the same ar$e FF and be left only with the FG core !! Doubtlessly his "socially liberal and economically conservative policies" will only wake a hornets nest like the water charges. T'will be great crack altogether in the coming months, mark my words :lol:
Think you 'released' a bit early there Pee, Mr Varadkar will, as he has been doing, bind this country together and put a bit of pressure, hopefully, on the drones who do more marching than the Army Rangers.

New era Pee, suck it up.

jpc

A passion for lubrication.
Good fit for the position.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

I doubt he got the appointment due to his own record of business success. More like easy access to Oireachtas members.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
A darkened sewer-crypt behind Montrose. Cue the ident music for a political opinion show and a coffin lid swings open.

Out comes Frank from his 'Kerins & Co'-stamped resting place.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Flannery is one of that group of people that if you heard he'd been run over on the road the news would carry with it a certain impression of natural justice.

Myers Mimnagh

You get nothing for 'three-in -a-bed' Lumpy, not in this game:shock2:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies